996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New DD needed- let's hear those suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 08:35 AM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
New DD needed- let's hear those suggestions

Out here in California I was fortunate to purchase a Prius while HOV stickers were available. These allowed me to zip around town in the fast lane while others were clogged in bump-bump traffic. Those stickers just expired and no longer avail so now I'm done with the car.

I have been using the TT daily for the past month and love it for that as well, but would need to haul around severalmpeople from time to time, plus inhale a 3yr and newborn at home son could use a backup kid hauler just in case.

So far I'm thinking <$40k, 4-door, >15mpg, warranty+, new style auto trans+, performance, style, something to be proud driving.

Liking the 335, 535, 550, E55, E63, A6/7, S4, Or I could go something older without warranty but cheaper.

Let's here those suggestions-

Old 07-31-2011, 08:37 AM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
a3 tdi. That would be my first choice if I had that budget for a daily as I love the sporty wagons.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:40 AM
996twin_sc is on a distinguished road
RS4......but i'm biased.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:23 AM
sanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud ofsanchezdds has much to be proud of
I like BMW's 535

Old 07-31-2011, 09:46 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
I have had everything on your list as a DD (cept for the E63 A7).

I perfer having something very different from my toys for a DD.

Get the A6 or 535, with extra points for a wagon. They are great for 2+ kids. I would also look at a Q7 diesel or a X5 diesel.

The 335/A4s4 are all too small for kids plus there stuff.

Tom

Old 07-31-2011, 12:32 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Good reminder on 335/S4 size. Yes I recall how tight it was in the back of my old B5-S4.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:00 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
I agree with the A6 or 535. You can add a bit of hp and still have the efficiency. If you need a hot rod go E63. All great cars. Good luck

Old 07-31-2011, 01:26 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Lexus IS-F if you can find one under $40 - not sure if they are that low yet... Infiniti G37.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:18 PM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
BMW 335d with the M sport package! Nice automatic, lots of torque and good fuel economy.

Last edited by Carbon; 07-31-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:26 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Etchhead
Out here in California I was fortunate to purchase a Prius while HOV stickers were available. These allowed me to zip around town in the fast lane while others were clogged in bump-bump traffic. Those stickers just expired and no longer avail so now I'm done with the car.

I have been using the TT daily for the past month and love it for that as well, but would need to haul around severalmpeople from time to time, plus inhale a 3yr and newborn at home son could use a backup kid hauler just in case.

So far I'm thinking <$40k, 4-door, >15mpg, warranty+, new style auto trans+, performance, style, something to be proud driving.

Liking the 335, 535, 550, E55, E63, A6/7, S4, Or I could go something older without warranty but cheaper.

Let's here those suggestions-

I really enjoy my Porsche Cayenne Turbo as my DD, sporty, average 16-17 with my foot into it all the time, sporty, blast to drive, bought it with 28k now 100k and going strong

Old 07-31-2011, 03:03 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Carbon
BMW 335d with the M sport package! Nice automatic, lots of torque and good fuel economy.

BMW 335d. I picked up a M3 to DD instead and its terrible on mpg, wish I had got a 335d at the time.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:11 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough

Old 07-31-2011, 04:57 PM
tscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to beholdtscales is a splendid one to behold
E55/E63 Wagon. Perfect all around vehicle. We have the E55 wagon. With two more kids coming in February, we'll out grow it (5 kids under 6), but we'll keep it. Forever.

12 second quarter miles.
7 passenger.
Luxury.

What more could you ask?

Old 07-31-2011, 06:43 PM
targa72e is on a distinguished road
I have two kids 8 and 11. Previous DD was Audi S4 current is 335i coupe 6 speed. I like the 335 better than the Audi (more sporty). Kids fit fine in back (just as much room as wifes Subaru wagon) and Golf clubs plus other stuff fit fine in trunk (I have carried skis, Bikes, 4 wheels and tires etc). You can get a CPO for well under 40K or a used IS with 7 speed dual clutch auto for just over 40K.

john

Old 07-31-2011, 07:15 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
How about a 08 black, f250 diesel, quad cab, long bed. Perfect for hauling those little ones around and and for a few extra bucks you could pick up trailer to cart the TT around to events with super sticky tires!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New DD needed- let's hear those suggestions