996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Swapping out H&R Lowered Springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 08:44 AM
gadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to allgadangit is a name known to all
Swapping out H&R Lowered Springs

For coilovers. At least, that is my plan. I don't track the car and will only occasionally drive in a spirited way.

The PO installed the lowering springs and I'd like to improve the driving experience hopefully by reducing the harshness of the ride over bumpy roads. I also had trouble getting my alignment into spec, I think it is just too low. Perhaps the springs sagged a bit.

I could go with a set of B8 Bilsteins, but not sure that would improve anything, obviously won't change the ride height.

So I'm thinking some KW V1 or something along those lines. I've read countless posts on the coilovers, so it seems like a good way to go.

Anybody have thoughts about the approach? Anything in the suspension that I should upgrade while I'm banging around in there? Car has 46k miles.

Chris

Old 11-17-2017, 08:50 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
The H&R coilovers are your best bet if you dont like a bumpy ride. Track focused suspensions will be bumpy.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:10 AM
Third-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond repute
I had read the H&R springs on stock used shocks is the recipe for harshness. Stiffer springs without increased damping = jouncy. You might consider just adding a set of B8 shocks and shimming up for the ride height.

If you wait until after the first of the year it will tell you how it works because that is what i am bout to do.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:03 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
You need the coilovers with the dual rate springs. The H&R street and the Blistein PSS10 qualify.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.