996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

996tt shocks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 06:22 PM
rizzobike is an unknown quantity at this point
996tt shocks

guys I’m new to this site. I’ve had my 996TT for several years and have just recently replace the front shocks with Bilstein B6. Unfortunately when I replace the shocks I was unaware that the rear shocks were on back order for more than a year. It appears there is no for seeable date as to when these rear shocks will become available. As you might expect the handling on the car is somewhat compromised by new shocks in the front and old in the rear.

Does anyone out there know are there sharks at a relatively compatible to the B6 Bilstein inTerms of similar performance compression and rebound etc. I would greatly appreciate anyone’s input thank you

Old 10-29-2019, 06:24 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Most people just install coilovers.

Old 10-29-2019, 06:34 PM
Thanks I appreciate your quick response thank you. I have already however had the front shocks installed several months ago and would prefer to keep them on since I only drive the car in the street. I’m trying to keep the car relatively stock. What I was trying to find out Is if there is a model of Koni or KYB for example with similar performance as the B6 Bilsteins

Old 10-29-2019, 11:27 PM
JSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond reputeJSBear has a reputation beyond repute
Did a quick Google search and found the following. I can't vouch for this place, but maybe a place to start? Call them, see what they say?

Rear Shock

Old 10-30-2019, 09:33 AM
996tt shocks

I want to thank you again for checking that out. I just got off the phone with them they around just like everybody else in the country and in Europe.

Once again much appreciated