996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

:::Getting Ready:::

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 10:46 PM
frankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to all
:::Getting Ready:::

So, finally after several months of building, tuning, experimenting, and final test driving, we are in the final stages of completion of "frankster" for the Texas Mile. These are from today:

The Rottec Seats will be in this week, Simpson race harnesses, and yes, those are those controversial OZ HLT wheels. Yes, they are as light as anything on the market, and every test in the world has shown them to be strong enough to handle ANYTHING I could throw at them. Michelin PS2's with GT2 offset and rolled fenders.

I can't wait to run the mile!

Attached Images    
Old 09-20-2010, 10:51 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Can't want to see our seat goes into this "Frankster" !!

Old 09-20-2010, 11:04 PM
frankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to allfrankster is a name known to all
Thanks, Ray!

Can't wait to sit in race seats that actually "fit" me. The world of racing has never been kind to guys my size.

Akram has been calling my car "Frank" during the build. It was't until this past month he asked me what I had named the car. The trouble is, I hadn't!

Do you have a nickname?

Well, I have a screen name on 6speed, it's Frankster.

"That's perfect!" he said.

Oh . . . OK!

I figured it would be bad luck to go against my builder/tuner/crew chief.

So, she is called, "Frankster".

I guess I should have run a poll or something, huh?

Old 09-21-2010, 06:22 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
about time u slacker!

btw wheels look trick almost as cool as the OZ wheels on all the factory super bikes

Old 09-21-2010, 06:44 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
What are the other mods to this car?

What speed do you hope to attain?

Car looks great!

Old 09-21-2010, 06:57 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Tiny turbos, skinny intercoolers, n toothpick style charge pipes but it's got exhaust n a flash heh

I think frank is going for 199.9999999 mph in the Texas two mile race have you guys heard of it ?

Old 09-21-2010, 06:57 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
car looks great...good luck

Old 09-21-2010, 07:58 AM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Good luck at the mile Frank. Its a great event and always a ton of fun.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:30 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
So Frank is runing his super car for the T.mile,good luck man.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Good luck, Frank! The car looks awesome.

By the way; what's a "monitor"?

Old 09-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by buddyg
What are the other mods to this car?

What speed do you hope to attain?

Car looks great!
I have entered the "Unlimited Street Car" class. That's for cars (street legal) that expect to go over 190 mph. According to the dyno and some test runs, we should be good for that.

As far as "mods" go, I have to admit to a stock motor. All we have done are "bolt-on" goodies with a BUNCH of tuning from "He who makes cars go very fast". They call him, Todd.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Blockhed
car looks great...good luck

Thank you for the kind words. I have to admit, I am not a big fan of the look of these wheels, but they look better in person than in pics.

But, we needed more rubber underneath us than the stock wheels could provide.
So, between the proper sizes, the incredible prices, and OZ's reputation in superbike racing as THE wheel to have on your bike, it was hard to pass up.

Besides, I am a "function first" kinda guy. I guess that's why I have always been a Porsche guy. I agree with their philosophy of "function first, form later, but even then, a form that helps the function."

Old 09-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Thank you all for the kind words and wishes!

It goes without saying (but I have to say it, anyway) that ALL 6 SPEEDERS are welcome to come by our trailers (yes at least two, possibly three) and visit, score some snacks, sodas, bench race, etc.

I have a number of friends and family coming in town for the event just to watch me either go really fast, or blow up an expensive car!

So, stop by and visit. We look forward to meeting you, all.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:49 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by frankster
I have a number of friends and family coming in town for the event just to watch me either go really fast, or blow up an expensive car!
Was pretty similar to how I felt at my first mile. It was nice having Todd K. there just incase though. Remember to remove that rear wiper before the mile!

Old 09-21-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by bmoores
Was pretty similar to how I felt at my first mile. It was nice having Todd K. there just incase though. Remember to remove that rear wiper before the mile!
I will remember that! About the only thing I have done correctly is listen to Akram's advice during the build. My expertise lies in building race bikes, not cars. Therefore, I have deferred to his expertise, throughout.

This car has very much been a team effort, throughout. Not only Akram and myself, but OS Inspector's research in helping us decide on which way to go, to the hard work and support of our suppliers who have stuck with us!

Regardless, a special thanks goes out to Betim at BBi, the kind folks at JIC, and of course Todd at Protomotive who has done so many file updates for us that I lost count! I'll have to send him something special for Christmas. Maybe a good ole fashioned Texas Pecan Pie!

We might even have some at the Mile!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.