996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EBWerks 996 Turbo S Exhaust Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Dr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of lightDr. Jekyll is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by EBWerks
We got in our custom mufflers for two exhaust systems to test. So for those whom want it quieter, we will be testing. If you want to make it quieter, you will need Cats and Mufflers. : / ..I'm offering the first set of an exhaust with mufflers at a discount for some none bias review. FWIW.
I would definitely jump on that... unfortunately I'm currently sitting in Afghanistan and wont be home for another few months. So I wouldn't be able to do any reviews until the fall

Old 08-02-2012, 12:31 AM
ForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these partsForcedInduction is infamous around these parts
I would love to try the exhaust! Would the cats from my fabspeed exhaust be useable?

Old 08-02-2012, 09:05 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
We got in our custom mufflers for two exhaust systems to test. So for those whom want it quieter, we will be testing. If you want to make it quieter, you will need Cats and Mufflers. : / ..I'm offering the first set of an exhaust with mufflers at a discount for some none bias review. FWIW.
Are you going have a muffler version without cats??
Maybe your mufflers might just lower it enough to take that edge off??

Last edited by johnspeed; 08-02-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:53 AM
mrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond reputemrmaass has a reputation beyond repute
Mike,

I got the test mufflers I promised you yesterday. I want to make sure you like it better with these on - that you want to keep the exhaust before we start talking about getting you a set of slash tips .

OK good point E...As long as the nice 3" exit pipes sit in the same location they did before the mufflers were installed I will be happy.
I've also moved, which means in the morning when the car is first started, and loudest, I don't have the same annoying neighbors to contend with. If it is even a little bit quiter at cruising speeds I will be very happy with it. I hope it still spits flames sometimes! That is an awesome side effect of your exhaust.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:34 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
On the 3" , what size ID are the cores and the core type on the muffler.
Also I think that 2.25" piping after the X would be restricting to much for power output..Just my thoughts.

Last edited by johnspeed; 08-02-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
It's been said a lot already, but those slash cut tips look great.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:20 PM
bludemon is on a distinguished road
Enrique - you guys make a great sounding exhaust. Can you PM me the discounted price for the one with the mufflers? The sound of the turbos is intoxicating and I'm wondering how much of that I will lose if I go with this option.

Dan

Old 08-03-2012, 12:16 PM
2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute2muchtime has a reputation beyond repute
I will try it, will it be interchangable with straight pipes? so say ten minutes I could swap for the track?

Old 08-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
Those slash cut tips look awesome. Still got to make my way down to Morgan Hill to get a listen to this exhaust in person.

Old 08-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !Nor Cal Turbo Is a GOD !
Oh wow, you are much closer to me now. Maybe next weekend if you are around. I'll call or text you.

I moved near downtown Saratoga. We should meet up sometime.