6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   996 Turbo / GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2-2/)
-   -   Los Angeles Auto Dealer - Anybody dealt with them? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/318384-los-angeles-auto-dealer-anybody-dealt-them.html)

bhempfli 09-24-2013 12:35 PM

Los Angeles Auto Dealer - Anybody dealt with them?

Just got off the phone with one of the sales guys at Shift Bespoke Automotive. Have any of you guys worked with this company before? The gentleman who called me back from the dealership seemed very nice and well educated.

Thanks in advance...B

ard 09-24-2013 07:15 PM

why would that matter at all?

Assume ALL of them are lying, dont rely on ANYTHING they say. Really very easy.

Have someone do a driveby; pay for a PPI at a shop that is highly recommended and trusted; fly in and buy it. Drive it home or pay $1500 to truck it back to TX.

Recognize that these guys are pros at becoming the person YOU need to feel you are speaking to....

Also, many car sellers make it their primary objective to NOT know about any bad news with their cars- a studied effort to not have to lie. Understand that when they say "there is absolutely zero evidence of any bodywork whatsoever- and we went over this baby with a fine tooth comb" means nothing.

GL

A

PS it is acceptable to post a thread saying "can someone do a driveby" or "anyone recommend a shop in ___" (actually the latter you can find a few already for socal)

bhempfli 09-24-2013 07:42 PM

Drive by in Laguna hills

Originally Posted by ard (Post 3944177)
why would that matter at all?

Assume ALL of them are lying, dont rely on ANYTHING they say. Really very easy.

Have someone do a driveby; pay for a PPI at a shop that is highly recommended and trusted; fly in and buy it. Drive it home or pay $1500 to truck it back to TX.

Recognize that these guys are pros at becoming the person YOU need to feel you are speaking to....

Also, many car sellers make it their primary objective to NOT know about any bad news with their cars- a studied effort to not have to lie. Understand that when they say "there is absolutely zero evidence of any bodywork whatsoever- and we went over this baby with a fine tooth comb" means nothing.

GL

A

PS it is acceptable to post a thread saying "can someone do a driveby" or "anyone recommend a shop in ___" (actually the latter you can find a few already for socal)

Thanks for the answer, and more importantly for the advice on the drive by. If anyone lives out near Laguna Hills, I would love to have someone drop in on the car and give me an opinion on the car.

Thanks

FI_FTW 09-24-2013 10:36 PM

If you have lots of high res pics of the car, all you will need is a PPI and there are plenty of good shops in this area that can do it for you.

scsponger31 09-24-2013 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by bhempfli (Post 3944205)
Thanks for the answer, and more importantly for the advice on the drive by. If anyone lives out near Laguna Hills, I would love to have someone drop in on the car and give me an opinion on the car.

Thanks

I am 15 min away. Are they open on the weekends? I have to be in that area on Sunday. I also have a great shop close by.

ASLAN 09-25-2013 03:23 AM

Interesting. I somehow got on their mailing list and once in a while they send me some advertising. Looks like they deal in some nice stuff. But, as ard eloquently states, buyer beware!

rxbike 09-25-2013 10:26 AM

I'll be down there in mid october if you haven't had another feedback on it. I can also bring my durametric to scan it if they will let me

bhempfli 09-25-2013 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by scsponger31 (Post 3944325)
I am 15 min away. Are they open on the weekends? I have to be in that area on Sunday. I also have a great shop close by.

Thanks for the offer. I spoke with David and he said they were closed on Saturdays and pretty much work by appt. Which shop do you have and do you do PPI's?

bhempfli 09-25-2013 11:18 AM

He also said the car was checked by Vision Motorsports, are they known pretty well out there?

bhempfli 09-25-2013 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by rxbike (Post 3944589)
I'll be down there in mid october if you haven't had another feedback on it. I can also bring my durametric to scan it if they will let me

Thanks to you as well RXbike. If I hear some good things from the forum, I will probably have a PPI done but would love to have a set of eyes on it from a knowledgable owner.

My concern is in the intangibles. I have seen several "perfect" cars that were "the nicest available today" and when I see them, there are imperfections. Dried out leather, sticky plastics, broken pieces here and there, etc. Things that indicate to me that maybe the owners weren't meticulous.

I fully realize these are 10-12 year old cars with nitpicks, but I think all of us have some things we can live with and some that we can't.
I have spent several hundred dollars now on different PPI's around the country, and keep telling myself to be patient and wait on a local car. But then a pretty car pops up and I start all over again.

scsponger31 09-25-2013 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by bhempfli (Post 3944647)
Thanks for the offer. I spoke with David and he said they were closed on Saturdays and pretty much work by appt. Which shop do you have and do you do PPI's?

Sorry, I was not very articulate. I personally do not own a shop, I just know of a great shop (Cape Auto).

I have been to Vision Motorsports, the owner Duane is a great guy. I would call him and ask if he remembers the car.

FI_FTW 09-25-2013 01:59 PM

Have them send the PPI report that was done by Vision. They are a reputable shop.

bhempfli 11-07-2013 04:21 PM

I talked to David several more times and he definitely seemed to be on the up and up. I ended up buying a carrera 2 locally while I wait for my perfect car, but I we would definitely work with him