996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Just got a new toy. Wanted to share...

Old 04-16-2011, 08:24 PM
legendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud oflegendr34 has much to be proud of
very nice! who makes that awesome wing?

Old 04-16-2011, 08:37 PM
03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future03 996tt has a brilliant future
Nice Car!

Let me know if you want to part with those wheels

Scott

Old 04-16-2011, 09:05 PM
ray2327 will become famous soon enoughray2327 will become famous soon enough
Hey PowderJay, Im definitely interested in checking out some pics of that engine cover. Send some pics over to rayp2327@hotmail.com. I don't have enough posts to PM you so I can only communicate this way for now.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by 03 996tt
Nice Car!

Let me know if you want to part with those wheels

Scott
Still debating on the wheel situation but if they go up for sale you'll be the first to know!

Old 04-16-2011, 09:51 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
Very sweeeeeet.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:06 PM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Aerodude
Beautiful car! Is the roll bar sitting pretty far back behind the front seats? I had a roll bar in a Miata that I use to own and track. To help with street use, I installed some high quality padding around any part of the roll bar that was close to the driver/passenger seats (which, for the Miata, was pretty much most of the bar).
Here is a shot of mine. You can see it is pretty far back from the driver's seat. I think the front seats would have to break loose in a crash to even come close to hitting the bar. If that happens, there are greater concerns at that point.

Attached Images  
Old 04-17-2011, 01:09 AM
doscazadores is on a distinguished road
My honest opinion? I think you are beyond crazy.

To have waited 9 years before buying it.
Congratulations. Post up when the smile on your face goes away.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by doscazadores
My honest opinion? I think you are beyond crazy.

To have waited 9 years before buying it.
Congratulations. Post up when the smile on your face goes away.
Car seems to be holding up just fine for now. Yes, I have had a few things that have just stopped working like my headlight switch and a few check engine lights that have popped up for some stupid stuff but other than that the car is running like a champ.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by shtfrbrains
Here is a shot of mine. You can see it is pretty far back from the driver's seat. I think the front seats would have to break loose in a crash to even come close to hitting the bar. If that happens, there are greater concerns at that point.

This is the only picture I had of the roll bar inside the car. Poor quality because I took it with my phone but it gets the job done Yellow thing on the passanger corner is a micro-fiber cloth I used on the corners so it wouldn't scratch anything on the car. It did kill alot of leg room but Im not a huge guy so it works fine for me.

Last edited by ray2327; 04-17-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:11 AM
shtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud ofshtfrbrains has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ray2327

This is the only picture I had of the roll bar inside the car. Poor quality because I took it with my phone but it gets the job done Yellow thing on the passanger corner is a micro-fiber cloth I used on the corners so it wouldn't scratch anything on the car. It did kill alot of leg room but Im not a huge guy so it works fine for me.
Is that welded in, or bolted in?

Old 04-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Bolted in. It is the Tequipment one

Old 04-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Aerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant futureAerodude has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ray2327

Looks very nice. Since you mentioned it killed the leg room -- does that mean your seats are right up against the roll bar? In the seated position, how close is your head to the top or side bars? Can you contact them if you move your head back or to the side? Those are the two areas where I had to add padding in the Miata installation. Otherwise, a rear end or side collision on the street could be a lot worse since one wouldn't typically be wearing a helmet.

Last edited by Aerodude; 04-17-2011 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:12 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Your head in 9/10 cases would have to decapitated to hit the roll bar if the seat held together. Porsche put these cages in cars from the factory granted they used fixed back seats at the same time.

If this was a full cage with front crash protection I could see the issues were talking about but with a back half cage they are plausible

Old 04-18-2011, 01:00 AM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Our CF front lip and intake inserts looks great on your TT!!

Old 04-19-2011, 10:58 AM
DMAN11 is on a distinguished road
Very nice car...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just got a new toy. Wanted to share...