996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

ksport coilovers

Old 08-22-2011, 06:58 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TSS
No personal experience. I listen to customer feedback closely as we want to make sure every customer is happy with their purchase from us. Customers who have switched over tell me that there is a night and day difference in ride quality,over design and cosmetics.
I can respect that. It just aggrevates me that I have heard countless people talk of people they know who had them and hated them. The recent updated versions have not been thoroghly reviewed here by an objective source. Mike at Acute has been very helpful with trying to answer any questions on these, but it always difficult to just trust a vendors reviews. I am not doubting Mike's integrity or honesty, but a satisfied un-biased customer with extensive use of the product makes it easier to decide. Unfortunately that is tough to find. I am probably going to just try them.

FWIW it doesn't take a genius to tell you a $2500 suspension is probably better than a $1000 suspension. And a $6000 suspension is even better. But the real question is are you getting $1000 worth of suspension with the Ksports?

Old 08-23-2011, 01:47 AM
Sterlingc1975 will become famous soon enoughSterlingc1975 will become famous soon enough
We have installed couple sets on customers cars that have brought them in and nothing but headaches.. Yes they were installed properly.. They all have come back and switched out to different components. Not saying they are bad just our experiences with them..

Old 08-23-2011, 07:01 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
What kind of headaches? Ride quality, blown shocks, adjustment issues or poor handling? Or did they just not do what they wanted them to do? I am interested in hearing the dirt. Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:05 AM
Another question I have about these is the springs. Are they linear or progressive rate springs? I had some konis coilovers with linear rate springs and they we pretty harsh regardless of dampener settings.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:42 AM
tattoo996 has a spectacular aura abouttattoo996 has a spectacular aura abouttattoo996 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs down

ughhh

i bought a set of " cheaper" coilovers for my bmw and paid the dear price of damage to the actual car and had to pay for stiffer shocks

when it was all said and done after the terrible experience i paid 3x trimes as much as the bilsteins, not to mention i blew all 4 perreli p zero tires i had because shop lowered it too much and it changed the offset, even bilsteins lowered all the way wouldnt of have done that

WHAT AN AGGRIVATING NIGHTMARE !

Just the downtime from the coilover failures was enough to aggirvate me to hell, that was about 3 occasions

never buy " cheaper " suspension mods !!!!!!!!!

Old 08-23-2011, 08:00 AM
Banned
mmm635 will become famous soon enoughmmm635 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Sterlingc1975
We have installed couple sets on customers cars that have brought them in and nothing but headaches.. Yes they were installed properly.. They all have come back and switched out to different components. Not saying they are bad just our experiences with them..
I would like to hear about the "headaches' in detail since you did the install. I would imagine the problems would be very evident if it called for you to exchange them out.

Last edited by mmm635; 08-23-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by tattoo996
ughhh

i bought a set of " cheaper" coilovers for my bmw and paid the dear price of damage to the actual car and had to pay for stiffer shocks

when it was all said and done after the terrible experience i paid 3x trimes as much as the bilsteins, not to mention i blew all 4 perreli p zero tires i had because shop lowered it too much and it changed the offset, even bilsteins lowered all the way wouldnt of have done that

WHAT AN AGGRIVATING NIGHTMARE !

Just the downtime from the coilover failures was enough to aggirvate me to hell, that was about 3 occasions

never buy " cheaper " suspension mods !!!!!!!!!
I cannot tell you how many suspensions I have looked at/worked on that have been improperly installed by shops/DIY'ers. The results ended up being the same as you describe, but with Koni's, Bilstein's, and their respective coilovers - it is not just a case of being "cheaper." If you don't work on your car, then how do you know it was installed properly by your shop? Chances are, they are going to blame it on the product instead of their workmanship. I don't think it is fair to generalize when there are so many variables involved, especially human error.

Last edited by mmm635; 08-23-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:10 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by VAGscum
Another question I have about these is the springs. Are they linear or progressive rate springs? I had some konis coilovers with linear rate springs and they we pretty harsh regardless of dampener settings.
They are linear.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Also, were these done in the past 2 years or longer?

Old 08-23-2011, 02:05 PM
tattoo996 has a spectacular aura abouttattoo996 has a spectacular aura abouttattoo996 has a spectacular aura about
and this was a BIG TIME SPONSOR that installed them ! not mentioning anyones shop as i moved on from that car scene

Old 08-23-2011, 05:03 PM
buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !buzzm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tattoo996
and this was a BIG TIME SPONSOR that installed them ! not mentioning anyones shop as i moved on from that car scene
just because someone sponsors a car forum doesnt mean they always do perfect installations, you also dont say what brand you bought so it could be they were cheap crappy coilovers, i'm assuming they were not the ones we are discussing or you would have said so

i had pss9's installed and had issues with them, they were making twanging noises when turning at slow speeds, i thought it might be that maybe they were just crappy quality or defective but after researching i found the problem was that the installer neglected to re-install the thrust washers, it was only discovered cos i was fed up with being told its normal that i went to a different shop and he confirmed my suspicions.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:51 PM
The Boxster guys are using these things alot and seem to like them for autocross. Here is a link and it explains the early shock issues:
http://986forum.com/forums/showthrea...ghlight=ksport

Old 08-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Bump for other customer reviews.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:10 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
Any more out there that have info on these.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Banned

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ksport coilovers