996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

anyone taken the rear alignment to 0?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 04:21 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Should I get adjustable thrust bushings? How valuable is caster adjustment?

Old 05-11-2017, 04:36 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brnrdtns
Should I get adjustable thrust bushings? How valuable is caster adjustment?
Not for the rear. Just the front. Solid single hole pucks in the rear is best though as all the weight is back there.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:43 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
How much do sway bars help? I've read about some who just changed the rear and not the front. What are your thoughts on that?

Old 05-11-2017, 05:00 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
How much do sway bars help? I've read about some who just changed the rear and not the front. What are your thoughts on that?
That is a loaded question based on your suspension setup, RWD or AWD, spring rates F&R etc. If you are still AWD a rear bar upgrade helps a ton. People seem to swear by the GT2/3 F&R sway set and the H&R. I am running the Eibach and it is definitely an improvement. But it will not remedy other suspension issues. The biggest of which being the stiffer the suspension and less the body roll, the harder you will typically drive the car. This will ultimately also mean that due to harder driving your rubber pieces in the rear will now flex more and wear out if not already. If you intend to run RWD I would upgrade the front and rear sways.

Old 05-11-2017, 11:18 PM
pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !
I'm on PSS10's and aggressively low. Tires are lasting me about 12k on the street. Would just solid thrust arm bushings go a ways to address toe control without the others? I suspect it's the big donut in the TA that degrades the most?

Old 05-11-2017, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by pteck
I'm on PSS10's and aggressively low. Tires are lasting me about 12k on the street. Would just solid thrust arm bushings go a ways to address toe control without the others? I suspect it's the big donut in the TA that degrades the most?
Adjustable toe links will make the best improvement if significantly lowered. Thrust arm bushing are relatively cheap in the big picture.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:59 AM
Toe links for $200, I wonder if these are any good. https://thmotorsports.com/i-2000254....JHnhoCgQ3w_wcB

Old 05-12-2017, 08:36 AM
Ok I think I am going with Torque Solution. They look to be good quality for a pretty good price. $449 for the toe arms and $225 for the thrust bushings. The bushings are adjustable for both front and rear. Will it be simple enough to just put them in at the center setting and call it good? http://www.evoms.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=38186

Old 05-12-2017, 09:16 AM
Ok I think I am going with Torque Solution. They look to be good quality for a pretty good price. $449 for the toe arms and $225 for the thrust bushings. The bushings are adjustable for both front and rear. Will it be simple enough to just put them in at the center setting and call it good? http://www.evoms.com/mobile/Product.aspx?id=38186
Yup. Just use the center hole. Haven't heard much outside the Japanese tuning community about Megan. But Torque solution stuff seems to get great reviews. I have their rear sway links and they use quality endlinks.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:52 AM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
I also use the TS toe links and they have helped dial out toe in reducing uneven inner rear tire wear dramatically.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:35 AM
pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !pteck Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by '02996ttx50
I also use the TS toe links and they have helped
dial out toe in reducing uneven inner rear tire wear dramatically.
Did you pair this with solid TA bushings, or just the toe link?

Old 05-12-2017, 12:04 PM
Ordered the Torque Solution arms and bushings. I will take a look at all the other bushings and will replace as needed. I know how we all hate Vivid for screwing over that guy with the 4.0 that had damaged liners, but they were significantly cheaper than everyone else. Free shipping with code SHIPTHIS. $572.90 to my door.

Old 05-22-2017, 05:16 PM
Anyone get their Torque Solution stuff yet? I ordered 10 days ago, apparently it was drop shipped and I've gotten nada.

Old 05-22-2017, 11:37 PM
Anyone get their Torque Solution stuff yet? I ordered 10 days ago, apparently it was drop shipped and I've gotten nada.
I have their rear sway links and tranny mount bushings. They were not particularly bad on ship time IIRC.

Old 05-31-2017, 01:52 PM
Parts will be here friday. 3 week ship time. Anyone have a good way to get the thrust bushings out? Mine are in pretty good condition. Blow torch?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: anyone taken the rear alignment to 0?