996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just installed sprint booster and 997 shifter - Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 08:54 PM
vv23 has a spectacular aura aboutvv23 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Nikolas
Got it - I was just referring to Willieboy's quote where he asked the cost of the 997 SSK.

Cool

Old 09-06-2010, 09:04 PM
willieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the roughwillieboy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by vv23
Here's the part from Suncoast Porsche in Flordia:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...de=performance

Pretty good price--its worth every penny!
I notice two available on that page. One is just under $200.00 and one is "factory" at just under $500.00. Which one ?? Only want to do it once

Old 09-06-2010, 09:27 PM
vv23 has a spectacular aura aboutvv23 has a spectacular aura about
Hey willie, its the one for $194. It's the perfect balance I find between the stock shifter and a notchy short throw one.

Originally Posted by willieboy
I notice two available on that page. One is just under $200.00 and one is "factory" at just under $500.00. Which one ?? Only want to do it once

Old 09-06-2010, 09:30 PM
jprice is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SprintBooster
You must understand that if your throttle input is in the right place at the right time, you will be beside yourself on how well the car responds. Its not uncommon for us to hear from our customers that their car feels completely different (but in a good way) It is truely amazing to drive a modern car with zero throttle.
Meh, it's a dc volt amplifier, with selectable gain now. You can get the same effect by simply pushing your gas pedal more. People feel the same change as if they had simply driven with more gas pedal in the first place. If they want to drop a bunch of money on a voltage amplifier instead of just pressing the gas pedal more.. then great! Those people are keeping Sprint Booster in business!

I agree it WOULD be truly amazing to drive a modern car with zero throttle. How's the air going to get into the motor?

Old 09-06-2010, 09:51 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
The sprint booster with the manual buttons sounds like a simplified version of gear boost anti lag that is available with Motronic.

Old 09-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
The least expensive one is the standard 997 shifter. The more expensive one is the 997 short shifter that is often praised as the best SSK for the 996.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:17 AM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
trust me on this one ... get the ssk version and shell out the extra 200 dollars. i went from 996oem to 997oem to 997ssk.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:28 AM
Former Vendor
SprintBooster is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jprice
Meh, it's a dc volt amplifier, with selectable gain now. You can get the same effect by simply pushing your gas pedal more. People feel the same change as if they had simply driven with more gas pedal in the first place. If they want to drop a bunch of money on a voltage amplifier instead of just pressing the gas pedal more.. then great! Those people are keeping Sprint Booster in business!

I agree it WOULD be truly amazing to drive a modern car with zero throttle. How's the air going to get into the motor?
Refering to eliminating throttle lag, thank you for point out the typo.

Again the fact remains, Sprint booster is much more advance then what your describing. Our technology is patented and designed to provide the best throttle experience possible. We went in to Sema with this technology and came away with Product of the year, beating out thousands of other products. Sprint Booster is something that once you try it, you get it, you understand the true benefits.

Try it, prove the claim wrong. Our product has a 30 Day return policy if it doesnt work to eliminate the lag in your vehicle return it and tell everyone here on the forum about your experience.

Final point, countless people have tried our product very few if any have a problem with it and return it. Those who try it generally love it. This simply maybe the best mod you will buy for your car in a plug and play form.

Last edited by SprintBooster; 09-07-2010 at 06:30 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:43 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SprintBooster
Refering to eliminating throttle lag, thank you for point out the typo.

Again the fact remains, Sprint booster is much more advance then what your describing. Our technology is patented and designed to provide the best throttle experience possible. We went in to Sema with this technology and came away with Product of the year, beating out thousands of other products. Sprint Booster is something that once you try it, you get it, you understand the true benefits.

Try it, prove the claim wrong. Our product has a 30 Day return policy if it doesnt work to eliminate the lag in your vehicle return it and tell everyone here on the forum about your experience.

