996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

How to??? Second fuel pump

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 12:28 PM
Mpsuk will become famous soon enough
How to??? Second fuel pump

Hi, can anyone point me in the direction of some instructions or guidelines as to fitting a second fuel pump and I’d it will provide enough fuel to feed my new tial 3076’s on non built motor. Thank you

Old 01-18-2018, 01:04 PM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
How much power are you looking for?

For 800hp can do a really simple and cost effective setup using an inline pump and bigger injectors, above that guess might need bigger lines too, not sure as I have done E85 compatible fuel system (complete) at once. But before that I used a simple Bosch inline pump and some 600s injectors and did 1.6bar on Tial3076s on stock engine.

Guess with 800s if the pumps and lines will support the flow, can get more than 800-850hp or maybe like 2bar from Tials if running race gas (no E85)

I have bought my inline kit from Markski maybe 7years ago, and the other one also from him but was custom made by an old member here. anyway today there are new more efficient pumps and technologies, also cheaper. but for 800hp my opinion is nothing can beat that simple inline pump. good luck

Old 01-18-2018, 01:14 PM
Thanks for that. I have 60lb injectors at the moment and will be running tial 3076. Any info on fitting this online fuel pump?

Old 01-18-2018, 01:19 PM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.markskituning.com/produc...mp-kit-850-hp/

some pics here, hope I am allowed to post this here.

I might still have those blue fittings somewhere as I have sold the pump, maybe can help you out with those if needed and you having the rest of components, free of charge. But will need to double check, lmk

Old 01-18-2018, 01:23 PM
I’ll buy those off you if you have them? I can get an 044 pump pretty easily

Old 01-18-2018, 01:26 PM
Under car one looks perfect, wouldn’t really want to lose fuel filter

Old 01-18-2018, 01:26 PM
ok will check on those fittings, free of charge, no need to buy But pls check on newer fuel systems options too, maybe better and cheap versions available now, I am a bit rusty as my 5year old fuel system is delivering all the power I need, and never looked back again in the market

Last edited by Fadi; 01-18-2018 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-18-2018, 01:34 PM
Thank you, very kind��

Old 01-18-2018, 02:51 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
I modified my stock basket that is in tank to fit dual Walbro 450s.

Old 01-18-2018, 02:54 PM
now this should be a better option if the budget will be acceptable

Old 01-18-2018, 03:05 PM
Ok, any pics? Or how too’s? Thanks

Old 01-18-2018, 03:44 PM
SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !SeattleTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mpsuk
Ok, any pics? Or how too’s? Thanks
ill try to find some pics.. i think i found it from another thread on here actually.

depending on your time line i will have my fuel system apart in hopefully the next month or two when engine is out so i can take fresh pics.

basically... you take the fuel pump basket out, remove stock pump... cut the lid enough to allow space for tops of both walbros to fit... cut slots in side of basket to run worm clamps around the pumps to hold them.. it's hard to explain, but really easy if you have it front of you. Then check valve in the line coming from each pump before you Y the fuel lines together to run back to the rail.

Old 01-18-2018, 04:30 PM
These pump are only £120 each in uk! Is that correct. Sounds very good value

Old 01-18-2018, 04:38 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mpsuk
These pump are only £120 each in uk! Is that correct. Sounds very good value
Do do it correctly, you will need a fuel pump controller to keep the pumps from overwhelming the fuel system during periods of off throttle / low demand. Even a single Walbro 450 will overwhelm a 3.8bar FPR if not scaled back. Good luck with your project...

Old 01-18-2018, 04:49 PM
Hmm. For now, before an engine build and Syvecs I may be ok just running an in-line 044? Just want it running well on the tial for a while so I can buy all the nice parts I want

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to??? Second fuel pump