996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Painting Sport Seats?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 08:35 PM
JayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really nice
Painting Sport Seats?

I'm looking for sport seats with arctic silver painted backs. Can't seem to find any so has anyone painter their own sport seats before? What are my options?

Old 08-04-2012, 08:54 PM
TXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud of
I've seen some threads on Renntech/rennlist before that show how to go about doing it yourself. Not sure if there are any on this site.

I want to do the same thing, it didn't look too terribly complicated, but you do have to dismantle the seats.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:58 PM
JayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really nice
Oh I would never attempt to do it personally myself, I have the artistic talent of an infant. How much do you think a body shop would spray them for?

Originally Posted by TXTurbo996
I've seen some threads on Renntech/rennlist before that show how to go about doing it yourself. Not sure if there are any on this site.

I want to do the same thing, it didn't look too terribly complicated, but you do have to dismantle the seats.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:46 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JayAndreTT
I'm looking for sport seats with arctic silver painted backs. Can't seem to find any so has anyone painter their own sport seats before? What are my options?
I have also been looking for a pair in Arctic Silver! Not many come up!

Old 08-05-2012, 09:40 AM
TXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud of
Oh I'm not talking about painting it yourself. You could probably get a shop to do it for $400 or so, it's not that much paint. It's just the labor of taking apart the seats that you'd have to do, and reinstall, as I doubt a paint shop is going to do that for you.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:24 PM
powderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to behold
Had mine done.. twice.. once by the layman, and once by the pro's. pro's did a much better job matching color cost was around 600 including labor.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by powderjay
Had mine done.. twice.. once by the layman, and once by the pro's. pro's did a much better job matching color cost was around 600 including labor.
It seems that the back of the sport seats are hard plastic though, I don't even see how painting them could look even close to the factory painted sport seats. Could you post some pics of yours?

Old 08-06-2012, 09:38 PM
SnohomishX-50 is just really niceSnohomishX-50 is just really niceSnohomishX-50 is just really niceSnohomishX-50 is just really niceSnohomishX-50 is just really nice
Originally Posted by JayAndreTT
It seems that the back of the sport seats are hard plastic though, I don't even see how painting them could look even close to the factory painted sport seats. Could you post some pics of yours?
Not sure exactly what you are referring to in terms of "finish". They are hard plastic but are not a problem to match to factory finishes if you or your painter/shop know the paint codes etc.

I painted the backs of these 993 sport seats black for a friend of mine. The 2nd pic is the reflection of my car off the back of the seat-back.

Attached Images   
Old 08-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by SnohomishX-50
Not sure exactly what you are referring to in terms of "finish". They are hard plastic but are not a problem to match to factory finishes if you or your painter/shop know the paint codes etc.

I painted the backs of these 993 sport seats black for a friend of mine. The 2nd pic is the reflection of my car off the back of the seat-back.
Damn that's nice!

Old 08-06-2012, 10:36 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Im on my phone or id post a link but there is a wrecked Arctic Silver 996 GT2 on ebay and the pics show the seats having silver painted backs. Maybe someone "save as" the pics and post em'?

Old 08-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Im on my phone or id post a link but there is a wrecked Arctic Silver 996 GT2 on ebay and the pics show the seats having silver painted backs. Maybe someone "save as" the pics and post em'?
Man i'd really appreciate it if you could post the link when you hop on a computer, thanks in advance

Old 08-06-2012, 11:15 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Does this work? I wont be near a computer till late tomo.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=33229508954

Old 08-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Does this work? I wont be near a computer till late tomo.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=33229508954
Perfect, thanks!

Old 08-07-2012, 12:19 AM
KremerOtha is on a distinguished road
I doubt a paint shop is going to do that for you

Old 08-07-2012, 01:22 AM
ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !
Eric at BumperPlugs quoted me $300 per seat, plus shipping.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Painting Sport Seats?