996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EBC problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 12:41 AM
P2P
P2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the rough
Question EBC problem

Hello There ,,
I've a 996 tt with upgraded turbos (k2418g). protomotive flashed ecu. dvs. evoms v-flow intake. gt2 intercooler. greddy profec b spec 2 boost controller.
from the first time i have put the EBC i'm getting wrong pressure reading in the EBC screen. like when i start the car it appears 99 PSI then it is decreasing when ever i push the gas pedal in both on and off modes. i get my car back again to the work shop to see if some thing attached wrong but they sayed that every thing is in its position and attached very good. This EBC i had it from my friend he was using it for another car before.
So any one got this problem before wanted to share now the solution ?

Old 01-07-2010, 01:18 AM
laurent965 is on a distinguished road
I put red EBC on my car , after 8 laps on the track , they were fried , complety gone.
But on the road the were fine

Old 01-07-2010, 04:41 AM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
Lost in translation?

Old 01-07-2010, 04:59 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
He thought you were talking about electric brake pads...

Old 01-07-2010, 05:38 AM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
EBC = brake pad company.
EBC also = Electronic Boost Controller

Old 01-07-2010, 06:34 AM
Mr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to beholdMr. C4 is a splendid one to behold
Rather obvious P2P was talking about an Electronic Boost Controller.......................

Old 01-07-2010, 06:45 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mr. C4
Rather obvious P2P was talking about an Electronic Boost Controller.......................

obviously not obvious to our french friend...

Old 01-07-2010, 07:50 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
woof

Old 01-07-2010, 08:02 AM
justinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to behold
woof woof?

Old 01-07-2010, 08:04 AM
justinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by P2P
Hello There ,,
I've a 996 tt with upgraded turbos (k2418g). protomotive flashed ecu. dvs. evoms v-flow intake. gt2 intercooler. greddy profec b spec 2 boost controller.
from the first time i have put the EBC i'm getting wrong pressure reading in the EBC screen. like when i start the car it appears 99 PSI then it is decreasing when ever i push the gas pedal in both on and off modes. i get my car back again to the work shop to see if some thing attached wrong but they sayed that every thing is in its position and attached very good. This EBC i had it from my friend he was using it for another car before.
So any one got this problem before wanted to share now the solution ?
Are you sure you are reading pressure? Can you draw a diagram of how it is installed? Have you set it up correctly?

Justin

Old 01-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
turn off the greddy with the top little button so it reads OFF.. have someone look at it while your driving... get on it in 3rd and see if it reads .8 bar or so... or maybe 12 psi depending on your setting...

here is how you should have it hooked up:

Connect the NO port to the port off of the Y-Pipe just outside of
the throttle body.
The COM port should go to the line that runs up over the manifold
and T's off to the w/g actuators.
The NC port should go to the line that runs towards the drivers side
of the car, then to the rubber pipe that holds the diverter valves.
Be sure that all the little red plugs are out of the solenoid!

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 01-08-2010, 01:05 AM
laurent965 is on a distinguished road
Sh....t next time i should read the post before writing something. hoops

Old 01-10-2010, 11:29 PM
P2P
P2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the roughP2P is a jewel in the rough
I'm sure that every thing is attached properly but still reading 99 PSI when i start the car and when i'm under the full boost it reads 1 or 0 psi some times.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:21 AM
Not to state the obvious, but it appears that you are not getting a boost signal. Are you sure you are hooked to a hose that gets positive pressure and not JUST vacuum?

Old 01-11-2010, 04:45 AM
P2P
Am gonna do a double check today in the work shop. But last time we have changed the lines and still the same.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EBC problem