996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

o.k. to run stock turbo twists with longer bolts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
o.k. to run stock turbo twists with longer bolts?

Hey guys, I'm running 7mm f and 14mm r spacers with stock wheels, with the longer H&R bolts. I just sold my std. lenght bolts, and now I regret it because I want to run without spacers for a bit. Can I use the longer bolts without spacers, or will the bolts bottom out in the wheel carrier? Thanks!

Old 03-11-2011, 03:33 PM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
Depending on the length, they may bottom out on the carrier. Best thing to do is to install them, and spin the wheel a complete 360 on each corner to make sure they spin freely.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Scottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond reputeScottslaw has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Doc! I'll give it a try, and I'll also just try running my new-to-me wheels (stock gt2 twists) with the spacers and see how everything fits.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
Do not try to install the 14mm longer bolt in the rears... It will bottom out it to the E brake and do some damage... Fronts may work with 7mm longer bolts though.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
75 views and two members respond? hhmmm.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Maybe you should have asked "What shop/tuner should I take my car to to find out if I can use my longer lug bolts without spacers"

Old 03-12-2011, 02:49 PM
emadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond reputeemadelta86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tim941NYC
Maybe you should have asked "What shop/tuner should I take my car to to find out if I can use my longer lug bolts without spacers"

Old 03-12-2011, 03:43 PM

Ha! Or I could have simply asked about maximum horsepower on stock internals! Thanks for the advice Tim, that is exactly what I wanted to know, and you likely just saved me some coin! I went ahead and installed my new to me gt2 twists with my spacers, and boy do they stick out far! I'm going to have to get some stock bolts if I end up keeping the gt2 wheels. Thanks again!

Old 03-12-2011, 05:43 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Where did you get the GT2 wheels if you don't mind me asking? I saw some on eBay recently! Search for the black wheel bolts thread and PM those who went to black and see if they want to sell theirs! :-)

Old 03-13-2011, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by raineycd
Where did you get the GT2 wheels if you don't mind me asking? I saw some on eBay recently! Search for the black wheel bolts thread and PM those who went to black and see if they want to sell theirs! :-)
Craigslist,believe it or not. Just happened upon them doing my daily cl search. Car feels crazy planted with them on!

Old 03-13-2011, 08:59 AM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scottslaw
Craigslist,believe it or not. Just happened upon them doing my daily cl search. Car feels crazy planted with them on!
Gotta love CL! Not much P-Car action here in KY...

Old 03-13-2011, 02:20 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Do not try to install the 14mm longer bolt in the rears... It will bottom out it to the E brake and do some damage... Fronts may work with 7mm longer bolts though.
+1. Backs will hit with no spacer. Fronts should be OK. I kept my stock bolts for this reason...not that I ever plan to run without spacers...