996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996 TT OEM Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 09:45 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BMiller33
If you don't want to drop $2-3K on a new exhaust and you have some fab skills you can custom build your own as I am doing. Picture below is in-process x-pipe before welding....look for an upcoming DIY thread on this, I am just waiting until I complete and install for full step-by-step (I don't care for in-process wait 2 weeks for the next update thread). Plan is cat-delete, x-pipe, dual straight mufflers, and stock tips.

Nice,,Good Luck

Old 01-03-2013, 09:50 AM
johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !johnspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
Richard, if you are going for performance, removing those won't do anything. If you are going to make it slightly louder, i would remove 2/3 in order to help with keeping drone down. What i did like i said before, remove the secondary cat, but you know how that secondary cat has a shield at the end covering it up and pushing the air flow to the outside wall of the exhaust, leaving a 1.5" gap between the shiled and the wall of the exhaust where the exhaust air goes ( very restrstive). I took that shield and flipped it, so it would make the flow of the air go towards the middle of the car. I had it so that shield would point to the cut out 2.25" of the drill hole i made, BUT even then.. still restrictive.
I try to help him by explaining to him he still is going to have that section of small OD factory piping which will cause a restriction And he should go to 2.5'',, I have seen good results on the dyno with that..

Old 01-03-2013, 01:53 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Stubborn, lets see how this goes

Old 01-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by RichardCH
Stubborn, lets see how this goes
just trying to get the most HP for you..