996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Motronic DME 7.8 (ME 7.8) - need circuit board diagram

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 11:46 AM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Motronic DME 7.8 (ME 7.8) - need circuit board diagram

Hey all and especially experienced tuners.

I need to find a circuit board diagram for the 996TT ME7.8 DME/ECU. This means, the actual diagram that shows the layout of the circuit board, with the accurate chip locations on the board and then the name designation of each leg of the chip(s) on the board.

Do any of you tuners out there have it in your catalogues, or is there a place I can find it?

Thanks!

Old 03-25-2011, 02:23 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Does this help? It's for a 996.

996 wiring

Last edited by bbywu; 03-25-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:33 PM
MrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond reputeMrWhite has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bbywu
Does this help? It's for a 996.

996 wiring
Close! It has the wiring and pinout from the gen 5.2 DME - similar to another thread here with ME7.8 pinout information/diagrams, but I couldn't find how the inside of the DME is done (ie the actual circuit board and chips inside).

Usually tuners get these documents in a catalogue together with their flash tools - for cars that don't want to get flashed via OBDII. It's usually a picture of the circuit board (face and back side) and then a diagram showing what the tiny legs on the chips are - so the tuner can flash directly to the chip. I need a copy of that diagram for 996TT ME7.8.

Last edited by MrWhite; 03-25-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:39 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Maybe one of the tuners here can help?