996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

ProEfi, E85 996TT hit's the 4's!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 06:26 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by layinback
Todd Knighton is using the GT3 intake! Personally I like Chris Greens setup

on the GT2. The GT3 cam / heads is a little scary. There's not a lot of builds

with those particular mods but the ProEfi would make it easier than the

stock ecu to work with for sure.

I'm anxiously anticipating Topguns ProEfi setup and the update on Chris and

Corey's Syvecs build. My feeling is the Syvecs will produce identical results

but is much easier to tune and way more intuitive relative to the 996TT.

If the Syvecs exceeds the ProEfi in performance, it's worth twice the price!

I think they're both excellent products and I don't know what all the

infighting has been about. ProEfi has exceeded my expectations and I'm

sure that it'll be the same for the Syvec guys.
correct knighton uses the mkII gt3 exhaust cam on moderate high HP builds and then uses the intake cam on bug builds but you do loose alot of streetability with the gt3 intake cam.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:23 PM
CRR
CRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud ofCRR has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
That's moving Randy. Sounds like you have a real good car there in Abalama. Let me know if you would be interested in competing against the fastest cars in the country at the next Texas Invitational. I need all the Pcar help I can get!
nice sportsmanship...4.81 < 4.82

awesome build, layinback. i like reading these threads about the standalones. seems like you guys are really breaking ground. me, i am not an early adopter on such things. once there is a body of experience out there and they are proven reliable i will put one on my car.

in for vids. preferably with worthy opponent. do they race cars in alabama or just vbox?

todd, you're right. seems like layinback would be good talent for TI, don't you think? def would need > 1000whp though.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:56 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CRR

awesome build, layinback. i like reading these threads about the standalones. seems like you guys are really breaking ground. me, i am not an early adopter on such things. once there is a body of experience out there and they are proven reliable i will put one on my car.

in for vids. preferably with worthy opponent. do they race cars in alabama or just vbox?

todd, you're right. seems like layinback would be good talent for TI, don't you think? def would need > 1000whp though.
Yes he would. But it's only a couple of bigger turbos away!

Old 09-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Keep chipping away randy! Remember the aqua-dick is always close behind and you must accel!

Fred let me know how those billets feel.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:03 AM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CRR

lol 1/100th wouldn't help me in a run up to 180 with Todd

We race in Alabama and we play some decent college football.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:24 AM
layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !layinback Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Yes he would. But it's only a couple of bigger turbos away!
Fred and I have been talking about this very thing. We have some ideas

about the turbo setup and some of the ancillaries. We would have to

address aerodynamics.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:42 AM
Originally Posted by SamboTT
Keep chipping away randy! Remember the aqua-dick is always close behind and you must accel!

Fred let me know how those billets feel.
No room for the water pecker! He's been sheathed in a condom and anchored

to the pools floor

We logged the car in boost setting 3, 4 and 5. We also logged the 2 step

in 3rd at 3800 rpms and then we did the mundane drivability stuff.

When you let off the momentary button and release the clutch, it's an

instantaneous 16 lbs of boost and within a second and a half you can be

hitting 28 lbs, according to the chosen boost level.

The look on the passengers face and the immediate grabbing of anything

available to stabilize themselves.........priceless And it's always

accompanied by a loud expletive.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:53 AM
TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !TabooPc Is a GOD !
No room for the water pecker! He's been sheathed in a condom and anchored

to the pools floor

We logged the car in boost setting 3, 4 and 5. We also logged the 2 step

in 3rd at 3800 rpms and then we did the mundane drivability stuff.

When you let off the momentary button and release the clutch, it's an

instantaneous 16 lbs of boost and within a second and a half you can be

hitting 28 lbs, according to the chosen boost level.

The look on the passengers face and the immediate grabbing of anything

available to stabilize themselves.........priceless And it's always

accompanied by a loud expletive.
Sounds scary... Scary good.

Sweet build/results.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by TabooPc
Sounds scary... Scary good.

Sweet build/results.
Thanks bro and it was scary in the beginning but it's amazing how

fast we become desensitized to speed.

Old 09-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Yeah that's part of the fun! Intercoolers/piping seam to be working awesome too. I have been doing some of Mark's 3.5" with the Speedtech pipe with good results.

Man the stand-alone concept goes so far...

I think it's awesome how much enjoyment you extract out of this. That is the whole idea!

Old 09-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Yeah that's part of the fun! Intercoolers/piping seam to be working awesome too. I have been doing some of Mark's 3.5" with the Speedtech pipe with good results.

I think it's awesome how much enjoyment you extract out of this. That is the whole idea!
Markski's 3.5 Ics coupled with the SpeedTech Y pipe is probably good for 1000 whp on E85.

Corn runs much cooler than gasoline and even most race fuel. We are running 2.5 inches on

all plumbing and the throttle body is a 74mm IPD. We really don't have any monstrously big

components except for some facets of fueling.

And it is FUN! I went out trolling for suckers.....er... I mean guys who would do a little roll

racing. Honestly, it's over in the first 3 or 4 seconds. Rolling from 50 mph in 3rd, I'm at

110 in 3 seconds and 130 in another 2 seconds. Game over lol

I don't live in Houston

Old 09-07-2013, 02:07 PM

BTW, have you heard the new album by Dick waters and the one eyed bandits?

Old 09-07-2013, 02:14 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
We had a great "cruise" today.

DrRobMD99, 4080, whereitsat and others

[URL=http://s511.photobucket.com/user/BlackHorseTurbo/media/Hardy%20Hit%20LIST%20Sept%207%202013/Screenshot2013-09-07at104752AM_zps9ca10486.png.html]

Mullet's UR 2R Lambro

1100Hp Supra (Which I dragged like a ****)

Markski's 3.5 Ics coupled with the SpeedTech Y pipe is probably good for 1000 whp on E85.

Corn runs much cooler than gasoline and even most race fuel. We are running 2.5 inches on

all plumbing and the throttle body is a 74mm IPD. We really don't have any monstrously big

components except for some facets of fueling.

And it is FUN! I went out trolling for suckers.....er... I mean guys who would do a little roll

racing. Honestly, it's over in the first 3 or 4 seconds. Rolling from 50 mph in 3rd, I'm at

110 in 3 seconds and 130 in another 2 seconds. Game over lol

I don't live in Houston

Attached Images     

Last edited by BlackHorseTurbo; 09-07-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:36 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Todd for letting me hang out with you guys. It was blast seeing everyone. Maybe we can do some midnight runs soon.

Old 09-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Former Vendor
Looks like a blast Todd!

Unfortunately I have heard that before randy!
We should add earplugs to the list.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ProEfi, E85 996TT hit's the 4's!!!