6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2-2/)
-   -   Reus Audio System Installed!! WOW! (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/20382-reus-audio-system-installed-wow.html)

Oweyea 12-30-2004 08:58 AM

Reus Audio System Installed!! WOW!

I picked up the TT from Reus Audio yesterday after I had their complete top of the line audio system installed and OMG! I've played with different audio systems in the past and have spent lots of time at shows listening to different systems but the Reus system is simply "amazing". (I know Darren and Kevin know what I'm talking about!)

I spent a couple of hours last night just sitting in my TT listening to several of my favorite CDs in the Garage. I walked out repeating "Oh My God", "Oh My God"!

Now this system isn't the loud super base ghetto system you generally hear here in LA but a super clean, 100% stock looking sleeper that will blow your socks off!! The fidelity and separation of the sound is excellent. I heard things on CDs that I've owned for years for the first time listening to the Reus system. When you close your eyes and just listen you feel like you're on a sound stage with each instrument coming from a unique direction.

You guys will have to hear this system to believe it! Reus will have 3 cars at the LA Auto show in January, so if you guys remember, pay them a visit and listen to what in my opinion is the most amazing car audio system ever! Alternatively, I stop by Lucent Motors in West LA frequently and would be very happy to demo the system for you guys.

Happy New Year to all!!!

~Rob

hilarious

MANA 12-30-2004 09:00 AM

:cool: :cool:

I have had the same experience with mine. Reus Rocks!! :D

Oweyea 12-30-2004 09:04 AM

Ahhh, so you're the guy in Colorado that Rick said he did an install for!! Love your car!!

hilarious

trojanman 12-30-2004 09:11 AM

No need to sell me on Reus - I've got 4 systems and counting!

The only problem with having several Reus systems is that I'm actually disappointed when I sit down to listen to my home system. Hmm....maybe I'll have Rick come over and design a custom listening chamber in my house :D

Volare 12-30-2004 11:06 AM

Pics please.

20C4S 12-30-2004 11:25 AM

Rob,
i can park ur car in the showroom & use it as a nice sound system. when is ur next long vocation? :D

SteveH 12-30-2004 11:26 AM

mind if i ask about how much it cost? i'm looking into possibly doing something in my FX45. Where are they located?

Oweyea 12-30-2004 12:29 PM

As for pics, there is nothing to see! The system is designed to look stock! They replace all the existing speakers while keeping the factory grills. The new amplifiers are hidden in the boot and the additional sub is located within the spare tire!

Cost: $7,200.00 for their "Top" system.

Not cheap but well worth the cost. Reus has a few different systems they can install so it really depends on what you want.

Reus is located in Orange California but they will fly their installers to your home or office for the install, at a "small" cost of course.

hilarious

Oweyea 12-30-2004 12:30 PM

Originally posted by 20C4S
Rob,
i can park ur car in the showroom & use it as a nice sound system. when is ur next long vocation? :D

Sure thing Arling! Maybe you can get around to install my Techart tips while it's there? :D

Jack(LA) 12-30-2004 12:39 PM

Originally posted by SteveH
mind if i ask about how much it cost? i'm looking into possibly doing something in my FX45. Where are they located?
Steve -- contact me -- I've got some stereo info for you. :D

40anny 12-30-2004 02:10 PM

Hey Rob,
Rick told me about your car yesterday. I was going to drop by and listen to it.

I was there last week. Dropped FOUR 8" subs in the back. They had to remove the passenger seat to get the box in. It took two guys to install that sucker. Really clean install. Holy geez does it thump.

I also got the spare tire sub, and the rear view mirror tweeters.

They ordered me another amp. I need more power to run those 4 subwoofers.

deputydog95 12-30-2004 02:51 PM

Wow, $7200. You could do some pretty serious aftermarket equipment for that kind of money. What's the advantage there?

Is it just the stealth apsect? You could use all JL and MB quart equipment with custom fiberglass enclosures and still be no where near that price.

luting_chen 12-30-2004 02:58 PM

see u guys there at the LA autoshow ^_^

Oweyea 12-30-2004 03:01 PM

Originally posted by deputydog95
Wow, $7200. You could do some pretty serious aftermarket equipment for that kind of money. What's the advantage there?

Is it just the stealth apsect? You could use all JL and MB quart equipment with custom fiberglass enclosures and still be no where near that price.

I guess the advantage is that Reus designes and builds their own amps and speakers for the car! They design and build a custom fiberglass enclosure as well and other tricks which I don't think Rick will appreciate me discussing on an open forum.

As I mentioned before, you'll have to listen to it to appreciate it. It also is a 100% stock look. You have no idea that there is a custom sound system in the car. And for the record, I do have some "serious" aftermarket equipment in there!!

hilarious

Oweyea 12-30-2004 03:05 PM

Originally posted by 40anny
Hey Rob,
Rick told me about your car yesterday. I was going to drop by and listen to it.

I was there last week. Dropped FOUR 8" subs in the back. They had to remove the passenger seat to get the box in. It took two guys to install that sucker. Really clean install. Holy geez does it thump.

I also got the spare tire sub, and the rear view mirror tweeters.

They ordered me another amp. I need more power to run those 4 subwoofers.

Sorry I missed you! Rick told me about your system! Too bad I have a cab! I'm very happy with the base response. I spent another hour listening this morning and it indeed sounds like you are on a sound stage! I was listening to the sound track of the Pianist and you can hear the piano player taking breaths! I was never able to hear that before!! Simply amazing!!

