996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New M2 performance 996tt exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 09:24 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
I have an M2 on my lexus v8. It is perfect for that car. Quiet, looks perfect (8 months), barely makes noise, but growls perfectly. Overall, Im very happy with the result and thrilled with the price.

For 635 dollars, I'd buy this 100x over for the 996tt. It is a similar style system that almost every porsche exhaust manufacturer was selling before the X pipe craze and I was told by a tuner here that the twin can made more power... factor that in with lack of CATS and I bet it does awesome.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,Now you just need to install larger turbos to make it even sound better..lol..
Keep me posted on your 3071 success!

Old 12-06-2012, 05:02 PM
sdiamond911 is on a distinguished road
since this is an exhaust thread.... I have a Gemballa exhaust now on a C2 and after a few minutes of warming up it has a great sound. The youtube clips of others sound a little raspy or tin ish at higher revs. Probably just sound quality on vids. Problem is that it would be much easier if we could hear them in person before purchase! While sound is subjective it's easier when you have a first hand choice. Anyone know of a system close to Gemballa for a TT?

Old 12-06-2012, 06:25 PM
KCC
KCC will become famous soon enough
I don't know why people continue to slam on products made in China. Does it really matter where the products are made as long as the final products are good? Even the iPhone, iPad, and all (if not most) of the tablets are made in China. Don't tell me that the components of these products are not made in China. A lot of the components inside are made in China, Korea, and Japan. Also, most of the designs (except Apple) of these products are done in Asia. Can people be a little bit more objective?

I always smile when people said that they don't buy products made in China. In that case, look around and discard most of the electronics.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:34 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NOLA911
For 635 dollars, I'd buy this 100x over for the 996tt. It is a similar style system that almost every porsche exhaust manufacturer was selling before the X pipe craze and I was told by a tuner here that the twin can made more power... factor that in with lack of CATS and I bet it does awesome.
I am a tuner and own a tuning shop with a IMP AWD eddy current Mustang dyno. I need volunteers with two stock (or identical) 996tt's - one with twin can exhaust, one with X-flow exhaust. Cats or no cats. Same day testing back-to-back and let the dyno show the results. Or... just ask Markski as he probably has done this.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:21 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by XLR82XS
I am a tuner and own a tuning shop with a IMP AWD eddy current Mustang dyno. I need volunteers with two stock (or identical) 996tt's - one with twin can exhaust, one with X-flow exhaust. Cats or no cats. Same day testing back-to-back and let the dyno show the results. Or... just ask Markski as he probably has done this.
Good to Know...Do you have a web page ?

Old 12-07-2012, 10:39 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
speedindustry.net

Old 12-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Update: exhaust wasnt close to fitting. The resonators are not resonators they are filament less cats. No glass packs. Returned for full refund. At least it didnt cost me anything recieving full refund and ship back label. Gonna save for europipe!

S

Old 12-07-2012, 02:55 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Highhats
Update: exhaust wasnt close to fitting. The resonators are not resonators they are filament less cats. No glass packs. Returned for full refund. At least it didnt cost me anything recieving full refund and ship back label. Gonna save for europipe!

S

I'm sure a whole legion of "believers" are pretty bummed.

Hey Suman, btw, is that your EP in your avatar?

Also, haven't you been looking for an exhaust for 5+ years now?

Old 12-07-2012, 02:59 PM
voodoojar is a splendid one to beholdvoodoojar is a splendid one to beholdvoodoojar is a splendid one to beholdvoodoojar is a splendid one to beholdvoodoojar is a splendid one to beholdvoodoojar is a splendid one to behold
i tried one it wasn't poor poor quality over all that made me get rid of it it was the poor fitment. It came to the point that i either need to get out the grinder and cut off tool or just not install it, Ii chose not to install it. I ordered a agency exhaust, also made in china and it fit perfect.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Yes my europipe. Was stolen by imagine auto in kansas. I sold my old 996tt in 2009 just got a xabby this year. No i havent bee looking for an exhaust for 5 yrs. actually ran from 6speed for all the BS i was given for a couple years till i cooled off

Old 12-07-2012, 03:10 PM
ttpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond reputettpopo has a reputation beyond repute
daym - so sorry to hear that!

I remember you from back in the day. Welcome back!

Old 12-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Thank you for taking one for the team Highhats. Now the community can know the truth, thanks to your experience with the unit. This one is a feather in the cap for the guys with proven systems for sure.

Reps coming your way for taking a chance and sharing the results with us.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:27 PM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Well we have extremes to compare to now,, 600 cheapo and on the other side 4500 Europipe...NO matter how you look at it that still is a 3900 difference for the same type of part..
There is a happy medium that is filled by many others on this site..
You do get what you pay for and sometimes you have to pay more for self satisfaction.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:30 PM
Got an Epl billet k16 setup with stock exhaust now and couldnt be happier thanks steve for the rep. Ttpopo glad to be back now that the mArket has pushed away slot of the riff raff.

S

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New M2 performance 996tt exhaust?