996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What seats do you have in your 996tt?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 06:43 PM
viprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond repute
OEM GT3 Savannah beige seats along with Schroth GT3 harnesses

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	825.9 KB
ID:	429122  
Old 09-25-2015, 06:51 PM
Point2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to behold
I have the Euro GT3 seats in my car. It was pretty tough to find them in grey to match my interior. When I saw this set for sale, I just jumped on it and bought at the seller's asking price. I love these seats! They are such an improvement in both comfort and support over the standard US market seats.

Name:  image_zpspfx0f4jg.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  212.3 KB

As you can see in the pic, the driver's seat was bolted directly to the floor. I've since installed OEM sliders, which raise the height a little.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:36 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !

Old 09-25-2015, 10:46 PM
awdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant futureawdbiturbo1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
Honestly, the OEM sport seats were the worst as far as comfort goes. Contrary to what you would think by looking at them, the most comfy were the OEM GT3 Euro seats. I could spend hours in the GT3 seats without any discomfort whatsoever. The bonus of the GT3 seats is that you will never loose a nickel on them if you take care of them. I bought mine for $3K almost 4 years ago and just sold them for $4.2K. The OEM seats are made by Recaro. Avoid all the Chinese knockoffs that the ebay market is flooded with. Lots of good brand name FIA certified choices out there that won't brake the bank.
I had major back discomfort with the oem non sport seats. I just recently installed a pair of oem recaro gt3 buckets, They are indeed incredibly comfortable!!

Old 09-26-2015, 07:54 AM
Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !
I, like you, wanted something "middle of the road" so I studied and asked and then these popped up in the market place, https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ine-seats.html
I had my upholstery shop recover with factory Savannah Beige and tried to make them as factory looking as I could even painting/clear coating the seat belt rings in the headrests silver. I really like them and I can still have my grandchildren get in the back seats! Wifey likes to recline on long trips so it was a win...win! I made my own slides. I realize that type of work is not for everyone, but look long and hard before making a decision. I have a really bad back and the factory seats were brutal!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2104.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	429137   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2105.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	429138   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2106.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	429139  
Old 09-26-2015, 08:00 PM
johnkent1212 is on a distinguished road
Looks great and seem to be comfy. These are sliders and not electric correct?

Originally Posted by Wealth Manager

Old 09-26-2015, 09:07 PM
Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !Wealth Manager Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnkent1212
Looks great and seem to be comfy. These are sliders and not electric correct?
Brackets on sliders.....

Old 09-27-2015, 08:00 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
for those that have never sat in a fixed back seat let me just say getting in and out of them can be challenging to avoid crushing the padding on the side bolster. and your g/f /wife WONT like them at all if she has a short dress on! the flash show is unavoidable. just a heads up

Old 09-27-2015, 09:03 AM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vantaredoc
I, like you, wanted something "middle of the road" so I studied and asked and then these popped up in the market place, https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ine-seats.html
I had my upholstery shop recover with factory Savannah Beige and tried to make them as factory looking as I could even painting/clear coating the seat belt rings in the headrests silver. I really like them and I can still have my grandchildren get in the back seats! Wifey likes to recline on long trips so it was a win...win! I made my own slides. I realize that type of work is not for everyone, but look long and hard before making a decision. I have a really bad back and the factory seats were brutal!
Okay now these I think I could handle! Like Krazy said, fixed back has a fair share of issues. I find that in long drives I tend to slightly adjust the seat to relieve my back as I'm sure passengers might like to do. Going to have to look at these although the bracket situation might be a problem.

Edit: wow heated too?! How much do they weight and how much room between the bolsters? I've sat in a few seats where I'm on top of the bolsters not IN the damn seat. If these aren't a huge increase in weight over the sport seats I may be hunting a pair!

Last edited by BLKMGK; 09-27-2015 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:17 AM
Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !Vantaredoc Is a GOD !
I don't know the exact weight other than they are considerably lighter than the factory adjustable seats. They are larger in person and plenty of room. I tried to sit in the fixed seats and absolutely hated them. These are awesome!

Attached Images  
Old 09-27-2015, 09:28 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
Recaro Sport Toplines, or Cobra Misano's for daily driver cars

the new corbeaus are pretty nice too

Old 09-27-2015, 02:09 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
just remember for those looking at the toplines and running any kind of racing harness, the pull down brackets on the harnesses won't fit thru the holes. you have to run the straps thru first then attach them to the rollbar. so they are always in the way if your on the street. just a fyi

Old 09-27-2015, 04:40 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
agree also the sport toplines are great for a street dual duty car.
i thought the advantage also was they accommodated the oem belts for those not wanting mess with scroth or other harness or whatever. those suckers are NOT cheap, esp when two toning/alcantara inserts etc.

it reminds me of oem gt2 bumper parts. sure its great stuff, but a lot of bread for a really getting old car esp when the added parts will never really accrue to its market value in any significant way.. i once lost a set by "watching them" on ebay for only like $2200 black w/alcantara. i wont make that mistake again. i HATE my nasty old seats.

nice work also to vantaredoc. very nice upgrade, looks sharp.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:14 PM
B8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond reputeB8_RDC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by viprklr
OEM GT3 Savannah beige seats along with Schroth GT3 harnesses
Nice! I have always like the savannah interior and GT3 "aliens" are a good addition.

I'm going with Status racing setup in perforated black leather.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:48 PM
996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute
RECARO PROFI for the drivers seat and the SPEED for the passenger, which allows me to fold down the seat for access to the rear.

Attached Images  

Last edited by 996TWINS; 09-28-2015 at 12:51 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What seats do you have in your 996tt?