996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rebuilding a Porsche 996 Turbo(cup)-03 to a street legal racecar..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 12:25 PM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
Building a Porsche 911 TurboCup-R to be the Nordics fastest streetlegal Racecar..

On request here is some more info about my car.
I previously owned and heavely modded a Porsche 944 Turbocup -86, here is some movies on that car.

At that time I was more at rennlist but it seems like itīs more posting on the 6speed 996TT/GT2 forum so I decided to create a account here.

Right now Iīm rebuilding a crashed 2003 996TT with alot of fun parts to become a street legal racecar.

Here is a small picture of my old Turbocup car

Attached Images  

Last edited by Puppan; 11-22-2014 at 06:20 AM.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Puppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond reputePuppan has a reputation beyond repute
It will have a 997 Cup front conversion kit..
The car is planned to go for paintjob in two weeks. But still has a alot of work to it before its ready here is just a preview picture of it!

Attached Images  
Old 12-29-2007, 12:32 PM
I went with 996 CUP -04 suspension. Its SACHS double adjustable shock absorbers for racing only

Attached Images   
Old 12-29-2007, 12:44 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Is that the crashed car in your avatar???????

Yikes!

But PLEASE keep us updated on ALL the specs! This is the home of fast Turbos.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Alot of the parts in the chassie is copied straight of from the 996 RS, RSR and Cup cars and it will be uniballed almost everywere..

Here is some pictures of it..

Attached Images    
Old 12-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Is that the crashed car in your avatar???????

Yikes!

But PLEASE keep us updated on ALL the specs! This is the home of fast Turbos.
It sure is
That picture is from this summer, the bodywork is done but it still has a long way to go...
The only problem is that the car is planned to be at a car show the 24 of march...

I know this is the fastest home for 996TT, thats why I ended up here...

Last edited by Puppan; 12-29-2007 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:56 PM
Welded FIA certified roll cage..

Attached Images     
Old 12-29-2007, 12:58 PM
FIA certified SPARCO racing "buckets"

Attached Images  
Old 12-29-2007, 12:58 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
This is awesome! Keep it coming.

Old 12-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Puppan
Alot of the parts in the chassie is copied straight of from the 996 RS, RSR and Cup cars and it will be uniballed almost everywere..

Here is some pictures of it..
Which lower control arms are those? I'm thinking about upgrading myself.

Old 12-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Which lower control arms are those? I'm thinking about upgrading myself.
I think I have a picture describing it..
I think we used GT2 front lower arms but using them both in front and rear.. The inside part is one/off made for me, but Ivé seen them sold in the US on the webb as well.

Not that good picture when we tried some parts on the car!

Attached Images  
Old 12-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
can you post some pictures of the crashed TT before all the mods... you avatar is hard to see.

Old 12-29-2007, 01:36 PM
The engine mods in version 1.0 in 2008 will be the following.
Allready bought and in my garage..

K24:s
GT2 IC
Maxspeed intake
5 bar fpr
FVD exhaust with 100cell race cats
ported OEM headers
Cup -04 flywheel

aiming for about 550-600 crank HP, sounds correct or??

Here I have some big confusions on what software or solution I should choose, I am thinking of going Piggyback with a swedish company selling supercharger kits with piggyback in the US for VIPERS(under alias) www.civinco.com... This gives me much more flexiblility when retuning the car in version 2.0.. But as I said I really need some input here! I see no 6speeders using piggyback so thatīs why i am holding back!

/pete

Old 12-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
can you post some pictures of the crashed TT before all the mods... you avatar is hard to see.

Sure can..
A frenchman took it for a spin after drinking a bit to much wine..

Attached Images    
Old 12-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Afg
Afg is on a distinguished road
glad to see you ok after this crash and GL With Building it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rebuilding a Porsche 996 Turbo(cup)-03 to a street legal racecar..