996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Gallardo wholesale auction results.......free fall warning...

Old 03-28-2005, 05:50 PM
MJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud of
I dislike the audi dash etc in the Gallardo just as much as I dislike Boxster parts in a Turbo....car makers call it "efficiency" but it really does junk up the high end cars...they should be unique.

Old 03-28-2005, 06:00 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is on a distinguished road
These threads are all the same....

Someone posts something about Lambo..

Alan defends Lambo.. and bashes the CGT

Old 03-28-2005, 06:21 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
First the reason TT values are so poor is that the 997 is out. Two years ago it was a whole different story. The Gallardo has been out for one year, how on earth can you compare that to the 996 TT whose basic body has been out in America since 1998/1999 especially when the new 997 is out?

As for the audi parts, how can anyone complain about the quality of the audi interior parts like the radio compared to the parts in a Murci? I think the interior in the Gallardo is much nicer than the Murci's. In fast almost everyone I have talked to about the two think the interior in the Gallardo is better than its Big Brother's.

Old 03-28-2005, 07:09 PM
3.6TT/2 = 1.8T
Kraftwerk will become famous soon enoughKraftwerk will become famous soon enough
Why do the majority of people say that Audi has better interiors then both BMW and Mercedes then turn around and bash it when it comes to this. I mean I know its a $150k+ car with a sub-$100k manufacturer interior but as far as interiors go Audi does it right. I would personally rather have less unique but functional than exotic but frail. Just my 2 cents everyone, I'm pissed about Kentucky losing tonight, what the hell was that!

Old 03-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally posted by allanlambo
You are talking about quality parts in side of a car, not Mopar crap. If Audi quality was like Chrysler quality, then yes, id be pissed.
Yes but Benz & chrystler are streamling and using the same parts on both car lines.... but I dont think they would dare to put parts from a $30k chryster on a AMG sl 600 or similar.... but lambo has done it.
I just think that not right... especially being an ex owner of a 99 roadster....
If the Gellardo was $120K instead of $170k... then mabey- but cheap A4 audi parts on a $180K car - Im sorry but thats REALLY CHEAP.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-28-2005, 07:26 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by MARKSKI
Yes but Benz & chrystler are streamling and using the same parts on both car lines.... but I dont think they would dare to put parts from a $30k chryster on a AMG sl 600 or similar.... but lambo has done it.
I just think that not right... especially being an ex owner of a 99 roadster....
If the Gellardo was $120K instead of $170k... then mabey- but cheap A4 audi parts on a $180K car - Im sorry but thats REALLY CHEAP.
Yeah but the parts look better and are superior to the Murci parts which are all Lambo parts (in my opinion).

Old 03-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally posted by ttgangsta
Yeah but the parts look better and are superior to the Murci parts which are all Lambo parts (in my opinion).
I agree... I just think its cheap to put low end audi car parts on a $180k car... thats all. i'm not saying they better or worse.
My friend has a Gellardo and my other friend works at a exotic car dealer. when the owner of the Gellardo found out that those dashboard parts are from A4- he was very angry(spending $185k with tax).

click to view

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 03-28-2005 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:19 PM
Banned
allanlambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Personally, as long as it looks good, i could careless.

Old 03-28-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by allanlambo
Personally, as long as it looks good, i could careless.
I agree man. It's not like exotic cars are known for their amazing interiors. In fact I would 9+ out of 10 people would agree that they would perfer the Gallardo's interior over the Murci's. If you are so offended by having an audi interior in your car you need a reality check, especially when its nicer than the other options.

Old 03-28-2005, 08:23 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is on a distinguished road
I prefer to have a stock G than TT with 40k upgrade. More chicks prefer the G so you know whats on my mind...

Old 03-28-2005, 08:38 PM
Get used to it !
Alexandru is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by DEETZ
I prefer to have a stock G than TT with 40k upgrade. More chicks prefer the G so you know whats on my mind...

Lambos are for ballers !

Old 03-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
its not about the chicks..... Ive had two of them down my pants at once in my diablo roadster( on the highway)... so what. I grew up. I appreciate well built cars in a whole different way(ever since I went thru the car craze a few yeras ago- lambo, ferarri, aston, H1, 2 lotus', etc.)
... and they break down like crazy.... I got lucky for one year.. but my business partner was not. Ah soon as his warrenty ran out.... he got stuck twice on a dinner date( did not fire up)... head gasket leaks.. 2 times... speedometer stopped working, the clutch went out at 2500 miles... u guys get the picture. Now I cant say they all do- cause mine was only plauged by a faulty suspension sensor( the shock was leaking...) and also the water would come into the **** pit on a rainy day... it was a roadster with as removable top.
just my opinion.

click to view

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 03-28-2005 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Agreed. I love the lambos. If I could afford to own one or convince a family member to buy me one I would. I think the Lambo is a work of art. It's so much more rare than ferrari and just as good in every way if not better. I think when it comes down to just quality and performance per dollar Porsche is un-beatable (yes I am biased).

Old 03-28-2005, 10:59 PM
Banned
StephenTi is on a distinguished road
I dunno guys... having driven both, I'd take a Gallardo over a Turbo. Great handling, nice V10 power, and far more exotic presence than the Turbo. Not as mode-able, sure...

And while there may be be Audi parts in a Gallardo, think of this... 996 interiors are pretty tame, and Audi designs some of the best interiors in the industry... so, maybe it's not a terrible thing.

Old 03-28-2005, 11:17 PM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
The Gallardo is in principle the ultimate concept (Italian design with German reliability) but in reality a work in progress. The performance just isn't there. It's made out of Aluminum but weighs more that a 360 or GT3. It's got 500hp and sequential gearbox but slower in quartermile times. It can't beat anyting in it's class on the track and it can't be modded. It looks better than any Porsche (probably the only reason it sells at all) but not nearly as good looking as a Diablo and Murcielago IMO. Still a bargain compared to a Ford GT even comparing at MSRP.

Give Gallardo a Diablo tail (with a real wing) bump up power to 600hp, ditch the AWD BS and it would be the hottest thing in the market.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gallardo wholesale auction results.......free fall warning...