996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Vivid racing ripped me off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 03:48 AM
Neil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud ofNeil A has much to be proud of
Sounds like shocking service and how can they argue about the studs , they were clearly advertised falsely.
In some of the pics in the original forsale post at least one of the liners looks to have a ring mark on the case looking like it had previously had a selling ring clamped on it.

Last edited by Neil A; 05-10-2016 at 04:20 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:58 AM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by e8_pack

Thanks for keeping the thread up though, much appreciated.
Im pretty damn sure all the members are going to be pissed if this thread is taken down.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:16 AM
0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by timccloud
Im pretty damn sure all the members are going to be pissed if this thread is taken down.
+1

Old 05-10-2016, 05:52 AM
BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear youre going through this but thanks for the heads up. They will never get my business.

Hopefully, they will make good by you. Especially if they see how much damage it caused to their reputation.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:06 AM
TXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud ofTXTurbo996 has much to be proud of
That engine was for sale for quite awhile. At the time, I considered jumping on it myself, as a 4.0 18G car would be quite fun.

But Vivid's reputation steered me clear. From what I remember from the sales thread, a customer of theirs had bought all this stuff and then decided not to go through with their build. If Vivid had really wanted to sell this properly, they would have just spent some extra money way back then and had the engine assembled and sold it that way, instead of trying to do it as a bucket of parts that sat around forever.

I hope some sort of compromise can be reached.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:41 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
Gunther, wrong again...this thread will not be closed by me...it might be closed by IB...not much I can do about that and not much I can do to help the op because he left us out of the loop...if he would have contacted us (mods) earlier we may have been able to intercede...now the damage has been done, Vivid is suitably embarrassed and nothing will get fixed...personally, I don't like flame threads because it takes away any opportunity for me to intercede and try to help the member...they just **** off the perp and steel them against putting forth any effort to make it right
Chuck it is good that things have changed here. Kudos for sure! All I can talk about is my first hand experience when I called out a vendor that had lied and cheated me.

Now let's see if this vendor makes it right? Or if they blow this off and still troll these waters like the crooks that cheated me still do?

It is satisfying and disappointing at the same time that many others have called out the same vendor I have problems with.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:41 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I appreciate that, Gunther...I need to amplify my comments some since I didn't mean to add to the op's bad experience...I also did not mean that threads like this are not helpful to members...let me say that we expect the very best from our vendors in product quality and service and sometimes they miss the mark...in this particular instance it looks like they missed the planet....I only meant that we like to have a shot to make things right before an issue hits the forum...hope the op can get some remedy

Old 05-10-2016, 10:44 AM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
I was about to order a another Vorsteiner bumper from them, After how I see they are treating this situation I will take my business somewhere else.
Thanks for the warning,
Matt

Old 05-10-2016, 11:33 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
I was just about to spend ONE MILLION DOLLARS at Vivid, now I'm not gonna. I think I'll save it now.

Old 05-10-2016, 12:32 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Crickets from the vendor ......

Old 05-10-2016, 01:39 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brnrdtns
I was just about to spend ONE MILLION DOLLARS at Vivid, now I'm not gonna. I think I'll save it now.
same here but only 10k .

Old 05-10-2016, 01:51 PM
stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
I appreciate that, Gunther...I need to amplify my comments some since I didn't mean to add to the op's bad experience...I also did not mean that threads like this are not helpful to members...let me say that we expect the very best from our vendors in product quality and service and sometimes they miss the mark...in this particular instance it looks like they missed the planet....I only meant that we like to have a shot to make things right before an issue hits the forum...hope the op can get some remedy
I tip my hat to you.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:39 PM
REDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud ofREDLINER911 has much to be proud of
Buying an abandoned project from a non-reputable engine builder was pretty risky, imo. I remember seeing that engine for sale for the longest time.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:57 PM
su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !su_maverick Is a GOD !
Annnnnnd now I have Billy Joel stuck in my head

Thanks

Old 05-10-2016, 04:51 PM
timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !timccloud Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by su_maverick
Annnnnnd now I have Billy Joel stuck in my head

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.