996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

gearing 5th is 6th and 6th fifth WTF. please watch video ripped off

Old 12-12-2017, 06:33 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
it that's the only thing the shop missed on the PPI...i'd understand. Who's going to run it past 4th gear on a quick run and who the heck would check if 5th is 6th is switched...i mean how often does that happen. The seller?....hmmm

Old 12-12-2017, 06:52 PM
uwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by geetee
it that's the only thing the shop missed on the PPI...i'd understand. Who's going to run it past 4th gear on a quick run and who the heck would check if 5th is 6th is switched...i mean how often does that happen. The seller?....hmmm

Before I point any fingers I’m gonna see what the shop says.

But ya seems a little slim shady to me. After all he owned it for like 4 years

Old 12-12-2017, 07:34 PM
Former Vendor
BMRWC is on a distinguished road
5th and 6th are very close in size (since the tooth could is close) so they can be swapped on accident (not an excuse, just a fact). They’re not difficult to swap back though because the tail housing can be removed with the transmission still in the car. Just drop the front drive, lower the trans mount and end of the trans and pull the housing off.

That being said, the person doing it needs to know what they’re doing because there is a shim in there to set the gear heights so they mesh correctly. It may need changing.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:39 PM
uwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud ofuwrasta has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BMRWC
5th and 6th are very close in size (since the tooth could is close) so they can be swapped on accident (not an excuse, just a fact). They’re not difficult to swap back though because the tail housing can be removed with the transmission still in the car. Just drop the front drive, lower the trans mount and end of the trans and pull the housing off.

That being said, the person doing it needs to know what they’re doing because there is a shim in there to set the gear heights so they mesh correctly. It may need changing.

thabks at1st I thought I was going cookoo/)/)/

ill mention that to shop to op to see what they say. I’d love to do it myself but would want someone there that knew more than me (which isn’t much/)

Old 12-13-2017, 04:04 AM
stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !stevemfr Is a GOD !
Wholly poop! That has got to be the saddest thing I've ever read - both on Porsche repairs and sales. How can you call yourself a shop and do something like this? Even a DIYer should not have something like this happen (and then leave it that way!). And the seller? Sorry, I don't buy it. You automatically go through issues as a seller when you sell a car. For the seller to say he forgot is like a guy going on a date and forgetting his ex bobbitised him. It simply would not happen.

Sorry for you, uw. I'd def explore the possibility of getting some money back from the seller.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:55 AM
So this was the guys response. Total shady!!!! I want to wish him a happy holiday but this one is just down right funny. I'm going to see if it's possible to take him to small claims. Might be more trouble than it's worth but hell I got some airline miles/)). Ya he took care off the crappy PPI issues. The problem is the shop didn't disclose anything. They said it was a ok.
Totally shady.

Richard,

I am sorry. I should have told you about the gearing. To be honest, I simply forgot. I noticed it after I bought the car, but there wasn't any slipping or problems shifting, so I figured if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I drove with it like that the entire ownership of the car. I imagine it happened when the transmission was redone.

As I believe I told you, I didn't drive the car too much this summer. It was in the shop at the start of May, and when I got it back I had another toy that was occupying my time. So it had been a while since I had driven the car when I posted it for sale.

I'm not trying to say that is an excuse, I just want you to understand how it happened. So, once again, I am sorry.

I will say that I feel like I have worked with you every step of the way though. I knocked off the money you wanted for the new front tires, I took care of the issues found during the PPI, and I sent you money to fix the other issue that cropped up when you received the car. So I'm sorry you feel so poorly about me and this deal.

Have a Merry Christmas,

Michael

Old 12-13-2017, 08:27 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Yah lots of idiots out there, all around, I see them every day.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:14 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
You have a great sense of humor bud. Great thread. Definitely do what you can because this can haunt you especially when you go to sell it. Def not cool at all. Whatever I can do to help I will.

Old 12-13-2017, 02:36 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Chuck can’t you ban this sht bag ? He clearly ef’d the buyer on purpose

Old 12-13-2017, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
You have a great sense of humor bud. Great thread. Definitely do what you can because this can haunt you especially when you go to sell it. Def not cool at all. Whatever I can do to help I will.

thanks bud. I appreciate. I’m taking to shop next week. I thought it might be ok for me and I could live with it. But I’m gonna have them go over everything. I also bought some coilovers so I’ll have them install too.

The seller isnt isn’t going to do anything for me. I have no expectations. Fortunately I’ve been blessed with the ability to throw a little Money at it so I’ll chalk this one up as lesson learned.

Most of us have so much, in our lives, to be thankful for. ESP if we are on this site and driving the cars we do.
I’ve got three wonderful kids and a awesome wife, great job, a few nice rides, clean water and all the food I could ever want to eat.

Im not gonna let this sad guy ruin another second of my energy. I still don’t wish him well and hope his Aston Martin blows up

but who knows maybe he will grow a conscience and help me out with the repairs. I’m not holding my breath though

merry xmas to all of you and thanks for the support.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:17 PM
Stebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond reputeStebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by uwrasta993
thanks bud. I appreciate. I’m taking to shop next week. I thought it might be ok for me and I could live with it. But I’m gonna have them go over everything. I also bought some coilovers so I’ll have them install too.

The seller isnt isn’t going to do anything for me. I have no expectations. Fortunately I’ve been blessed with the ability to throw a little Money at it so I’ll chalk this one up as lesson learned.

Most of us have so much, in our lives, to be thankful for. ESP if we are on this site and driving the cars we do.
I’ve got three wonderful kids and a awesome wife, great job, a few nice rides, clean water and all the food I could ever want to eat.

Im not gonna let this sad guy ruin another second of my energy. I still don’t wish him well and hope his Aston Martin blows up

but who knows maybe he will grow a conscience and help me out with the repairs. I’m not holding my breath though

merry xmas to all of you and thanks for the support.
Classy post brotherman! You're totally right and good for you. The high road is an excellent road to drive a 996tt on!

Old 12-13-2017, 09:10 PM
Sailingfun is on a distinguished road
If the seller has a shred of integrity he will cover the cost to make the transmission right. Swapped gears is not something you forget because you are not driving the car much.

Old 12-13-2017, 09:53 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmy996
Chuck can’t you ban this sht bag ? He clearly ef’d the buyer on purpose
Hey, I'm following the lead of the OP, who has taken the high ground throughout...and he will be blessed in the long run for that...the seller is not a big seller on the forum (only one sale in quite a few years) or else I might take more action...he has shown his true colors and anyone can see that so why a ban? Besides, I'm giving him a chance to do the right thing...nes pa?

Old 12-16-2017, 11:23 PM
Off to the shop today. My mechanic laughed. What else can you do

Old 12-17-2017, 06:10 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by uwrasta
Off to the shop today. My mechanic laughed. What else can you do
you're handling this in an exemplary manner. at least nothing is "broken" and once inside and properly stacked! all should be well. it'll at least give YOU a chance to look at all your g50 internals, since who KNOWS what was/wasn't done last.

then you should be g'box issue free for years! GL and again, well played on YOUR part

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: gearing 5th is 6th and 6th fifth WTF. please watch video ripped off