996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

RS Motor Mounts DIY w/ Pics and Part Nos.

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:47 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scottslaw
WOW! I just checked my gold washers and there indeed appears to be a bit of deflection (not a lot, but definitely there). I'm going to order new gold washers and install my silver washers. Thanks so much for the update!
You're welcome. As a referrence, my washers distorted like this after about 5k miles, half of those at the track. I didn't feel right about leaving the thick washers out in the first place and now I know why...

Old 05-18-2013, 07:37 AM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
How does this motor mount differ from the RSS motor mounts, being I do not care for much more vibration or noise above and beyond my 3" exhaust and LWFW?

Is there a cost difference as well between the RSS and this motor mount?

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 05-18-2013, 08:06 AM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
I do not care for much more vibration or noise above and beyond my 3" exhaust and LWFW?
i would think the NVH characteristics of any motor mounts other than stock would match the lwfw chatter nicely i just recently installed the semi solids and the improvement is very noticeable, but NOT without increased noise/vibration. it is transmitted right into the back of your spine, and increases proportionately to engine rpm. i dig it.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:21 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by '02996ttx50
i would think the NVH characteristics of any motor mounts other than stock would match the lwfw chatter nicely i just recently installed the semi solids and the improvement is very noticeable, but NOT without increased noise/vibration. it is transmitted right into the back of your spine, and increases proportionately to engine rpm. i dig it.
i found it interesting in that i replaced the oem mounts with a set of torque solutions semi solids from usp motorsports. i was expecting a vibration increase like everybody talks about and what i found was NO difference from oem unless i lay my hand on the shifter. thats were i feel it. but aside from that its a great mod with no downsides i can see. i actually needed them to gain some needed clearance for my larger i/c tubing and boost hoses.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:32 AM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
perhaps i should've gone w the torque solutions. i only like the increases in NVH because i know my car's performance is improved. N&V for the sake of N&V isn't necessarily my thing. interesting you don't feel/hear it! mine is very noticeable. but this is my canyon car. if it were a dd. no could do.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:35 PM
dubyaTT is a glorious beacon of lightdubyaTT is a glorious beacon of lightdubyaTT is a glorious beacon of lightdubyaTT is a glorious beacon of lightdubyaTT is a glorious beacon of light
Great DIY.

Thank you for the follow up pwdrhound.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:15 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
How does this motor mount differ from the RSS motor mounts, being I do not care for much more vibration or noise above and beyond my 3" exhaust and LWFW?

Is there a cost difference as well between the RSS and this motor mount?

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba
I am not familiar with the RSS mount. The Porsche RS engine mounts will very slightly increase the vibration felt in the cabin at idle. At anything above idle, the mounts will add ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, more vibration or noise compared to stock. I love them. The will give you a feeling of a much more solid feeling car, hard to explain...

Old 05-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Dr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
I am not familiar with the RSS mount. The Porsche RS engine mounts will very slightly increase the vibration felt in the cabin at idle. At anything above idle, the mounts will add ZERO, ZILCH, NADA, more vibration or noise compared to stock. I love them. The will give you a feeling of a much more solid feeling car, hard to explain...
Sounds exactly like the RSS mounts. I only noticed a slight increase in vibration and noise at idle (and even then it's hardly intrusive). Anything above idle there is no difference in NVH with the RSS mounts. I love them, great upgrade.

Old 05-20-2013, 10:09 AM
winnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond reputewinnigt2 has a reputation beyond repute
attachment should be the porsche technical info about rs motormount

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
964rs motorlagerung.pdf (32.2 KB, 579 views)
Old 05-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Nice pics pwdrhound!

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 05-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by pwdrhound

So with all the parts needed for the 964 RS mounts how much is it?

I know the RSS mounts are $350 and are top notch quality.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:12 PM
So with all the parts needed for the 964 RS mounts how much is it?

I know the RSS mounts are $350 and are top notch quality.
There ya go:

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...de=performance

Old 01-08-2015, 06:29 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Just want to confirm this DIY is relevant to my 997.1TT

I noticed op has a 996

Old 09-29-2016, 08:00 PM
Bahnburner is just really niceBahnburner is just really niceBahnburner is just really niceBahnburner is just really niceBahnburner is just really nice
Great posts deserve a bump.

Helped me quite a bit.
Thanks Scott!

Old 10-19-2016, 10:52 PM
benw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant futurebenw has a brilliant future
just got done doing this, very easy! good write-up. Wanted to add that the small silver washers are on a 3-4 week backorder from Porsche, very frustrating. I ordered everything except those, and picked up some grade 8 washers from Ace that are very nearly identical, by going off the pics in this thread.

The car shifts better, and definitely is more solid feeling when you take corners. No additional engine noise at idle or any other time, and I have a 964 RS flywheel and upgraded clutch.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: RS Motor Mounts DIY w/ Pics and Part Nos.