Final point, countless people have tried our product very few if any have a problem with it and return it. Those who try it generally love it. This simply maybe the best mod you will buy for your car in a plug and play form.
What if I don't have any lag? I don't have any issues with my throttle whatsoever. I had a 330ci that was a little quirky, but no issues with my 997 or Cayenne. To say that it improves every car would be a bit of a stretch. I'm sure there are some vehicles that could benefit, but not all. And if I did have an issue, personally I would prefer to get an ecu flash that corrected it and receive the benefits of engine remapping as well. And if I want the pedal to feel "hyper sensitive", I just hit the sport button and it'll do exactly the same thing. Its interesting to hold a constant speed and turn the sport button on and off, the rpms change as the TPS is adjusted for sensitivity.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Doesn't sound like the sprint booster gets rid of lag. It sounds like it increases the reaction time of your throttle input, so when you go from easy throttle to stomp to the floor throttle, the response time that the ecu reacts is much faster. That is the lag I think they are talking about. CJV says this is already programmable in motronic? if so, then a tuner can change settings as well to do this. But maybe it is an on off thing in tuning, whereas with this you can have your easy driving reaction throttle and race mode on off switch type response.

IS this what I am understanding or am I missing something.?

Old 09-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by deputydog95
What if I don't have any lag? I don't have any issues with my throttle whatsoever. I had a 330ci that was a little quirky, but no issues with my 997 or Cayenne. To say that it improves every car would be a bit of a stretch. I'm sure there are some vehicles that could benefit, but not all. And if I did have an issue, personally I would prefer to get an ecu flash that corrected it and receive the benefits of engine remapping as well. And if I want the pedal to feel "hyper sensitive", I just hit the sport button and it'll do exactly the same thing. Its interesting to hold a constant speed and turn the sport button on and off, the rpms change as the TPS is adjusted for sensitivity.
Deputydog95, Every vehicle with throttle by wire experiences throttle lag, to some degree this is by design by the manufacturer, in the sense that there is a very complex balancing act going on where the ECU attempts to balance performance with fuel economy. Because sprint booster is "aware" this provides an advantage over even flashing of throttle maps. Sprint Booster is designed to analysis your specific inputs and supply a modified signal. All I can really say to this to sum it up, Forget what you have heard before and try the product. There are a lot of people who attempt to figure out sprint booster and dis miss it as something that they can make in the garage with simple trip to the electronics store. For those people, they tend to miss the fact that our product is patented and proven. Countless people have tried our product, in some circles its almost a way of life, because they enjoy it so much. Independent reviews even at the media level all come back favorably. We have mentioned this before, but the hardest award to win was the SEMA new product award, and we did this vs. some of the most innovative products in the world.

All that said, at the end of the day no one can force you to try the product. But we are willing to guarantee that you will be satisified with the benefit, or you get your money back. No B.S. Even if your car comes equipped with a sport feature, there is still benefits to be had. This is proven. Verify this with the countless people of different makes and models who have tried sprint booster.

To address your last comment, "Its interesting to hold a constant speed and turn the sport button on and off, the rpms change as the TPS is adjusted for sensitivity."

Again your test would not work to the effect that your looking for because part of the sprint booster advantage is that sprint booster makes changes based on your inputs. holding your foot steady while changing modes defeats the analyzing nature of the product. If you demand power, either WOT or partial throttle, Sprint Booster is designed to analyses what your foot is doing (aka read your mind) and implement a modified signal based one what you desire.

With the two modes, we cover a broader range of customers based on their tastes. Do a good search find a specific application we cover and search sprint booster based on that. And you can see everyones opinion.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/service...sr-review.html is a good example. Even this user found the product to be a great benefit on the track. If you search further you will find real world application tests that may provide you with a more balanced opinion.

Originally Posted by Prche951
Doesn't sound like the sprint booster gets rid of lag. It sounds like it increases the reaction time of your throttle input, so when you go from easy throttle to stomp to the floor throttle, the response time that the ecu reacts is much faster. That is the lag I think they are talking about. CJV says this is already programmable in motronic? if so, then a tuner can change settings as well to do this. But maybe it is an on off thing in tuning, whereas with this you can have your easy driving reaction throttle and race mode on off switch type response.

