996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tune?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 10:50 AM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of
Tune?

I’m a novice when it comes to tuning. Never done it, but I’m in the market. Currently car boosts to 1.2 when I floor it so I suspect it may already have a tune.

Is is there anyway to confirm this and find out who may have done the tune?

Car is stock and I’d like to keep it that way, id just like a simple remap to get a little more. Again I may already have the tune so I’m not sure where to go from here.

How do I confirm I have a tune, and is there anyway to have it looked at and determine if it’s ideal or needs a tweak?

Old 12-03-2017, 10:55 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
At 1.2 it has a tune or is broken. It would be a good idea to get a quality tune just to be sure.

Old 12-03-2017, 12:03 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Basic TT boost at .7 bar, X50 boost at 1 bar, you definitively have a tune and I would say a basic remap like I got on my car. Of course if you have the oem turbos installed....

Old 12-04-2017, 12:09 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
You could always check to see if the ECU looks like it's been opened up and modified. Usually, the seam around the ECU has been hacked away if so. This could mean the car is "chipped" or if you have non-OEM looking wires, it could have a piggy back tune on it.

The COBB Accessport for the 996 TT will allow you to flash the ECU with a modified file(tune), perfect if you have a stock car and want a 'Stage 1' tune. If you later decide to uninstall the Accessport, it'll put an OEM file right back on the car. So it's back to stock or tuned in just a few short minutes.

You'll also have the ability to capture datalogs with the Accessport and see exactly how the car is behaving. We'd even be happy to take a look at the logs for you to see if everything looks healthy

Here's the product: https://www.cobbtuning.com/products/...sche-996-turbo

And the map notes to go along with it: https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wik...6+TT+Map+Notes

Feel free to message me if you have any further questions!

-Charles

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 12-04-2017, 08:15 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Atrox
I’m a novice when it comes to tuning. Never done it, but I’m in the market. Currently car boosts to 1.2 when I floor it so I suspect it may already have a tune.

Is is there anyway to confirm this and find out who may have done the tune?

Car is stock and I’d like to keep it that way, id just like a simple remap to get a little more. Again I may already have the tune so I’m not sure where to go from here.

How do I confirm I have a tune, and is there anyway to have it looked at and determine if it’s ideal or needs a tweak?
1.2 bar seems like its mapped, but most k16 oem turbos cant even hold 1.2 bar... as we speak Im receiving pics from a client who wants me to tune the car but has no history on it.. I read the ecu and I know it has larger injectors as well as after market wastegates and he doesn't even know.... thus, this is a little more complicated then just a flash...
We can read it for free and show you whats been done as not all " tunes" are the same...
best
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.