996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

USP Motorsports GT2 goes 9.80 in the 1/4!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
USP Motorsports GT2 goes 9.80 in the 1/4!!

USP Motorsports has been fortunate enough to have the pleasure of working on a Porsche GT2. Just like Porsche took everything its learned with the 911 develop one of the world’s most favorable super cars USP Motorsports did the same. Below we are pleased to feature a vehicle with incredible power, speed and acceleration, The USP Motorsports GT2. The USP GT2 will feature items that we currently promote and items that have made it possible for us to achieve our current ¼ mile of 9.80 at 148MPH. We also had success in going over 150MPH in several quarter miles testings.

This happens to be the exact spec'd turbo kit we debuted in the 997TT section.

Below are some photos of the vehicle and some highlights pointed out in them:

We were able to further develop out X-Pipe Race exhaust system with this car learning more than ever. The custom exhaust manifolds were matted to Precision USP Spec'd Turbos and TiAL wastegates.

Here is a closer look at one of the sides.

The surrounding turbo areas were carefully treated to contain heat as much as possible. The DEI Turbo Blanket and DEI Reflect-A-Cool Tape to the area to help control temperatures.

The custom manifold was built off of a set of custom CNC milled flanges.

A nice view of how tight fitment really is on a 911TT.

We prototyped a new exhaust system with keeping the X flow design. All race systems are made with the highest quality parts.

A new Y-Pipe was created for this project, featuring a TiAL BOV, USP MAP Adapter and USP Silicone Couplers. The fuel injectors were addressed with the help of T1 Performance!

As part of our E85 fuel system a distribution block for the rails is used.

Here is a sneak peek of the custom intake manifold that we developed.

A close up of the Y-Pipe and TiAL BOV.

Torque Solution engine mounts hold this animal together and steady the engine!

One of the newest features of our E85 system is the RADIUM Engineering Surge tank that is host to two Walboro 400 E85 pumps.

Here is a close up of the RADUIM Engineering Surge Tank – Check out the clean electrical connection!

A matching AEM Failsafe system was added to the car. The Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge provides the ability to accurately tune AFR, while actively protecting your engine by constantly monitoring AFR curves and activating a user-defined failsafe strategy if it runs lean.

A overall shot to display how clean the AEM Failsafe fits in to the interior.

G-Force Racing Harnesses round off the GT2 interior.

A special thanks to our supporters!
Mobil 1 - https://www.facebook.com/mobil1
Torque Solutions - https://www.facebook.com/Torquesolution
T1 Race Development - https://www.facebook.com/T1racedevelopment
Ferrea Racing Components - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ferre...ts/88429650232
RADIUM Engineering - https://www.facebook.com/radiumengineering
Eurodyne - http://www.eurodyne.ca/

Here is a Small video of the car the night we went 9.80!

Attached Images                                   

Last edited by Chris Green@USP; 08-03-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:41 PM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
wow !!!!! just Wow !!!!! Congrats for the fastest 996 turbo/gt2 if i am right.

Sure i would ask about turbos, boost, launch control, weight reduction, tires and much more but this is really big news, we have time for that after celebration. 3.3s for the second 1/8 is damn fast too

Old 08-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Fire is just really niceFire is just really niceFire is just really niceFire is just really niceFire is just really nice
Congrats! What tire? What EMS? I'd love to see what the power curve looks like.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:01 PM
WILLIAMP will become famous soon enough
WOW!

That is impressive right there.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
what are the suspension setup and axles in the car? do i hear a 2 step launch control?

Old 08-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
No weight reduction at all infact the turbo kit ,bigger intercoolers , so forth added about 75 lbs at the end of the day.

It's on stock ecu with a open ECU software (2000cc's)will talk more about that later.

Stock gt2 suspension

Dss axles

No 2 step right now this was only the 3erd pass ever in the car first 2 passes were 10.1 had bad 1-2 shifts. Even the 9.80 pass was pretty crappy in my book still getting a feel for launching the car.

As far as I know the quickest watercolor Porsche in the US is evoms with a 9.67 next time back I will give it my best to beat it.

It's on a 305 MT DR I am working on a wheel setup to get a better tire in there.

Last edited by Chris Green@USP; 08-02-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:57 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
chris congrats thats an awesome time.

can you tell me more about the intake manifold? any more pics ?

and also can you tell me how the aem failsafe protects you when /if you go lean?

Old 08-02-2013, 06:10 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
Wooow , awesome chris !!

You are doing great setups for porsches

Old 08-02-2013, 06:11 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Congrats Chris..impressive as usual...stock trans and diff? What clutch?

Old 08-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by ttboost
Congrats Chris..impressive as usual...stock trans and diff? What clutch?
Thanks man

Stock trans we just rebuilt. we removed the stock LSD and installed a wavetrack one.

Don't be fooled I didn't take a GT2 and ruin it I will be on the road course next Wed with it

Old 08-02-2013, 07:31 PM
phillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to beholdphillym5 is a splendid one to behold
Nice! thats bookin.

What kind of power does it make?

Old 08-02-2013, 09:14 PM
VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !VGLNTE1 Is a GOD !
Beautiful

Old 08-02-2013, 09:30 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Congrats Chris. I was in Florida Wednesday when you were at the track and t was 92 plus the humidity. That worked well for you though. Great time. What did the car Dyno at?

Old 08-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by UrbanHotrod
Congrats Chris. I was in Florida Wednesday when you were at the track and t was 92 plus the humidity. That worked well for you though. Great time. What did the car Dyno at?
The heat was a killer for us the DA was almost 1900 feet at night

The car really doesn't make much power as it sits I left the boost pretty low because I wanted to dial in the car first. I feel a broad power band with a well setup car is the key.

Anyone wanna guess the power ??

Old 08-02-2013, 09:54 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
725?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: USP Motorsports GT2 goes 9.80 in the 1/4!!