996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

:::Getting Ready:::

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 03:06 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by frankster
I will remember that! About the only thing I have done correctly is listen to Akram's advice during the build. My expertise lies in building race bikes, not cars. Therefore, I have deferred to his expertise, throughout.

This car has very much been a team effort, throughout. Not only Akram and myself, but OS Inspector's research in helping us decide on which way to go, to the hard work and support of our suppliers who have stuck with us!

Regardless, a special thanks goes out to Betim at BBi, the kind folks at JIC, and of course Todd at Protomotive who has done so many file updates for us that I lost count! I'll have to send him something special for Christmas. Maybe a good ole fashioned Texas Pecan Pie!

We might even have some at the Mile!
Todd has endless patience that is for sure. Both of the stock motor 996 cars that have gone over 200 at the Texas Mile have been tuned by him and it looks like you are well on your way. See you in a few weeks.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:10 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
I will remember that! About the only thing I have done correctly is listen to Akram's advice during the build. My expertise lies in building race bikes, not cars. Therefore, I have deferred to his expertise, throughout.

This car has very much been a team effort, throughout. Not only Akram and myself, but OS Inspector's research in helping us decide on which way to go, to the hard work and support of our suppliers who have stuck with us!

Regardless, a special thanks goes out to Betim at BBi, the kind folks at JIC, and of course Todd at Protomotive who has done so many file updates for us that I lost count! I'll have to send him something special for Christmas. Maybe a good ole fashioned Texas Pecan Pie!

We might even have some at the Mile!
Thanks frank, for the honorable mention but its not needed cant i keep a low profile around here, is the blinker fluid full yet sir?

Old 09-21-2010, 06:18 PM
frankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
Thanks frank, for the honorable mention but its not needed cant i keep a low profile around here, is the blinker fluid full yet sir?
Not only did we fill up on blinker fluid, but we also put in a new "powerband" and we added a quart of "compression", too!

Old 09-21-2010, 06:25 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Not only did we fill up on blinker fluid, but we also put in a new "powerband" and we added a quart of "compression", too!

did you pack your muffler bearing with the upgraded synthetic extreme load grease?

or use the rare synthetic no animals harmed 710 fluid?

Old 09-21-2010, 09:29 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Come on fellas.....it's alllllll ball bearings these days.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:52 PM
frankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to all
We just got the FLUX CAPACITOR installed. Once I hit 88 mph . . . LOOK OUT!!!

Old 09-23-2010, 04:04 PM
We just got the FLUX CAPACITOR installed. Once I hit 88 mph . . . LOOK OUT!!!
88mph? what are you riding? the pit bike in the garage?

Old 09-23-2010, 05:48 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
3200lbs (without driver)+700whp=200+mph.....been proven. Best of luck and be safe!!

Old 09-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by art4iza
3200lbs (without driver)+700whp=200+mph.....been proven. Best of luck and be safe!!
art are you gonna make it out with the beast?

Old 10-29-2010, 05:30 AM
climbingcue is on a distinguished road
Car ran great at the Texas mile here are some pictures. It was great to meet you guys we had a great time.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:04 AM
There was a interesting dialog over the weekend with this car, glad all is well and the car ran good for the conditions and its funny lookin driver =)

Old 10-29-2010, 07:08 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OS Inspector
There was a interesting dialog over the weekend with this car, glad all is well and the car ran good for the conditions and its funny lookin driver =)
How did the car do speedwise?

Old 10-29-2010, 07:44 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Frank, did you hit 200? How'd she run?

Old 10-29-2010, 08:14 AM
195.7 was the fastest it went. first shake down run was 191.3 mph running down the ridge =)

awesome for first time running the car, considering how minimal time frank had to get used to the car and drive it before the event

Old 10-29-2010, 08:18 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
195.7 mph in that weather conditions is really good.Congrats Frank

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.