996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Drop links and kw coilovers

Old 09-06-2017, 07:46 PM
jdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to behold
Drop links and kw coilovers

Is anyone currently using kw coilovers with tarett droplinks in the front or rear? Can you comment on fitment issues?

Old 09-06-2017, 08:44 PM
nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !
I know this isn't what you asked, but I'd thought it could give you more info. I have KWV1 coilovers, stock front sway with KW supplied drop links. Rear is Eibart adj sway with stock drop links.

Old 09-07-2017, 04:47 AM
jdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to behold
Do you know if the stock drop links would work? Or you had to use the kw ones

Old 09-07-2017, 07:52 AM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Tarrett has quite the assortment of different length and solution drop links. I would be shocked if the could not get you a solution. And they are really quality pieces.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:04 AM
nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !nick49 Is a GOD !
The OE stock links won't work on the front. If you buy a new KW V1 kit, they are included, as is everything else needed.

Old 09-11-2017, 11:19 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Tarret + Ohlins were an issue. Bent the original ones. Tarret is aware of the issue and supposedly will send you a milled spacer for the drop links to avoid bending them. We fashioned our own by the time they came up with a solution.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...g-bending.html

Old 09-17-2017, 08:20 AM
PAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to all
I have KW Clubsports and Tarret drop links- no fitment issues.

Old 09-17-2017, 11:35 AM
Standard drop links or the extended ones?

Old 09-17-2017, 11:52 AM
PAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to allPAULUNM is a name known to all
Not sure, BBI sourced and installed them for a corner balance.

Old 09-18-2017, 05:19 PM
Any idea which version you bought from tarett? They make a bunch of different ends. Can you grab pics sometime?

Old 09-18-2017, 05:38 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jdexter
Any idea which version you bought from tarett? They make a bunch of different ends. Can you grab pics sometime?
You might just want to call Tarett. They were really knowledgable and seemed to know was needed based on suspension setup. Even with my Frankenstein setup they put me on the right path.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:02 PM
I already did. They were super cool about it, but didn't know the answer. The guy I spoke with was willing to exchange or return if it didn't fit. That's why I'm trying to find out, less mailing stuff cross country...

Old 09-21-2017, 09:27 PM
fasafulu is on a distinguished road
I have KW3s and had a nasty spring noise when I turned the wheel with the provided KW drop links installed. I used these (link below) which attach via the through bolt. Looks like they were for sale recently but just sold. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ront-pair.html

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.