996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Liquid Latex

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 07:56 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Question Liquid Latex

Anyone know of a place to get this stuff. Not looking to buy it from a kink/**** shop. A racing or industrial suppy source would be preferred. Thanks...

Old 11-14-2003, 08:26 AM
maxiter is on a distinguished road
You just eliminated my only suggestion.

Here's one place from a quick search:

http://store.planetcostume.com/custo...8&cat=3&page=1

Old 11-14-2003, 08:55 AM
Jack(LA) is on a distinguished road
Re: Liquid Latex

Originally posted by rockitman
Anyone know of a place to get this stuff. Not looking to buy it from a kink/**** shop. A racing or industrial suppy source would be preferred. Thanks...
Here you go....Latex Protection

Old 11-14-2003, 09:07 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Liquid Latex

Originally posted by Jack(LA)
Here you go....Latex Protection
Perfect Jack...Just what the doctor ordered!!!

Old 11-14-2003, 09:25 AM
maxiter is on a distinguished road
Hey, cool. Phil's Latex is a stones throw away from me.

Old 11-14-2003, 09:46 AM
Put an order in for 2 qts. from Phil's. He also has another product not on his site that is a clear plastic film held on with a soap type adhesive, water soluable, that comes in 25' x 12" rolls. It is $30 per roll(used to protect car paint during shipping from the mfg). I ordered some of that too. He only does check through mail, no credit cards over the phone.

Thanks again Jack. He promised not to send me any deviant ****!!!

Old 11-14-2003, 09:55 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MWILENS is on a distinguished road
I would be careful

I spoke to Larry Reynolds at Carcareonline and he advised against it. He said he has seen situations where the paint was damaged.

Old 11-14-2003, 09:59 AM
Re: I would be careful

Originally posted by MWILENS
I spoke to Larry Reynolds at Carcareonline and he advised against it. He said he has seen situations where the paint was damaged.
careful of the latex or the plastic film???Both are water soluable, so I don't see how it can hurt the paint.
especially with a well waxed paint job. This guy says he sells it to racers all of the time...

Old 11-14-2003, 10:16 AM
I would expect him to say that

call larry reynolds at carcareonline and see what he has to say. The guy is pretty smart when it comes to paint

Old 11-14-2003, 10:18 AM
Thanks Mike...

Old 11-14-2003, 10:58 AM
Jack(LA) is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: I would be careful

Originally posted by rockitman
careful of the latex or the plastic film???Both are water soluable, so I don't see how it can hurt the paint.
especially with a well waxed paint job. This guy says he sells it to racers all of the time...
You're welcome for the lead. BTW, Watt has used the latex product on his SY GT2 many times with no problems. He paint rolls it on and peels it off. You might want to contact him and get a full report on his firsthand experience with this product.

Also, Dan turned me on to this product which works very well for protecting the hood -- Track Skin

Of course, you could always go with the custom "blue tape" bra approach -- very paint safe. [

Old 11-14-2003, 11:10 AM
I use trackskin

the trackskin is a great product and actually stays on at 150 at the Glen. Other products I have used come off

Old 11-14-2003, 11:19 AM
Thanks Jack, I sent a PM to Watt...

Old 11-14-2003, 02:16 PM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Of course if you are in the front of the pack you don't need to concern yourself with stone chips.

Actually, please continue this post, I am finding it very informative. I knew Watt used the latex but I don't know anything about it.

Old 11-14-2003, 02:26 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
latex glow

in the Nevada sun

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Liquid Latex