996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What options are on my 996TT?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 11:00 PM
TexasNewfie has a spectacular aura aboutTexasNewfie has a spectacular aura aboutTexasNewfie has a spectacular aura about
What options are on my 996TT?

I recently purchased a 996TT with VIN WP0CB299X4S676647. The sticker under the bonnet is faded and unreadable and I don't have the original bill of sale or the window sticker. I noted from a previous post that the only way to tell the options was to look it up through the dealer's system. There was a link to admin.porschedealer.com that gave me basic info, indicating it was a 996TT, including the price and some build options, but not the complete list of options that may have been installed by the dealer at the time of purchase (for instance, the dealer installed an integrated radar/lazer detector). Can anyone help out?

On another note, when I called Geico to set up the insurance, the girl said my VIN kept coming up as a GT2. Its definitely not a GT2, no matter how much I want it to be. Does anyone have a clue where insurance companies get their vehicle data?

Old 11-13-2017, 05:10 AM
TexasNewfie has a spectacular aura aboutTexasNewfie has a spectacular aura aboutTexasNewfie has a spectacular aura about
Thanks 32krazy!

Old 11-13-2017, 05:37 AM
The attached build sheet from admin.porschedealer.com seems to suggest there were several options (maybe these were standard with the turbo?) from the factory but I was wondering if there was a way to find out what additional options were added at the dealer during the sale. As noted, there was an integrated radar/lazer detector installed during the original sale. Is this kind of information available in a database anywhere other than with the original dealer?

Attached Images  
Old 11-17-2017, 11:47 PM
RClurg84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Do you have the original manual that might be in the glove box? If so then you will find a duplicate sticker that list all the options. Example of mine is attached.

Old 11-19-2017, 04:45 AM
Thanks to alll who provided the online and PM info on this. At first I thought, 'damn, its a run of the mill 996TT' and then I realized DAMN, I FINALLY OWN A 996TT!

Old 11-19-2017, 09:45 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TexasNewfie
On another note, when I called Geico to set up the insurance, the girl said my VIN kept coming up as a GT2. Its definitely not a GT2, no matter how much I want it to be. Does anyone have a clue where insurance companies get their vehicle data?
You have already received help regarding the question of options.

Regarding the insurance when I went to insure my 2003 Turbo in June of 2009 after I had just bought the car I too ran into this GT2 business. With 2 insurance companies.

At the time it appeared the VIN database was not correct and the 996 Turbo VIN made it appear the car was a 996 GT2. I finally got this sorted out with Allstate then a month or so later after I had to drop Allstate because of the way it treated me when I filed a claim (hit a damn mule deer with my Turbo and was told "take it to a gas station to get it fixed") and then went with I think Farmer's I went through the same thing. Every time I called/visited the insurance office the cost to insure the car kept getting raised because of this GT2 business, and the Farmer agents were not very good.

Finally I visited a CSAA office near me and again the Turbo came up as a GT2. But the guy behind the counter accessed another VIN database I think the one used by the CA DMV and got "996 Turbo" and that was that.

Old 11-22-2017, 04:23 PM
techweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant future
The attached build sheet from admin.porschedealer.com seems to suggest there were several options (maybe these were standard with the turbo?) from the factory but I was wondering if there was a way to find out what additional options were added at the dealer during the sale. As noted, there was an integrated radar/lazer detector installed during the original sale. Is this kind of information available in a database anywhere other than with the original dealer?
I'd like to do this, as well, but is there any published login to admin.porschedealer.com

My VIN is WP0CB29924S676335

Old 11-25-2017, 08:57 PM
Techweenie, try this. You can check any car by just changing the VIN in the URL below and pasting in your browser.

http://admin.porschedealer.com/repor...CB29924S676335

Here are the details for your car.

Attached Images  
Old 11-28-2017, 02:08 PM
techweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant futuretechweenie has a brilliant future
Techweenie, try this. You can check any car by just changing the VIN in the URL below and pasting in your browser.

Thank you!!!

Old 11-28-2017, 09:50 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
try this. You can check any car by just changing the VIN in the URL below and pasting in your browser.

http://admin.porschedealer.com/repor...print.php?vin=
now, that! is a hat trick. nicely done.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:36 PM
bushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond reputebushrat has a reputation beyond repute

Just tried this and response was...web page not found...go figure, has been a lousy day from the get go

Old 11-29-2017, 03:45 PM
LukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to behold
On the bright side you have 1 of 1 convertible GT2s! If totalled you should get a fortune.

I have all my Pcars through Hagerty ins. including GT2 AND 7TT without flack given.

Old 11-29-2017, 09:53 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
these cars, while "special" to many of us, are no longer subject to ridiculous insurance rates, assuming one's driving record is intact, as they are 15 +/- year old cars.. i think i pay about 60 bucks a month for my current 96t on a multi vehicle policy.

Old 12-01-2017, 12:27 PM
Apex Factor is a jewel in the roughApex Factor is a jewel in the roughApex Factor is a jewel in the rough

I don't understand. My 911 Turbo never seems to work on things like this. Last time I went to the dealer they even had a hard time pulling it up.

Old 12-02-2017, 10:57 AM
pfbz is a jewel in the roughpfbz is a jewel in the roughpfbz is a jewel in the rough
I don't understand. My 911 Turbo never seems to work on things like this. Last time I went to the dealer they even had a hard time pulling it up
The admin.porschedealer database seems to start with the 2002 model year. I have yet to see a 2001 Turbo (or any other 2001 or earlier Porsche) pull up with the tool.

As for the OP's question, anything installed at the dealer or by the dealer isn't going to show up anywhere except maybe in the dealers own records... And most have changed their computer systems in the past ten years and purged most of the old stuff. Things like laser / radar systems, protection films, etc are rarely actually installed by the dealer, but subcontracted out to some shop and paid for through the dealer, so even more unlikely anyone is going to have any records except perhaps an original sales order in a dealer file somewhere.

Last edited by pfbz; 12-02-2017 at 11:00 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.