I'd like to hear your system as well. Maybe we can get together and compare?

Enjoy your system!

~Rob

40anny 12-30-2004 06:22 PM

We need to convince Arling and Tom to have a bbq at Lucent in the new year.

We can have our own sound (audio and exhaust) competition.

I'm thinking two sub-categories:
- Db
- Sound quality

Oweyea 12-30-2004 06:30 PM

BBQ at Lucent sounds good to me!!

Hear that Arling?!!

BBQ @ Lucent!

We'll put those BBQ you guys bought for the last one to good use. Eride can bring the Brazilian beef and sausage, I'll bring the BBQ Chicken and we'll pot luck chips, dips and sweets! We can have the sound off while we eat! Sounds like a plan to me!!

hilarious

Turbo Ron 12-30-2004 06:49 PM

I am ready for another BBQ. It's been since August.

20C4S 12-30-2004 07:59 PM

NUTS!!! hilarious

Jpcuban 12-30-2004 09:33 PM

Yeah Arling.. bbq.. bbq... cmon.. I am sending that check to you.. someday... how about right now...

40anny 12-30-2004 10:06 PM

NUTS!!! hilarious
Cool!!!

Guess we're having a BBQ.

Arling will be supplying the nuts.

Almonds please!!!:D

20C4S 12-30-2004 10:08 PM

NUTS!!! hilarious
THAT WAS KIRBY.

CA 996 12-30-2004 11:14 PM

Right on another Lucent BBQ I'm down.................what you guys cooking this time?

trojanman 12-31-2004 10:03 AM

Deputy - the Reus system is truly unlike anything you've ever heard in your life. One of my previous vehicles had a complete top of the line MB Quart speaker system, and it sounds like a gramaphone compared to the Reus system. You truly have to experience it to believe it.

Too bad you're not coming to the LA Auto Show - Rick has a big booth this year.

jaykla 12-31-2004 11:12 AM

Hey Rob....Congrats on the Reus..your car is turning out to be a real monster in every direction. I'll see and hear you soon.

40anny 12-31-2004 11:13 AM

Originally posted by Oweyea

Cost: $7,200.00 for their "Top" system.

hilarious

Rob,
You got a good deal. I hope I got a "Top Top" system, cus I paid a lot more than you!!
Mel:eek:

trojanman 12-31-2004 11:37 AM

Reus has a great many combinations you can get for your car. Each application can be different, so Rick has asked me not to discuss prices on a public forum like this. I'm assuming he'd appreciate other people not talking about prices either.

The price can vary greatly depending on:

Amount of subwoofers
Amount of power (amps)
Which head unit, if any
Navigation
Travel/Installation related expenses
Full System vs. "Enhancement System"

Your best bet is to call Rick directly at 714-633-6636.

tme 01-01-2005 08:26 PM

rEUS IS THE ULTIMATE.... not only does it sound great and can't tell the factory system has been changed but you can pull all the amps and subs out quickly to get rid of the extra weight for the track. I have a sub box that fills the space between the shelf and the rear seat backs... even put the turbo logo on it.... awesome product and awesome company/person to deal with........ You can't appreciate it by looking at pics or hearing specs... a listen is worth a million ????????

Oweyea 01-01-2005 11:54 PM

The $7,200 is for the Full Reus System without changing out the head unit. Additional sub woofers in the rear are extra!! :D

Rick said it was ok to quote that price but if you buy him dinner he might bring in down a bit....hilarious

luting_chen 01-02-2005 04:22 AM

that's about the price...
i paid additional for the 10 inch sub box... pretty expensive... haha

Itzkirb 01-02-2005 04:53 AM

THAT WAS KIRBY.
I got your nuts right here!hilarious

deputydog95 01-02-2005 09:16 AM

Anybody in FL got one? I'd love to hear it. I was considering changing my Bose out this year. I've had a bunch of competition systems in various cars so I'm kind of picky. Do they have an option where it's not as stealthy? I kind of like the "ice" look if it's done tastefully. I've never heard anybody do anything but rave about this Reus equipment so it must be pretty damn good.

cjv 01-02-2005 10:09 AM

About three years ago I had Rick install his system in my TT. It must be his basic system as the woofer is where the spare was located and you don't have a clue as to anything else being different. The woofer and the amps are located where the spare was and the extra weight can be removed easily in less than five minutes (quick disconnect) when we go to the track or strip. We didn't use the spare as the woofer enclosure. :)

I really like the Reus system. :) A plus is, it is warranted for as long as I own the car. :)

Turbo Fanatic 01-02-2005 03:35 PM

I'm down too. I would love to see all of your cars and see Lucent's shop.

CA 996 01-02-2005 04:55 PM

Hey Arling whens the BBQ or should I ask Kirby

trojanman 01-03-2005 01:39 AM

Do they have an option where it's not as stealthy? I kind of like the "ice" look if it's done tastefully.
One of the great things about the Reus systems is that they fit just like factory components. Still, some people do like to go "overboard" ;)

Ask Luting Chen what he did...his car will be on display @ the LA Auto Show I believe. Maybe he can send you some pics.

40anny 01-03-2005 10:49 AM

Here's some pics of Kevin's car.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...highlight=reus

DEETZ 01-03-2005 01:01 PM

anyone in Boston with REUS system? He quoted me more than 7200 for the Cayenne :) Maybe my next spending will go to Reus or Arling

DEETZ 01-03-2005 01:04 PM

Reus should be one of the board sponsor!!