996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Rss engine mounts impressions

Old 06-04-2013, 04:55 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Rss engine mounts impressions

I would like to say thanks to all that wrote up "How To's" and for those that gave detailed advice on how to install the RSS's! I couldn't believe that something was actually so easy and straight forward to do on a 911!! I am not mechanically inclined nor do I have the patience, so I was surprised that the part I thought would be hard (the bottom bolts) were right in your face unobstructed when you got under the car! I was waiting for something to "get" me in the install, like you had to go around a maze to get to bolt or something, but none!

The first thing I noticed was that these motor mounts are a work of art like my other RSS pieces. Smooth edges, great finish and fit like a glove! It went in with NO MODIFICATIONS as I have read others had to do on the 964RS, WEVO and the solid mounts.

When I fired her up there was a VERY,VERY,VERY small vibration under idle, but most would not even notice it, but give it to my audiophile ears to hear it. The car felt no different under any other throttle input coming to any noise or vibration.

That is where the similarities end! How can a small AFFORDABLE part make such an impact (as in good) in the overall precision of this car! I didn't even push the car being it was late when I finished the install, so I am just talking about casual, light spirited driving and figure these benefits will heighten as you push the car.

My gears even under REGULAR driving seam to be clicking in gear easer and feel more directly connected to the gear box. Directional change feels like the front wheels and the rears are in a slot in the road. Turn in is crisper as I feel the rear now are not just reacting, but already knows what the front wheels are doing directional wise. If I throw the car in a turn the breaking loose or the "sliding" of the rear tires are so predictable and liner now. The car is just more precises in all that it does now.

I purchased this machine a year ago and even though there has been much money put toward getting it where it is, I absolutely do not regret my decision to get a 911T & build a balanced machine! These machines when done right are such an overall world class performer from looks, handling, braking, usable/street able power, balance and can run with the best of cars out there!

I have 997 tranny mounts on the way now and am excited to feel the overall difference!

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	RSS ENGINE MOUNTS 2.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	349.6 KB
ID:	248616   Click image for larger version

Name:	RSS ENGINE MOUNTS 4.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	378.8 KB
ID:	248626   Click image for larger version

Name:	RSS MOTOR TOP.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	346.7 KB
ID:	248636  

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 06-04-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:44 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
i agree it's an incredibly valuable and sometimes overlooked mod ( only at some early stage of moditis ). when i recently installed my wevos i noticed a fair degree of vibration, but it was what i want out of the car. responsiveness and as much feedback as the car can provide with less dampening. changing the stock motor mounts will do that. it's not for everyone and maybe not for a dd. certainly not all time city driving, i would think. i agree, the impact on the driveability, responsiveness, and the overall feedback the car gives now as compared the dampened stock mounts is dramatic. i no longer notice the vibration *much* now either. first few times around the block, i was thinkin".. "whoa". love it now though.

awesome mod. i think mine were like 250 and installed in the yard, up on jacks and beer, in true hillbilly style.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:24 PM
pat
pat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond reputepat has a reputation beyond repute
I defiantly like mine.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:42 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Ditto the above ^^^^!!!! I bought these to try to solve some other issues. I was amazed at how much better the car handled afterward. Definitely a high bang for the buck mod!!

Guys at RSS are great too!!

Old 06-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Banned
Dan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond repute
bobby,

great write up! see you next friday!

Old 06-11-2013, 06:56 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zook@SCB
bobby,

great write up! see you next friday!
My enjoyment of this well balanced machine is partly because of your guys expertise when installing & setting up the full suspension on this car!

Thanks again for you calling me on your last VBOX Sport (before your next shipment) before the weekend so I can play around with it! Just need to work on that 60-130 time now...

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba