996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Durametric Logging 101: How to Log, What to Log, and What to do with it Afterwards

Old 04-03-2014, 04:05 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
What kind of sample rate are you guys getting with Durametric? I am logging 21 parameters and getting right at 70 lines of data per second.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
wow..... i am getting 11 lines for 8 parameters. and the sample data is set to fastest...

Old 04-03-2014, 05:44 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fadi
wow..... i am getting 11 lines for 8 parameters. and the sample data is set to fastest...
I am using the UMW data logger. It's super fast plus displays ignition retard in degrees for each cylinder. Very slick. I've never tried logging with Durametric.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:16 PM
mig.donnelly will become famous soon enough
boy these forum's are getting expensive - this thread and the recent one on tuning has convinced me I need a durametric too! Wonder how long I can spend before my wife becomes suspicious

Old 04-15-2014, 01:53 PM
Banned
group.america is on a distinguished road
Getting bizarre Durametric readings... ok on idle, then weird on WOT

Did a misfire cylinder test and it shows cyl 2 sometimes misfires... but here is my WOT test today (well up to about 5500 rpms in 3rd)

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
WOTLogApr14.pdf (109.5 KB, 274 views)
Old 04-26-2014, 11:06 AM
Bruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of light
Logging actual values problem.... finally solved.
2009 C2S

I noted in an earlier post that my Durametric Pro would not log actual values. I would get an error message. Durametric finally fixed this version 6.5.0.3 (This version is not available on their site as of this post).

I worked with them on and off since November of last year...... I collected data, ran beta programs, passed files back and forth.... on the phone with them. Anyway, finally they found the bug and fixed it.

So, if you are having trouble reading actual values, contact support.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Old 07-04-2014, 03:50 AM
johnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud of
What sort of Ignition degrees are you guys seeing under full boost? AIT is 36 degrees and 1 bar boost of K24 Hybrids.

Old 07-04-2014, 04:41 AM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
When the turbos hit you should see 10 to 12 dgrs, climbing to low 30s @6500+ rpms

Old 07-04-2014, 05:16 AM
johnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud ofjohnny.dangerous has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Fadi
When the turbos hit you should see 10 to 12 dgrs, climbing to low 30s @6500+ rpms
seeing 20-30 off boost but 10-12 on full boost

Old 07-17-2014, 10:35 AM
mbgt72 has much to be proud ofmbgt72 has much to be proud ofmbgt72 has much to be proud ofmbgt72 has much to be proud ofmbgt72 has much to be proud ofmbgt72 has much to be proud ofmbgt72 has much to be proud ofmbgt72 has much to be proud ofmbgt72 has much to be proud of
^Are you tuned or stock?

Depending on the tuner there are a couple different ways to make power with a boosted car. But comparing stock cars is pretty straightforward obviously.

Last edited by mbgt72; 07-17-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:35 AM
cam99 will become famous soon enoughcam99 will become famous soon enough
Is the excel file still available?

Old 12-03-2014, 08:06 AM
Its the map sensor that can not read past 2.5bar.. That 1.55bar you see is above ambient 1bar

Newer ecu can handle 4bar map sensors, 997.2 or stand alone ecu for example

Old 01-01-2015, 03:52 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
Does anyone have access to the files that used to be posted?

Old 06-30-2015, 07:01 AM
Ray_S is on a distinguished road
.. getting back to the knock issue and how to potentially discover it..

reading through some of my log files together with GT996 we still wonder if there are any signs to determine knock.

We assume some low octane gas to slow me down and make the DME operate in protective mode (ignition angles low, lamda values down to .75 on setpoint & actuals) but some more evidence would really help.
Will surely do more runs with higher octanes but with upcoming temps outside in the 90s not a very promising task next couple of days.

IAT range was perfect btw, no prob with that, mostly in the 40s max, one-time 53 (centigrades of course)..

Any help appreciated..

(btw - if you look for the excel file with Log Evaluation Formulas - I guess I can help, only I can probably only send via email as I have no pllace to upload it..)

Last edited by Ray_S; 06-30-2015 at 07:03 AM. Reason: added file
Old 08-15-2015, 05:09 PM
YJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond repute
Can someone post the formulas Spreadsheet again, the dropbox link is dead.

Thanks

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Durametric Logging 101: How to Log, What to Log, and What to do with it Afterwards