996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Stereo Headunit Upgrade on the 2002 Bose / Nav Turbo 996?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 02:34 PM
Third-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond repute
On mine it did, no radio code needed with the Dbl DIN head unit. BUT, i did not have factory nav. That seems to be the possible issue that no one has given a solid answer for.

Old 11-17-2017, 08:14 PM
GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !
The guys at CAI got held up so they didn't get back to me yet but hopefully I can get an answer from them next week so I can get a new head unit ordered.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:47 PM
GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !GetBoosted Is a GOD !
Talked to CAI and got the info on my upgrade needs. Great guys btw... very helpful.

So w/ the 2002 year, it is prior to the MOST fiber optics as some threads suggest even w/ the Bose setup. However this is one other step to look for if you have Nav... so if you have Nav then you need to check if you have DSP (should be an option in the audio settings where bass & treble are located). If you have DSP then you need to replace the Amp as well.

So w/ my car in particular, I don't appear to have the DSP option so it looks like I can just do a headunit swap. Rod @ CAI said that if I do end up deciding later that I want to upgrade the amp, they sell a kit (https://cai-store.com/collections/99...-amplifier-kit) that will really improve the sound. So I think I'm just going to try out a new head unit first then maybe consider upgrading that later if I want better sound but I don't really want that right now.

Wanted to make sure I shared my experience on the thread in case others are searching for this later.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:02 PM
uwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud of
CAI Rocks. I did my double din with their stuff too. They are very knowledgeable. I’m actually this second doing it in a 2001 that I just picked up. And installing a backup camera. Also just installed home link with auto dimming mirror. I like!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo643.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	516621   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo875.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	516623   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo377.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	516624  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.