996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Newest 996 GT2 market discussion - 2017

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 08:20 AM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
Newest 996 GT2 market discussion - 2017

Gents,
Since this is buried in a 2009 thread I'm posting a link so this might be more likely found - for anyone interested in the current market.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4636710

Old 05-19-2017, 11:27 AM
lightguy is on a distinguished road
I tracked GT2 values for years and decided to buy in when it the bottom.
To me that was spring 2015 so I bought.
My mint one with 25K miles was 85K.
Prices went up the day after !

They went up to about 125K ish for my car leveled out then took a small downturn.
I figure its worth 100K now.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:36 AM
techweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by lightguy
I tracked GT2 values for years and decided to buy in when it the bottom.
To me that was spring 2015 so I bought.
My mint one with 25K miles was 85K.
Prices went up the day after !

They went up to about 125K ish for my car leveled out then took a small downturn.
I figure its worth 100K now.
I've tracked this as well, GT2 has to be the most volatile of all our cars.
I think what happens is when the prices get over $115-120K, owners put their cars on the market in numbers beyond buyer demand.
Then the cars sit and the prices erode. But in my observation, the bottom level of the GT2 price "wave" is higher all the time.
Local dealer had an extremely nice one for $159K and sold it within the last 1/2 year.

Last edited by techweenie; 05-20-2017 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:11 AM
gclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond repute
But why give up this beauty??

Old 05-22-2017, 05:56 AM
993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !
from what I see, the truly good ones (no stories) are pulling very strong money, and potentially the questionable/storied cars are sitting on ebay...

Almost 106k km on mine now and never selling

Old 05-22-2017, 01:01 PM
john riley is a name known to alljohn riley is a name known to alljohn riley is a name known to alljohn riley is a name known to alljohn riley is a name known to alljohn riley is a name known to all
Originally Posted by gclasse
that is beautifull what front end is that it looks sweet john

Old 06-30-2017, 07:55 PM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
John, That is a 100% factory GT2 front end.

Old 06-10-2019, 08:57 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Reviving an old thread. Feelings on the current market? Looking to buy my first Porsche and the 996 GT2 has always been a favorite of mine!

Old 06-11-2019, 03:42 PM
pnorell is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by DetomasoGTS74
Reviving an old thread. Feelings on the current market? Looking to buy my first Porsche and the 996 GT2 has always been a favorite of mine!
PM sent. I have a really nice 03 GT2 for sale.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:37 AM
gclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond reputegclasse has a reputation beyond repute
My 02 GT2 is for sale as well!!

Old 06-12-2019, 08:38 AM
@DetomasoGTS74
I presume you read the previous postings here. I think it's all been said. Frankly, I detest the "collector/investor" mentality but anyone in it for the long run is going to look like a genius down the line. I hope you have done your homework on these. I hesitate to agree on an early GT2 for a "first Porsche". It's like saying you like Shelbys so why not start with a 427 Semi-Comp car. One reason there seem to be more GT2s available than market demand is that these are challenging cars to use casually. Yes, they will bite you hard. They are also immensely rewarding to those with driving skills and ability to remain focused AT ALL TIMES. [I grant you these can be poked along in regular traffic but what a waste.

I think the best statement I can make about these cars is that at some point [old age and may move to a totally unsuitable area for it] I am going to sell mine. It won't be because it's a "smart" time, it will simply be time. There is no way in hell I am going to let someone test drive this thing. I've owned a variety of silly fast cars and I've never thought this before. This could also be that I've finally gotten some common sense. Lots has been written about these car and what they are like to use. If you haven't, do so. It may keep you out of the weeds. These writings will also explain that for all the years I've owned mine, it sits way too much.

OH, prices? Values? Future appreciation? Sure. All of that. Buy one you really like. Pay whatever. As long as you keep it a while you will do just fine. If you discover you don't make bags of money because you sold "too early" I ask, didn't you get your money's worth?!

Last edited by john rice; 06-12-2019 at 08:41 AM. Reason: forgot that closing ]
Old 06-12-2019, 09:15 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by pnorell
PM sent. I have a really nice 03 GT2 for sale.
Hi Pete, replied to pm yesterday, do you have a link to posting or details on the car with pictures?

Old 06-12-2019, 09:16 PM
In PR or stateside?

Old 06-12-2019, 09:27 PM
pnorell is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi Pete, replied to pm yesterday, do you have a link to posting or details on the car with pictures?
My car in Upland, California

https://www.cncexotics.com/details-2...33s696096.html

Old 06-12-2019, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by john rice
@DetomasoGTS74
I presume you read the previous postings here. I think it's all been said. Frankly, I detest the "collector/investor" mentality but anyone in it for the long run is going to look like a genius down the line. I hope you have done your homework on these. I hesitate to agree on an early GT2 for a "first Porsche". It's like saying you like Shelbys so why not start with a 427 Semi-Comp car. One reason there seem to be more GT2s available than market demand is that these are challenging cars to use casually. Yes, they will bite you hard. They are also immensely rewarding to those with driving skills and ability to remain focused AT ALL TIMES. [I grant you these can be poked along in regular traffic but what a waste.

I think the best statement I can make about these [url=http://i.viglink.com/?key=67dd7173560d3bab82bde3b3da28ac8d&insertId=c6a 2fde5d374f0eb&type=KW&exp=60%3ACI1C55A%3A10&libId= jwtapr1g01000axn000DA1jiubgvcj9gd5&loc=https%3A%2F %2Fwww.6speedonline.com%2Fforums%2F996-turbo-gt2%2F407425-newest-996-gt2-market-discussion-2017-a.html%23post4786206&v=1&iid=c6a2fde5d374f0eb&opt= true&out=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html %3F_nkw%3Dcars&title=Newest%20996%20GT2%20market%2 0discussion%20-%202017%20-%206SpeedOnline%20-%20Porsche%20Forum%20and%20Luxury%20Car%20Resource &txt=%3Cspan%3Ecars%3C%2Fspan%3E]cars is that at some point [old age and may move to a totally unsuitable area for it] I am going to sell mine. It won't be because it's a "smart" time, it will simply be time. There is no way in hell I am going to let someone test drive this thing. I've owned a variety of silly fast cars and I've never thought this before. This could also be that I've finally gotten some common sense. Lots has been written about these car and what they are like to use. If you haven't, do so. It may keep you out of the weeds. These writings will also explain that for all the years I've owned mine, it sits way too much.

OH, prices? Values? Future appreciation? Sure. All of that. Buy one you really like. Pay whatever. As long as you keep it a while you will do just fine. If you discover you don't make bags of money because you sold "too early" I ask, didn't you get your money's worth?!
Thanks for the reply @john rice. I did a bunch of digging and replied to this thread as it was the most relevant recent thread I could find even though it’s two years old. Given the sample size is small on these cars, perhaps the best pricing information is coming from bring a trailer? I figured I would check with owners.

This would not be an investment for me as I treat all of my cars as they were intended, I drive them! I am looking for a car ideally that has been driven consistently with service records.

I understand your concern and appreciate the guidance around not looking at this model as my first Porsche. Please understand this would be replacing something that weighs 800 lbs less, has 50 more horsepower, a 92” wheelbase, and no nannies either. I drove a EVMOS 700HP GT2 for sale near me last week but it had no service records, so I will be passing. I’m looking for a powerful drivers car with no nannies to replace a true widowmaker and believe the GT2 is the closest I will find.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.