6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2-2/)
-   -   agency Power Diverter Valves (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/195277-agency-power-diverter-valves.html)

mitcho168 12-13-2009 02:09 AM

agency Power Diverter Valves

hi i am planning to get agency Power Diverter Valves with the f hose. i have no mods just an exhaust. planning on intake. but i want to hear the turbos spool im running stock boost. will it have any negative affect if i put agency Power Diverter Valves. would it decrese my reliability ? anything bad can happpen thanks please help me. it seems to be at a fair price and i want to hear some noise from the turbos thanks! hilarious

996twin_sc 12-13-2009 02:33 AM

The plastic DV's tend to break. Upgrading them is always a good thing.

gearhead 12-13-2009 02:51 AM

upgrading your diverter valves won't hurt anything, the stock diverters are plastic and fail fairly easily. But they will make no "turbo spool" noise, if you did hear anything at all then somethings leaking boost and hurting your performance. The easiest way to hear turbo spool aka mac truck sound is to run a straight pipe exhaust but be warned its retarted style loud. But if you want to hear a whoosh or pphhh sound everytime you shift and perhaps thats what you were meaning as turbo spool, agency power makes a single style blow off valve that replaces your two diverter valves. Some purest might complain thats its not a rice burner and running atmospheric instead of recycling your boost will cause the car to run rich but I have one, love the noise and have no issues of running rich. Just go 50% recycled 50% atmospheric and you will have no problems. Install is easy enough just a pain because there is no space on top of the engine. Hope this helps your decision.

robertp 12-13-2009 05:45 AM

They offer no performance benifit unless the old ones have failed. That said, I switched mine out and they look good!

BLKMGK 12-13-2009 09:30 AM

The DVs won't make it any louder. Try to choose DVs that aren't big and bulky too since space is QUITE limited and if you go way bigger than the OEM plastic you will be hating life installing them - ask me how I know!

mitcho168 12-13-2009 11:39 AM

ok thanks for your response guys i really appreciate it. so if i change it it will not change any noise or anything?

BLKMGK 12-13-2009 01:10 PM

I observed no difference in sound upgrading mine and I doubt you will either. They do not vent to atmo, they'll be muffled by venting into the intake. I'd only swap them if you had good reason to believe that the OEM ones had gone bad or you were turning the boost way up...

mitcho168 12-13-2009 01:19 PM

alright sounds good thanks alot i appreciate it.

Lennon31987 01-08-2010 04:17 PM

my evoms gave a small swoosh sound with the k&N drop in

Mad Ness 01-09-2010 11:09 AM

using the AP, no noise difference. i dont think diverters (as opposed to blow off valves) make noise.

if diy this, drop the engine, saves a lot of time, avoids breaking things in the process, and easier to make sure hoses are tight enough. really easy to do, 2 bolts underside. there's a good link on this forum on how to safely do it.

To save a lot of hassle. get new hose clamps to replace the OEM spring type for the 2 OEM hoses that the diverters connect to on the other side of the F hose. Same applies if using the OEM F hose. AP F hose comes with hose clamps.

the vacuum hose that goes bottom side from diverter Y connector to a hard line may be brittle. i replaced mine.

steve harris 01-09-2010 11:46 AM

dv do go woooosh at least me forge ones did until i add evos piping to the turbos,that gave me way more power but lost my wooooosh i miss it