996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Los Angeles Auto Dealer - Anybody dealt with them?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 12:35 PM
bhempfli is on a distinguished road
Los Angeles Auto Dealer - Anybody dealt with them?

Just got off the phone with one of the sales guys at Shift Bespoke Automotive. Have any of you guys worked with this company before? The gentleman who called me back from the dealership seemed very nice and well educated.

Thanks in advance...B

Old 09-24-2013, 07:15 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
why would that matter at all?

Assume ALL of them are lying, dont rely on ANYTHING they say. Really very easy.

Have someone do a driveby; pay for a PPI at a shop that is highly recommended and trusted; fly in and buy it. Drive it home or pay $1500 to truck it back to TX.

Recognize that these guys are pros at becoming the person YOU need to feel you are speaking to....

Also, many car sellers make it their primary objective to NOT know about any bad news with their cars- a studied effort to not have to lie. Understand that when they say "there is absolutely zero evidence of any bodywork whatsoever- and we went over this baby with a fine tooth comb" means nothing.

GL

A

PS it is acceptable to post a thread saying "can someone do a driveby" or "anyone recommend a shop in ___" (actually the latter you can find a few already for socal)

Old 09-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Drive by in Laguna hills

Originally Posted by ard
why would that matter at all?

Assume ALL of them are lying, dont rely on ANYTHING they say. Really very easy.

Have someone do a driveby; pay for a PPI at a shop that is highly recommended and trusted; fly in and buy it. Drive it home or pay $1500 to truck it back to TX.

Recognize that these guys are pros at becoming the person YOU need to feel you are speaking to....

Also, many car sellers make it their primary objective to NOT know about any bad news with their cars- a studied effort to not have to lie. Understand that when they say "there is absolutely zero evidence of any bodywork whatsoever- and we went over this baby with a fine tooth comb" means nothing.

GL

A

PS it is acceptable to post a thread saying "can someone do a driveby" or "anyone recommend a shop in ___" (actually the latter you can find a few already for socal)
Thanks for the answer, and more importantly for the advice on the drive by. If anyone lives out near Laguna Hills, I would love to have someone drop in on the car and give me an opinion on the car.

Thanks

Old 09-24-2013, 10:36 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
If you have lots of high res pics of the car, all you will need is a PPI and there are plenty of good shops in this area that can do it for you.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:37 PM
scsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bhempfli
Thanks for the answer, and more importantly for the advice on the drive by. If anyone lives out near Laguna Hills, I would love to have someone drop in on the car and give me an opinion on the car.

Thanks
I am 15 min away. Are they open on the weekends? I have to be in that area on Sunday. I also have a great shop close by.

Old 09-25-2013, 03:23 AM
ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !
Interesting. I somehow got on their mailing list and once in a while they send me some advertising. Looks like they deal in some nice stuff. But, as ard eloquently states, buyer beware!

Old 09-25-2013, 10:26 AM
rxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond reputerxbike has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be down there in mid october if you haven't had another feedback on it. I can also bring my durametric to scan it if they will let me

Old 09-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by scsponger31
I am 15 min away. Are they open on the weekends? I have to be in that area on Sunday. I also have a great shop close by.

Thanks for the offer. I spoke with David and he said they were closed on Saturdays and pretty much work by appt. Which shop do you have and do you do PPI's?

Old 09-25-2013, 11:18 AM
He also said the car was checked by Vision Motorsports, are they known pretty well out there?

Old 09-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Originally Posted by rxbike
I'll be down there in mid october if you haven't had another feedback on it. I can also bring my durametric to scan it if they will let me
Thanks to you as well RXbike. If I hear some good things from the forum, I will probably have a PPI done but would love to have a set of eyes on it from a knowledgable owner.

My concern is in the intangibles. I have seen several "perfect" cars that were "the nicest available today" and when I see them, there are imperfections. Dried out leather, sticky plastics, broken pieces here and there, etc. Things that indicate to me that maybe the owners weren't meticulous.

I fully realize these are 10-12 year old cars with nitpicks, but I think all of us have some things we can live with and some that we can't.
I have spent several hundred dollars now on different PPI's around the country, and keep telling myself to be patient and wait on a local car. But then a pretty car pops up and I start all over again.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:34 AM
scsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to beholdscsponger31 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by bhempfli
Thanks for the offer. I spoke with David and he said they were closed on Saturdays and pretty much work by appt. Which shop do you have and do you do PPI's?
Sorry, I was not very articulate. I personally do not own a shop, I just know of a great shop (Cape Auto).

I have been to Vision Motorsports, the owner Duane is a great guy. I would call him and ask if he remembers the car.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:59 PM
FI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond reputeFI_FTW has a reputation beyond repute
Have them send the PPI report that was done by Vision. They are a reputable shop.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:21 PM
I talked to David several more times and he definitely seemed to be on the up and up. I ended up buying a carrera 2 locally while I wait for my perfect car, but I we would definitely work with him