996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

P0701 Pd code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 10:08 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
P0701 Pd code. Tiptonic problem

On the way home from autocross on Sunday just motoring along on the highway the tip transmission acted up. When i shifted from third to forth it started slipping on the third time from third to forth .... No forth , like it was in neutral, shifted to fifth, no fifth like in neutral ... At this time there are no lights on the gear position indicators . It would not engage in any gear and I cost to the side of the road. After I stoped I shifted into park than back into first gear and it engaged . This time forth gear was not there like it was neutral and made it info fifth and it engaged. I made it home. On the way up the driveway it stayed in third and I parked it. I checked codes and p0701 Pd was there. Anyone have anything similar or thoughts.

Last edited by pat; 07-31-2012 at 05:07 PM. Reason: More info
Old 07-31-2012, 05:10 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
Bump

Old 07-31-2012, 09:23 PM
pat
http://www.permoveo.ltd.uk/tabid/122...e/Default.aspx

Maby it's not too bad. Looks like it's more likely an electrical problem.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:05 PM
pat
I physically checked out the tcm. All seamed fine. Everything was tight. I disconnected all and reconnected.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:00 PM
pat
Has anyone ever had a tcm go out.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !Tim941NYC Is a GOD !
looks like your on your on. I do not mess with tips. So I dont have any input for you.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:22 PM
pat
Thanks for at least a shout, it's been me myself and I on this one.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:24 PM
TimAZ has a spectacular aura aboutTimAZ has a spectacular aura aboutTimAZ has a spectacular aura about
I'm sorry I don't know TIPS, but problems with automatics is dirty filters / fluids. Just a guess. Good Luck.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:08 PM
pat
I will keep posting on this as it gets figured.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:16 PM
pat
does anybody know if there are any codes that can not be cleared by disconnecting the battery..

Old 08-17-2012, 01:05 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
P0701 is not enough of a code , you also need the number ie 15, 49 ,51 etc . To read out codes fully and reset them you will need a PST2 or durametric to reset the Tip Codes

From the workshop manual. Hope its all copied correctly .

P0701
15 Excessive speed n2 or n3
A check is carried out to ascertain whether the n2 sensor signal or
the n3 sensor signal exceed a limit value. The aim of the fault detection
is to detect a hydraulic or mechanical malfunction of the transmission.
The frictional connection is interrupted by the Tiptronic control module!
Diagnosis conditions

Ignition on

n2 > 7000 rpm or n3 > 7000 rpm

Possible fault cause

Mechanical fault in the front planetary gears

Excessive speed sensor n3 or outer disk bracket faulty

Affected terminals
-
Diagnosis/Troubleshooting
49 Excessive speed engine
The CAN engine speed signal is checked to ascertain whether a
limit value is exceeded. The aim of the fault detection is to detect a
hydraulic or mechanical malfunction of the transmission.

The frictional connection is interrupted by the Tiptronic control module

Diagnosis conditions

Ignition on

Engine speed > maximum switch speed + offset (e.g. max.

switch speed = 6000 rpm, offset = 500 rpm)

Possible fault cause

Affected terminals
-
50 Impermissible transmission ratio
The transmission is checked to ascertain whether it shifts down as
permissible.
The frictional connection is interrupted by the Tiptronic control module!
Diagnosis conditions

Ignition on

Possible fault cause

Affected terminals
-
Work instruction Display OK If not OK
1 Disassemble transmission and repair according to findings

End

Note!

1 Disassemble transmission and repair according to findings End

51 Transmission slips or gear implausible
Checks are carried out to ascertain whether a gear is implausible or
the transmission slips.
The redundancy transistor is switched off. The setpoint values of
the current regulator are set to 0 and all change-over valves are
switched off. The control module is then in emergency operation.
Minimal cycle is additionally activated.
Diagnosis conditions

Ignition on

No active gearshift

No speed n2 fault

Engine speed n2 > 150 rpm

No selector lever fault

No CAN fault

No PSM fault

At least one plausible rear wheel speed

All plausible PSM wheel speeds > 50 rpm

Difference between right and left wheel speed < 100 rpm (rear

and front)

Output shaft speed > 180 rpm

Engine speed > 450 rpm

Possible fault cause

Leak in hydraulic wiring

Leak in mechanical transmission parts

Oil filter missing

Affected terminals
-
Note!

1 Disassemble transmission and repair according to findings End

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 08-17-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
All the codes should clear with the battery disconnected for long enough, but that doesn't mean they won't come back.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:39 PM
pat
roger that. i wanted to make sure there were no codes that could be stored to keep it in say limp mode after a battery disconnect. the 701 code gives a lot of stuff that could be wrong. tonight i am going to take the pan off and see if this adds any info to a problem.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:41 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
All the codes should clear with the battery disconnected for long enough, but that doesn't mean they won't come back.
This is not quite correct. While some codes will clear with soft reset (disconnecting the battery) others will not. Some will also clear with cycles (on/off) and others will not.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:52 PM
pat
if there are some codes that cant be cleared with battery disconnect how are they cleared. i have a code reader and a flash cable , but not duramatic software. what ever i need to get i will get.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: P0701 Pd code