996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Floor mat plastic grommets are garbage!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 06:20 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Floor mat plastic grommets are garbage!

So I had this issue in my 996 C4, and again in my 996 Turbo. The plastic grommets that hold the rear of the floormats down are total garbage and pull out of the carpet/floor. Am I the only person that suffers from this? Maybe due to my 15 wide feet?

I've considered just epoxying the grommets to the carpet, but I hate doing things so permanently. What have the rest of you done? Or am I the only person facing this?

Old 12-12-2010, 12:59 PM
WhippieDaddy is on a distinguished road
Same thing happens to me....

And my feet size is a nine. So it's not the size of your feet. They're just garbage, unfortunately. My previous Audi had much better tie (or hold) downs for the mats.

I just put up with it and readjust the floor mat when I need to. I'm also interested in finding out if anyone has a decent solution.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !Slider Is a GOD !
Mine comes out too - no solution yet...

Old 12-12-2010, 01:22 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
9 &1/2 here no probs at all maybe it's how you enter and exit your car....

Old 12-12-2010, 08:06 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by steve harris
9 &1/2 here no probs at all maybe it's how you enter and exit your car....
Well since I'm 6'4 and 250 I have to kind of swing myself in.

Glad to hear from the other posts that I'm not the only one that has this issue. I constantly adjust the mat while I'm driving since it slips forward. It's the EXACT same issue I had in my 996 C4. I think I'm just going to glue the grommets to the carpet. Or maybe put some screws through the center of them to expand them into the holes along the lines of a drywall expansion screw.