996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

997 Sport Seats in 996tt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 12:15 AM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
997 Sport Seats in 996tt

Hey guys,

I've done some googling but haven't found any truly straight answers or instructions on how to adapt 997 seats into a 996.

I have a lead on a great deal for some 997 18 way adaptive sport seats that I was hoping to fit into my 996tt.

Anyone done this successfully? Any detailed insight on what would work and what wouldn't? Detailed instructions on what one must do with electrical connections? Any issues with airbags? Etc?

Anything anyone can provide has help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Old 06-29-2017, 06:02 AM
Sveach756 is on a distinguished road
I'm in the same boat right now but non-sport alcantara 997 power seats. The passenger side is pretty straight forward it seems, just tap power to power. The drivers side however isn't as straight forward at least for me because of the memory computer on the 997 seats. The 997 and 996 seats controllers are different, so far I've found the link below which pretty much says splice into the power for positive control wire.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...s-996-a-2.html

Old 06-30-2017, 10:20 AM
MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !MotoJB Is a GOD !
Thanks, yeah the ones I see in that thread seem to be manual...the seats I am talking about are 18 way adaptive, fully electronic with adaptive/adjustable side bolstering, heat, etc...fully electronic. Not sure if I will be able to get electronic fore/aft or side bolstering to work. I do not expect side airbags, of course. Thoroughly confused!

Old 06-30-2017, 01:49 PM
I'll get a picture for you of what the underneath look like today/tomorrow of the power seats I'll be putting in. In the end you just need power to each switch, the ground is central in the harness if I remember right.
Shawn

Old 06-30-2017, 01:52 PM
Found this...does this look like the way to go?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti..._997_seats.htm

Old 06-30-2017, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by Sveach756
I'll get a picture for you of what the underneath look like today/tomorrow of the power seats I'll be putting in. In the end you just need power to each switch, the ground is central in the harness if I remember right.
Shawn
Thanks! Much appreciated!

Old 06-30-2017, 07:34 PM
Alright so the first pictures are the drivers side and then the passenger side for comparison. The larger wires per the boxster thread you mentioned are power wires for each harness. If you haven't found the thread w the power wire discussion let me know and I'll post it later.

Fair warning I haven't installed these yet but there is no reason that we would be unable to power the motors for each adjustment. Also my seats pictured are 997 non-sport power adaptive without heat to the best of my knowledge right now (I just got them a few weeks ago)
Shawn

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo143.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	775.8 KB
ID:	479262   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo970.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	846.1 KB
ID:	479263   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo48.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	876.5 KB
ID:	479264   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo833.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	884.9 KB
ID:	479265   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo873.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	875.9 KB
ID:	479266  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo505.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	924.7 KB
ID:	479267   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo153.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	911.3 KB
ID:	479268   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo926.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	947.3 KB
ID:	479269  
Old 07-05-2017, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by Sveach756
Alright so the first pictures are the drivers side and then the passenger side for comparison. The larger wires per the boxster thread you mentioned are power wires for each harness. If you haven't found the thread w the power wire discussion let me know and I'll post it later.

Fair warning I haven't installed these yet but there is no reason that we would be unable to power the motors for each adjustment. Also my seats pictured are 997 non-sport power adaptive without heat to the best of my knowledge right now (I just got them a few weeks ago)
Shawn
Awesome, thank you so much...very helpful. Looks like we have the same seats.

Found a place willing to redo the wiring but they want $$$. Trying to decide what to do.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
take the price of the seats plus the price of the wiring change. add it up and spend that money on a set of recaro cs sportsters. better seats and the value of them doesnt go down like stock seats do
Won't likely go for sportsters but in general, that's the plan now.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:41 AM
levinsje is a splendid one to beholdlevinsje is a splendid one to beholdlevinsje is a splendid one to beholdlevinsje is a splendid one to beholdlevinsje is a splendid one to beholdlevinsje is a splendid one to behold
I love my Racaro sport topline seats.
They give good support, have heating/cooling/lumbar adjustment/power up & down/manual forward & back adjustment.
Kind of a PITA to install as the fit is tight and you need to do some minor soldering for the wiring but well worth it. I had the "comfort" leather OEM seats before and hated them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.