996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Any Numeric Shifter customers?

Old 11-13-2012, 02:32 PM
JayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really nice
Any Numeric Shifter customers?

I was just looking for some feedback from this product, from what I hear it's the best shifter out on the market. I'm highly considering it so I'd like to hear what you guys think, thanks

Old 11-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
ill let you know in a week or so. mine is enroute. if you look at the usp motorsports thread on the numeric sale theres a couple who have installed theirs. big raves all around!

Old 11-13-2012, 08:59 PM
samx is a splendid one to beholdsamx is a splendid one to beholdsamx is a splendid one to beholdsamx is a splendid one to beholdsamx is a splendid one to beholdsamx is a splendid one to beholdsamx is a splendid one to beholdsamx is a splendid one to behold
I'm still very happy with mine.

You've probably already seen it, but here's a link to my review:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...er-review.html

I never got around to trying some of the different settings like I had planned on. The rev matching issue I had has gone away, or I've just adjusted my driving to work with it.

And the price USP is selling it for now is a good bit less than even the pre-order intro price I paid. It's a great deal on a great shifter.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:01 PM
JayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really niceJayAndreTT is just really nice
Originally Posted by samx
I'm still very happy with mine.

You've probably already seen it, but here's a link to my review:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...er-review.html

I never got around to trying some of the different settings like I had planned on. The rev matching issue I had has gone away, or I've just adjusted my driving to work with it.

And the price USP is selling it for now is a good bit less than even the pre-order intro price I paid. It's a great deal on a great shifter.
Good to know. The only concern I have is from your review actually, you described how you had to file down the brackets in order to make the linkages fit. What other modifications will I have to do, or has the shifter been slightly updated to not have this problem?

Old 11-13-2012, 10:24 PM
samx is a splendid one to beholdsamx is a splendid one to beholdsamx is a splendid one to beholdsamx is a splendid one to beholdsamx is a splendid one to beholdsamx is a splendid one to beholdsamx is a splendid one to beholdsamx is a splendid one to behold
I got one of the first build and those blocks have since been updated. Dan even offered to send me a set of the new blocks, but I declined as it was already installed.

The modification took all of about 30 seconds, so I wouldn't worry about it.

Originally Posted by JayAndreTT
Good to know. The only concern I have is from your review actually, you described how you had to file down the brackets in order to make the linkages fit. What other modifications will I have to do, or has the shifter been slightly updated to not have this problem?

Old 11-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
ok i have installed the numeric shifter. as this car continues to surprise me when i removed everything what do afind but some brand of billet short shifter!! so i wont be able to compare it to oem.
install is very straightforward and honestly getting the console BACK in place was the hardest part! i installed everything THEN adjust the cable blocks to fit the cables.
first impression was first was hard to find but after 10 mins. of driving and shifting the car feels normal and gears shift is crisp and very firm. i went for broke and set the shifter on nthe shortest setting from the beginning. barely feel the h pattern now it feels like a forward and backward only movement but hits every gear every time. beers all around!!

Old 11-17-2012, 08:41 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Had the shifter in the car for a week and been driving the car for the last 4 days. Shifts are firms and precise they feel solid and I have to say its the best shifter I have tried. b&M and the 997Ssk don't hold up like this. I am rough and it works great. I have also used CUP cables so it may be a bit different.
I have to say that it's a great shifter and you will enjoy it. GL

Old 11-17-2012, 10:19 PM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by PALETTE
Had the shifter in the car for a week and been driving the car for the last 4 days. Shifts are firms and precise they feel solid and I have to say its the best shifter I have tried. b&M and the 997Ssk don't hold up like this. I am rough and it works great. I have also used CUP cables so it may be a bit different.
I have to say that it's a great shifter and you will enjoy it. GL
I have a 997 shifter not the ssk, how much of a difference should I expect? As of now I love the feel of the factory 997 shifter. I wouldn't mind trying the numeric shifter though

Old 11-18-2012, 07:35 AM
Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !Blockhed Is a GOD !
anyone want my 997 ssk shifter

Old 11-18-2012, 09:17 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Blockhed
I think you can convert it to a bookend or a door stop.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:39 PM
scsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Blockhed
Interested!

Old 12-01-2012, 09:46 PM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
I now run the Numeric Shift after being far from happy with the OEM SSK, I have now had time to really test the gear change quality. 100% shift rate, with no bulks or wrong gears selected even being flat at the rev limiter and cornering and braking. This is how Porsche should have done it.

Still no noises or vibrations just super accurate and positive shifts with no play. Best mod I have done by a long way, the pleasure is back in driving now I don't have to 'think' the gear change when flat out.

Cheers Dan!

Old 12-02-2012, 09:25 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Option #2. CAE.

Not subtle. Numeric for stock boot for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3bDiGRe7ao

Jeff

Attached Images    

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 12-02-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:48 PM
scsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Option #2. CAE.

Jeff
Off topic, but what wing do you have on your car? I like it

Old 03-14-2015, 08:16 AM
b4stiTTS has a spectacular aura aboutb4stiTTS has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Option #2. CAE.

Jeff

n1, I also bought the CAE shifter, it was necessary to do some modifications to the centre console?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any Numeric Shifter customers?