Sprint Booster is for some people an easy alternative for some people to tuning. With tuning you are at the mercy of how good your tuner or tuning package is at modifying your throttle maps. And if the throttle maps are too aggressive or not aggressive enough, then its something you have to revisit the issue. With Sprint Booster, we have put the time and effort into making sure the application is just right, if its not we wouldn't release it. We continue to listen to our customer feedback and we have put forward enhancements, namely the selectable feature.

Last edited by SprintBooster; 09-07-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:56 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951

There have been different tools available on the race scene for some time now. I had stated in my thread recently that we were looking into what was available and had come up with launch control, gear boost anti lag and gear dependent boost systems. My investigations show these systems are available through motronics.

I do not know anything about Sprint Booster's system. I'm sure it will be looked into and understood in due time. Sprint Booster said it is patented ....... could I have the patent number to look into what was patented? It could be something new and different, if so I would be interested in exploring it and possibly adding it to our project.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
This may actually help you if what I am reading is correct, by making engine rev faster. almost like the lwfw affect

Old 09-07-2010, 11:07 AM
jprice is on a distinguished road
Don't let the Sprint Booster advertiser confuse you. I'd like to dispell the myth:

It does NOT and NEVER will decrease DBW lag. Motronic is still going to do what it does with the throttle valve. The SprintBooster products do NOT intercept or circumvent the signal between the ECU and the throttle body. All it does is amplify the DC Voltage between the pedal and the ECU. There is NO lag there.. NONE. (well aside from the lag of the speed of electricity, which is not accelerated by SprintBooster. )

Claiming that SprintBooster decreases DBW lag is completely and blatantly false advertising. It does no such thing.

The Pedal returns a signal to the ECU, 0-5v DC. What Sprint Booster does is simply amplify the signal, so if you depress your pedal 30%, it might send a signal to the ECU indicating that you pressed it 50%, or 60% or whatever the gain is set to. YOU CAN DO THE SAME THING by simply pressing the gas pedal 50%, or 60% instead of 30%.

So effectively, Sprint Booster reduces the accuracy of your throttle pedal by shortening functional travel of the gas pedal. (Since if pressing the pedal 80% tell the ECU you pressed it 100%, you lost the last 20% of pedal travel doing anything)

It's really quite simple, but Sprint Booster sales and marketing people will tell you it's complicated, or it does this or that... but at the end of the day it's a dc voltage amplifier with selectable gain with a 5v max output.

See through the smoke and mirrors folks!

It does NOT make your car any faster (unless you're phycisally unable to push your pedal 100% by yourself ), it does NOT DBW reduce lag (physically impossible due to it's location and complete separation from motronic).

Last edited by jprice; 09-07-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by jprice
Don't let the Sprint Booster advertiser confuse you. I'd like to dispell the myth:

It does NOT and NEVER will decrease DBW lag. Motronic is still going to do what it does with the throttle valve. The SprintBooster products do NOT intercept or circumvent the signal between the ECU and the throttle body. All it does is amplify the DC Voltage between the pedal and the ECU. There is NO lag there.. NONE. (well aside from the lag of the speed of electricity, which is not accelerated by SprintBooster. )

Claiming that SprintBooster decreases DBW lag is completely and blatantly false advertising. It does no such thing.

The Pedal returns a signal to the ECU, 0-5v DC. What Sprint Booster does is simply amplify the signal, so if you depress your pedal 30%, it might send a signal to the ECU indicating that you pressed it 50%, or 60% or whatever the gain is set to. YOU CAN DO THE SAME THING by simply pressing the gas pedal 50%, or 60% instead of 30%.

So effectively, Sprint Booster reduces the accuracy of your throttle pedal by shortening functional travel of the gas pedal. (Since if pressing the pedal 80% tell the ECU you pressed it 100%, you lost the last 20% of pedal travel doing anything)

It's really quite simple, but Sprint Booster sales and marketing people will tell you it's complicated, or it does this or that... but at the end of the day it's a dc voltage amplifier with selectable gain with a 5v max output.

See through the smoke and mirrors folks!

It does NOT make your car any faster (unless you're phycisally unable to push your pedal 100% by yourself ), it does NOT DBW reduce lag (physically impossible due to it's location and complete separation from motronic).
Have you tried our product sir?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Just installed sprint booster and 997 shifter - Review