996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Gallardo wholesale auction results.......free fall warning...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 12:32 AM
Banned
StephenTi is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by quartermile
It's got 500hp and sequential gearbox but slower in quartermile times. It can't beat anyting in it's class on the track...
A Gallardo E-Gear lapped the Ring in 7:52... seems to hold it's own pretty well...

Old 03-29-2005, 12:33 AM
Banned
allanlambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
The Gallardo is in principle the ultimate concept (Italian design with German reliability) but in reality a work in progress. The performance just isn't there. It's made out of Aluminum but weighs more that a 360 or GT3. It's got 500hp and sequential gearbox but slower in quartermile times. It can't beat anyting in it's class on the track and it can't be modded. It looks better than any Porsche (probably the only reason it sells at all) but not nearly as good looking as a Diablo and Murcielago IMO. Still a bargain compared to a Ford GT even comparing at MSRP.

Give Gallardo a Diablo tail (with a real wing) bump up power to 600hp, ditch the AWD BS and it would be the hottest thing in the market.

It cant beat anything in its class? Like what? A 360? Destroys it. 360CS..destroys it. Gt3? Dpends which magazine you read, and in acceleration the Gallardo is faster.

It cant be modded? There is a guy doing a Twin Turbo conversion as we speak.

Old 03-29-2005, 12:43 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
Ive owned both...
Agree that TT is more fun cause you can easily add 150HP...
Out of the box, the suspension on the G is soooo much better...

Besides, Porsche overproduced the 996TT way too much that there is one on every block...When I pay over 100K for a car I require some uniqueness (my last TT was 160K!!)

Even in Dubai, which is full of MAJOR ballers, you see 360s and even 430s nowadays all too ften...Lambos are much rarer and turn head and make people smile

I always see camphones snapping up my car and people chasing me with video cams LOL

The Gallardo is far from a mistake (other than maybe the interior)

Old 03-29-2005, 01:03 AM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by allanlambo

It cant beat anything in its class? Like what? A 360? Destroys it. 360CS..destroys it. Gt3? Dpends which magazine you read, and in acceleration the Gallardo is faster.

It cant be modded? There is a guy doing a Twin Turbo conversion as we speak.
Common Allen, the Gallardo does not DESTROY anything in its class. My point is with 500hp, and all the advanced technology it should but it doesn't! It runs about even with a CS or stock GT3 at nearly 2x the cost. The 360 is like a museum piece by now. The Gallardo also doesn't look all that great compared to Murci or Diablo. That's why the bottom is dropping on its value.

BTW I am not bashing Lambos, I think they are great.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:17 AM
Banned
allanlambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quartermile, i know you arent bashing Lambos, but fact remains, the Gallardo is SUBSTANTIALLY quicker than a 360CS in acceleration, it is faster than the Gt3, inmo, it looks much better than both. On the ring, and Hockenheim, it posted much better numbers than the 360Cs. I know the Gt3 RS was quicker, but i dont know the differences between the RS and regular Gt3. Regardless inmo, in that catagory of cars, if i need something more daily driveable, but yet exciting, the Gallardo gets my vote. But for purposes, id rather have a Murcielago.

Old 03-29-2005, 04:57 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Lambo, just like Bentley and A-M decided they needed a "lower" price car to compete. They decided on that number and then built a car to suit with plenty of profit built in. It cracks me up when I read articles comparing the new AM V8 to a Porsche, since the AM will cost twice what the Porsche does. The Gallardo went flat quick because it's not real Lambo excitement. Polarizing looks, decent performance but not for the money and no matter how hard they try, cheaper Lambo's will never have the pedigree of a Ferrari. Maybe if they go out and win some races or something. Give me the sumptous curves of a 360 or 430 over the Robo-cop looks of the Gallardo any day. Lambo's are supposed to be about wild and super-exotic and the Gallardo just isn't. And yes, the Carrera GT was a mistake from a business perspective. A great car but too many and too much.

Old 03-29-2005, 06:34 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by msindi
Ive owned both...

Besides, Porsche overproduced the 996TT way too much that there is one on every block...When I pay over 100K for a car I require some uniqueness (my last TT was 160K!!)

Even in Dubai, which is full of MAJOR ballers, you see 360s and even 430s nowadays all too ften...Lambos are much rarer and turn head and make people smile

I always see camphones snapping up my car and people chasing me with video cams LOL
You obviously buy cars for different reasons than I. I could give two ****s who looks at me or who else is driving the same car..

If it brings driving enjoyment and a smile to MY FACE.. then who cares about the rest.... I would rather not have every AHole googling over my car anyway.

Old 03-29-2005, 07:34 AM
Yes but look at what overproduction does to reslae....Someone just posted auction resulkts - an 03 with low miles (5K) selling for less than a new 997S is quite sad

Old 03-29-2005, 07:35 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally posted by DEETZ
I prefer to have a stock G than TT with 40k upgrade. More chicks prefer the G so you know whats on my mind...
Well,

We each have our priorities, I am married with 4 kids so it is not about the chicks for me!

Old 03-29-2005, 07:35 AM
Dont get me wrong...I loved my TT and already have an order for a 997TT - Porsches are great but they are in no way as 'exotic' as Lambos...A fact of life

Old 03-29-2005, 07:38 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by msindi
Yes but look at what overproduction does to reslae....Someone just posted auction resulkts - an 03 with low miles (5K) selling for less than a new 997S is quite sad
Cars are not investments... Buy an F car, thats the closest if that is what you want.

Look at the depreciation on a 1st model year Gallardo. Wait to see what these bring after the 5th model year is released, that would be a fair comparison....

Get ready to bend over and have a tube of KY ready...

Old 03-29-2005, 12:16 PM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
the Gallardo is SUBSTANTIALLY quicker than a 360CS in acceleration, it is faster than the Gt3, inmo, it looks much better than both. On the ring, and Hockenheim, it posted much better numbers than the 360Cs. I know the Gt3 RS was quicker, but i dont know the differences between the RS and regular Gt3. [/B]
One problem with US 360 CS is that it doesn't actually weigh 2800lbs like Ferrari claims ... try 3050!! So for sure the Gallardo will accelerate SUBSTANTIALLY quicker if it really weighs 3150, but all the numbers suggest otherwise. My guess is it is closer to 3400lbs. You can have a GT3 that weighs 700lbs less .. ala GT3 RS.

Old 03-29-2005, 12:20 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
One problem with US 360 CS is that it doesn't actually weigh 2800lbs like Ferrari claims ... try 3050!! So for sure the Gallardo will accelerate SUBSTANTIALLY quicker if it really weighs 3150, but all the numbers suggest otherwise. My guess is it is closer to 3400lbs. You can have a GT3 that weighs 700lbs less .. ala GT3 RS.
2800 lbs is for the euro model cloth interior model with the plastic side windows. as well, the US model has different exhaust which are likely heavier. a euro cloth interior model w/out stereo but with the plastic windows, is indeed 2800.

Old 03-29-2005, 12:24 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by buddyg
Well,

We each have our priorities, I am married with 4 kids so it is not about the chicks for me!

I am single with no kids and 20 years old, YOU KNOW WHY!

Old 03-29-2005, 12:42 PM
pdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to beholdpdutta2000 is a splendid one to behold
Is Motorweek smoking crack? I saw an episode from a few weeks ago and they tested an e-gear Gallardo and got a 0-60 time of only 5.1 secs. I thought it was crap but they made a point of mentioning it over and over again. They said the car rockets after that...but that time seems way to slow for that much power.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gallardo wholesale auction results.......free fall warning...