996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

need help with rear wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 04:52 PM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of
need help with rear wheel spacers

My rear wheels are 19 x 11 and I just put some 305 30 19 tires on. After getting them mounted the wheels are rubbing the liner on either side of the inside side walls. Currently there are no spacers on the car. What size spacer should I use, and will it be necessary to space the front wheels out even though they fit fine and sit flush to car. Any help will be greatly appreciated as it's been almost 2 weeks since I've driven and I'm having withdrawals.

Old 05-28-2017, 05:08 PM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
What offset are the wheels?

I'm running 19x11 with 295/30, my rear offset on the wheels is 40mm. I'm running 8mm spacers so my effective offset is 32mm. No rubbing.

305/30 is slightly bigger depending on brand/model tire but that should get you in the ballpark.

If the fronts are flush to where you are happy and no issues then you can leave them alone.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:20 PM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of
Here are wheel specs.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:46 AM
vogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond repute
I run Pilot Super Sports in 305/30 on a 19x11 wheel with 42mm offset. I used 7mm spacers to pull the inside of the tire away from the liner and flush it up with the fender. I then rolled the fenders. Fits perfectly.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:19 AM

Here is fitment and area rubbing, I got an alignment to see if that would help...it didn't. I ordered a set of 15mm spacers. Are these narrow body wheels, is that the issue?

Old 05-30-2017, 05:43 AM
gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !gophaster Is a GOD !
Atrox, I think 15mm spacers will be too much. (You will definitely have to roll fenders) 40 offset on an 11 is conservative but ok for widebody. 305/30/19 is quite a bit larger overall diameter than stock. I think 15's will push the wheels too far out...something like 5-8 mm will probably do the trick.

Last edited by gophaster; 05-30-2017 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:45 AM

15mm is about 5/8 inches. Here's some better shots with car for perspective. It looked like 7-10 mm would not have been enough to keep from rubbing.

Last edited by Atrox; 05-30-2017 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 07:02 AM
Yup, I see....it won't hurt to give it a shot! are your fenders rolled? Thinking you will likely have to do so. Keep us updated.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:07 AM
Btw, here is a shot of mine with 8mm spacers and 19x11 40mm offset, fenders not rolled...

Old 05-30-2017, 07:22 AM
Your stance looks great, those wheels

really dont want to roll fenders ill try the 15mm and see how they fit. They were cheap enough and I can always return them for a smaller size. Thank you for your help.

The tire/wheel options on this car are enough to make you go crazy.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:33 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Your offset does not look like narrow body. Installing the GT2 wheel liner bracket to pull the inner liner a little more out of the way will likely help. Supposedly a pretty easy install mod.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:33 AM
vogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond repute
I also agree 15mm will be too much. I have a nearly identical rear setup to you Atrox and 7mm worked perfect for me and gives me about 2mm of space between liner and tire. Since I'm running a 42mm offset wheel vs. your 40mm mine actually sits in 2mm closer to the fender than yours.

Last edited by vogz; 05-30-2017 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-30-2017, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by vogz
I also agree 15mm will be too much. I have a nearly identical rear setup to you Atrox and 7mm worked perfect for me and gives me about 2mm of space between liner and tire. Since I'm running a 42mm offset wheel vs. your 40mm mine actually sits in 2mm closer to the fender than yours.
can you post a pic of your setup

Old 05-30-2017, 09:56 AM
Here's my rear. Your rear will stick out a full centimeter further with a 15mm spacer.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo300.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	989.0 KB
ID:	477470  
Old 06-01-2017, 03:48 PM
After alignment and 15 mm spacers fitted car isn't rubbing anymore and no need to roll fenders.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.