996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best 3 performance upgrades 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 04:26 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
NICELY PUT!! AGREED........I am not a track racer,nor ever thought about being one......just an accleration gearhead that loves to drive a fast car,like ours,on the street and roads to know where....And maybe ,if lucky get into a drag race along the way .....lol....To each his own.....Its all good.......

Old 01-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by LiNks
If the title of the thread was 3 BEST TRACK MODS you guys would have a chance....but im sorry my friends its not.

Even if I was the Sharkwerks car who lost around the ring, I'd follow your *** out of that place and blow your doors off !!!

Lastly, for the record, what you guys consider mindless "mashing the pedal and going straight" "HP for Show" strangly enough has a proffesional sport and multi billion dollar industry based around it ...how the hell did that happen
Wait, did someone change the title to "3 Best Drag Mods"? Sorry I missed that. Since it was originally called performance mods I figured driving time would be a good thing - along with suspension. Heck the same goes for Drag racing.

It's all good. I don't knock professional drag racing - just straight line speed on public roads.

FYI the $$ that go into professional drag racing pales in comparison to road racing.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:45 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Alright ladies..back to your corners!!!

Old 01-04-2011, 05:54 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
HI,,,Excuse me....I am sorry......Did not know that flash,exhaust and short shifter are just DRAG mods.............ITS still all good......Next Round....lol......

Old 01-04-2011, 05:57 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Ding Ding!!!

Old 01-04-2011, 06:10 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
seat time is always the biggest bang for the buck in making the car go faster be it on a drag strip (reducing 60' times) or on a road course (reducing lap times). Aside from that for the car I would say some good safety equipment (seat, harness, etc...roll bar) and then a tune, exhaust, and good tires...

Old 01-04-2011, 07:29 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
I was swayed SEAT TIME DE TIME LESSONS they just arent mods is what I wanted to say

When is someone going to invent live chat forums? It would be so much more intense.

Last edited by LiNks; 01-04-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:26 PM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
If the title of the thread was 3 BEST TRACK MODS you guys would have a chance....but im sorry my friends its not.

Even if I was the Sharkwerks car who lost around the ring, I'd follow your *** out of that place and blow your doors off !!!

Lastly, for the record, what you guys consider mindless "mashing the pedal and going straight" "HP for Show" strangly enough has a proffesional sport and multi billion dollar industry based around it ...how the hell did that happen
You are right, diffrent strokes for diffrent folks. I apologize for making it sound like it's less of a sport. They are both sports in their own way that gets each individuals blood going. Yes you can blow by my doors on the hwy Just like any car modified on the road can if done right.

Originally Posted by ttboost
Alright ladies..back to your corners!!!

That's too funny

My 3 favorite mods.

1. gt2/3 front control arms/rear dog bones/ rear adj toe links
2. gt3 seats
3. Ruf springs

If power mods I have only had experiene with the following and i was very satisfied.

1. ECU flash.
2. straight pipes

Old 01-04-2011, 08:39 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
When is someone going to invent live chat forums?
They already did, it's called a telephone.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:46 PM
AND......I only thought Vette and Viper owners acted this way.......lol.....Atleast we all agree that we have the best everyday super car ever made??.....That we all enjoy them know matter what route we take,,,,,,That keeps this site interesting.....Have a good night guys

Old 01-05-2011, 08:57 AM
krpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to beholdkrpt176 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
How do you intend to use the car?

Any particular goals?
The most important question that is yet to be addressed by the OP.
Would probably clear up some of the friendly crossfire exchanged here

Old 08-23-2017, 01:40 AM
ghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to beholdghostofpain is a splendid one to behold
If you do not race or drag race with the 6TT best mod would be a tune, cause it transforms your car to a fast beast. Second best would be a good exhaust. Third would be a set of light wheels.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:38 PM
RDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to allRDS993 is a name known to all
x-pipe,tune & 4 inch intercoolers

Old 08-23-2017, 04:08 PM
Third-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond repute
What about Ti lug nuts, damm these things are fast.......

Old 08-24-2017, 05:32 AM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Ha ha I remember this thread...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best 3 performance upgrades 996tt