996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Key Fob\ Remote Teaching and other diagnostics - Foxwell NT510

Old 04-25-2017, 06:15 AM
r6vr6 is a name known to allr6vr6 is a name known to allr6vr6 is a name known to allr6vr6 is a name known to allr6vr6 is a name known to allr6vr6 is a name known to all
Key Fob\ Remote Teaching and other diagnostics - Foxwell NT510

Just wondering if any members have the Foxwell NT510 for Porsche:

Amazon Amazon

I saw that ECStuning released a Schwaben branded unit. I contacted them but the sales person did not have any details because the unit was new. I have contacted Foxwell and have exchanged some emails with them and also ran across the Foxwell branded unit for substantially less $$. The unit is advertised as being able to program keys just wondered if anyone has used it for that as I have a new key\fob\head\remote to program to my car.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:06 PM
infinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to behold
Where does it mention key fob programming?

Old 04-26-2017, 06:19 PM
r6vr6 is a name known to allr6vr6 is a name known to allr6vr6 is a name known to allr6vr6 is a name known to allr6vr6 is a name known to allr6vr6 is a name known to all
In the documentation I received from Foxwell and in some other listings for the device (eBay, obd websites)

Old 04-26-2017, 10:58 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
If it can code keys I'll be interested to learn more. What else can it do that a standard reader can't? Anything Durametric can't do other than keys?

I'd be interested in the OBD sites you've been researching as well too honestly!

Old 04-27-2017, 06:04 AM
I have attached a document that I have received from Foxwell. The obd sites I looked at were results from searching "foxwell NT510 porsche key programming"

I have been in contact with a NT510 vendor and he happens to have a 2004 C4. He stated that he was going connect a NT510 and see if it looked like it worked. He originally stated that it did not but he seemed curious after I sent him the Foxwell document.

I have also been in contact with another reasonably priced diagnostic tool vendor and they are working on key programming functionality which should be ready this summer. I also asked them if they could include toggling the "Child Seat Occupancy" setting as my car has the seat bar installed along with the "CSO" set to active. They said they would look into that as well.

Looking at the repair manual that can be found on line I just need the Key "learning code from IPAS" if I can find the right diag tool.

Attached Files
Old 04-27-2017, 12:40 PM
infinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by r6vr6

I have also been in contact with another reasonably priced diagnostic tool vendor and they are working on key programming functionality which should be ready this summer. I also asked them if they could include toggling the "Child Seat Occupancy" setting as my car has the seat bar installed along with the "CSO" set to active. They said they would look into that as well.
If you can find one that does the CSO, i really need to do mine. I dont want to go to the dealer if i dont have to. I have been trying to find someone that has a PST-2, or piws local, but no luck.

Old 05-02-2017, 08:59 AM
I received word back from the vendor that happened to have a 2004 C4 and he reported the key programming did not function. It looks like I'll be waiting a little while and see if the other diagnostic tool company comes through with the key programming functionality they are working o

Last edited by r6vr6; 10-24-2018 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:03 AM
tuita is an unknown quantity at this point
Foxwell nt510 For my 2011 GM Sierra 2500 HD which bought from here: http://www.chinacardiags.com/wholesa...obd-16390.html

It will read the TMPS sensors and show if they are active but they do not relearn the location of the sensor to the vehicle.
Also as far as a key FOB all it does is check the signal strength of the key FOB, does nothing for the RE-programming aspect.

CAN be used for bleeding the brakes & for actuation of the ABS pump, and also used to code a new battery.

CAN read live transmission fluid temperature for Audi, VW

CAN do DPF regeneration on Honda 2011 dtec

CAN do F-250 xlt superduty

CAN do OBD2, CAN, TPMS, and SRS of 5.4L v8

CANNOT handle all programming on Audi A3 8p 2009, like add footwell lights as well as electrical diagnostics etc; but can do this on other models for Audi 2009 comes without this system

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.