996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

CA introduces Drive by MILE TAX!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 07:46 AM
Atrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud ofAtrox has much to be proud of
With natural disasters, high property costs, smog taxes, crazy liberals, sanctuary cities, I just don’t see the appeal of living in California. The irony is the whole area was settled largely in part to treat people who thought the air could treat tuberculosis.

Move to Texas!

Old 12-14-2017, 08:33 AM
vogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Goin2drt
Easy to say when you don’t live here. I travel a ton for work and when you see our gas prices .50-$1 higher than every other state and we literally have refineries all over the state is sick.

They continue to ADD taxes and the gubernment claims it has to because they need to fix this or that. Remember also the amount of revenue this state generates in property and income tax (by the way again one of the highest in the country) and we are full of billionaire, millionaire and +$2mil dollar homes in the numbers other states have mobile homes. When does the madness stop. When is enough, enough. Every year it is just more taxation.
If you are traveling FOR work, then your work should be paying for it anyway. If you are traveling TO work a long way, that's your problem. Live closer to work if it's that much of an issue.

I just posted that we have TOLLWAYS. If you commute long distances in Chicago, you are paying tolls. I have no problem paying to use good roads and I do it every day.

I wasn't talking about any other Cali taxes, and if you have that much of a problem with it then go somewhere else.

BTW - The state government doesn't collect property taxes, each municipality does and they mostly pay for schools.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:37 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
If you plan on moving....please don't come to Colorado.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:13 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by wross996TT
They are getting as bad as Kalifornia, would never. Especially Boulder. So many similarities with San Fran and Boulder politics and people.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:45 AM
Third-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond repute
Red face

You don't like California? Then stay home. We are doing just fine out here all by our selves.

Old 12-14-2017, 10:19 AM
vogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond reputevogz has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wross996TT
Dude drives a 15 GT3 and is *****ing about taxes....lolol

Old 12-14-2017, 12:38 PM
Aktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by vogz
Dude drives a 15 GT3 and is *****ing about taxes....lolol
BS tax is BS tax no matter how much wealth you have.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:41 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
exactly.

besides this "new" proposed "tax" is more about control and the limitation of freedoms through the enactment of economic restraints, than it is about "money to repair potholes". so a new tax while the borders remain porous, the govt rewards undocumented immigrants with handouts with "OUR" tax revenues?! and meanwhile CA burns to the ground and moonbeam says this is the "new normal"? oh, please.

oh, so much to say, and yet, so few reasons to even bother other than boiling frogs never even know what cooks them, because the increased HEAT was "incremental"

ya know what's next? having the apply for a permit for discretionary drives and checkpoints: "your papers, please"?

"California Uber Alles"

I am Governor Jerry Brown
My aura smiles
And never frowns
Soon I will be president...

Carter Power will soon go away
I will be Fuhrer one day
I will command all of you
Your kids will meditate in school
Your kids will meditate in school!

[Chorus:]
California Uber Alles
California Uber Alles
Uber Alles California
Uber Alles California

Zen fascists will control you
100% natural
You will jog for the master race
And always wear the happy face

Close your eyes, can't happen here
Big Bro' on white horse is near
The hippies won't come back you say
Mellow out or you will pay
Mellow out or you will pay!

[Chorus]

Now it is 1984
Knock-knock at your front door
It's the suede/denim secret police
They have come for your uncool niece

Come quietly to the camp
You'd look nice as a drawstring lamp
Don't you worry, it's only a shower
For your clothes here's a pretty flower.

DIE on organic poison gas
Serpent's egg's already hatched
You will croak, you little clown
When you mess with President Brown
When you mess with President Brown

[Chorus]

now. go ahead. laugh

Old 12-14-2017, 03:26 PM
Third-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond repute
I think if they just used the taxes they do get to actually fix roads and such we would be OK. Much of it get diverted somehow to somewhere.

Old 12-14-2017, 03:57 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
agree. i grew up in NY and Jersey. we had toll roads then too. but now they have "bridge gate".

from my perspective, it's a "related" point, if one catches my drift.

Old 12-15-2017, 06:21 PM
BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !
Yeah, this is why california is broke.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/24750...ign=benshapiro

Old 12-15-2017, 06:42 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TexasNewfie
I appreciate the OP's post, but as a new user of this site, it's a shame that here, on a car site, the politics can't stay out of it. I'm a Canadian so I understand the importance of quality taxation system. However, I also understand its a constant learning process. I now live in Texas so like many of you, I have to listen to enough ramblings about political nonsense on a day to day basis. I joined this forum so I could enjoy learning and participating in discussions that are important to car guys and California road taxes are one of them. Having also been a former Cali resident, I agree that their taxation system needs work in many areas, but they sure do have a lot of stuff right and they continue to be, by themselves, one of the largest global economies. However, their road are falling apart yet they remain the biggest car culture in the world. The pressure is on them, so let's sit back with a bag of popcorn and let them make the good and bad decisions and then learn from that. On the other end is Kansas, who has completely upended their taxation in the other direction and destroyed their education system. Hopefully, we can learn from them too.

I'm going to hop off now, because I get the feeling there are likely some trolls out there just waiting for someone to make a thoughtful point so they can eat them.
Meh ... if you really didn’t want to participate in a political thread you wouldn’t have posted.. you would of just skipped it

Old 12-15-2017, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by BauerR
Yeah, this is why california is broke.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/24750...ign=benshapiro
exactly, man. it's not that a "necessary" increase in revenue stream isn't needed given the current demands on revenues showing shortfalls? it's the HYPOCRISY of what "illegitimate spends" the govt makes without acceptable justification, that they use to justify further burdening CITIZENS to pay for their "people bomb/collapse from within", that has been largely responsible for CA's inability to pay its bills as is! we just HAD a NEW .50 tax on gas. who the FK R are they kidding??

i am certain if tax money wasn't spent to anchor families and children here of unknown origin? then we might in fact already HAVE the revenues needed to ensure the sanctity and smooth pavement of our entire state infrastructure. roads included.

this leads me to conclude their are more nefarious and insidious plans in play, and that they are NOT of CA state origin. the moonbeam jesuit just gets to play the "responsible sellout". again!

Old 12-15-2017, 10:04 PM
by the way, and not for nothin"

i fully realize this thread while well intentioned from inception might well be "out of place". so while i place no stock in some contributors that say that they might both "appreciate" the content or info, and then in the next sentence "complain"? lol. it would seem to be perfectly reasonable to me, if mods would please close it down, for being either "inappropriate"? or simply misplaced in this sub forum.

it's just i often feel i am a "clarion" call to increasing encroachments upon our personal freedoms, and saw the
"drive by mile" proposed new "tax" as further proof of that.. and i like to drive when and where i will, without reporting or filing a fkn flight plan and again, i KNOW this is coming also. whether i ever "live" to see it? is of no consequence. it's a portent of things to come.

so, please close it down, if this is inappropriate. no harm intended, and certainly "no foul". TIA.

by the way. would anyone like to suggest what spark plugs i should use?

Old 12-16-2017, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by Aktavate
BS tax is BS tax no matter how much wealth you have.
Pay for use is not a "BS tax".

There are plenty of "BS taxes" out there. Pay for use of our interstate system isn't one of them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CA introduces Drive by MILE TAX!