996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

rear toe links

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 06:36 AM
993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !
yessir, recognize the 'Burban
fender height at top of tire seems to be a nice ride height for most, suspension still compliant and in good geometry and looks good without scrapping the ground too often

Old 02-22-2018, 07:56 AM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
this is good info, i drive rain or shine. And last thing i'd want to do is have to be replacing them yearly/every other year. Would it be worth replacing the original OEM with new OEM?

But maybe the solid thrust arm would be worth it. But i'm curious why everyone says non adjustable vs adjustable. And just do the rear correct?
If your car has a bunch of miles on it then I'd replace worn parts with OEM, maybe install solid non adjustable T/A bushings in the rear LCAs, get a good alignment and call it a day. There is no need to go monoball crazy. If you're tracking the car, then I'd get more serious about it and do your research. There is a ton of low end stuff out there with good marketing behind it. The real deal you normally don't see advertised. Just my $0.02...

Old 02-22-2018, 08:20 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
appreciate the two of you guys, been very helpful!

Old 02-22-2018, 08:41 AM
jdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to behold
For the beginner track guy like me, who wants to do more, what do you suggest as first upgrades... after the T/A bushings

Old 02-22-2018, 08:54 AM
Third-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond repute
Sway bars are next. Look at GMG or Ebiach for reasonable pricing. Factory gt3 are nice also $

Old 02-22-2018, 09:25 AM
jdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to beholdjdexter is a splendid one to behold
i've got H&R adjustable front and rear with tarrett drop links

Old 02-22-2018, 11:34 AM
while i'm asking questions... does anyone replace the oem bushings with things like powerflex... seems like a good intermediate step no one here has mentioned yet...

Old 02-22-2018, 02:13 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jdexter
For the beginner track guy like me, who wants to do more, what do you suggest as first upgrades... after the T/A bushings
Proper race seat with harnesses, HANS device, gloves, and a competent instructor to guide you along the way in the initial stages of progression. These cars are heavy so make sure you have good pads, fluid, and adequate cooling. Beyond that have fun and be safe.

Old 02-23-2018, 05:56 AM
993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !993GT Is a GOD !
+1, can never beat seat time
Originally Posted by pwdrhound
Proper race seat with harnesses, HANS device, gloves, and a competent instructor to guide you along the way in the initial stages of progression. These cars are heavy so make sure you have good pads, fluid, and adequate cooling. Beyond that have fun and be safe.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:02 AM
And my list grows... new tow vehicle, new trailer... good thing my wife doesn't check our bank account. My other car is a Tesla X at the moment... I don't know if it will tow the 996 very far...

Old 02-23-2018, 06:52 AM
TheDeckMan will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jdexter
And my list grows... new tow vehicle, new trailer... good thing my wife doesn't check our bank account. My other car is a Tesla X at the moment... I don't know if it will tow the 996 very far...
A good older V8 half ton truck or van makes a good tow rig. The vans work a bit better as finding them for cheaper as well as having some space inside for storing tools ect works great.

Some times finding someone getting out of doing DE events or upgrading means you can score a good deal on a rig and trailer in one shot.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:32 AM
s65e90 is infamous around these parts
Drive it like a man to the track and back home. You're doing DE not racing IMSA.

Old 02-23-2018, 10:37 AM
That's what I do...

Old 02-23-2018, 10:46 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by s65e90
Drive it like a man to the track and back home. You're doing DE not racing IMSA.

you're telling me i can't put the porsche on a trailer and tow it behind my '55 to go to costco for the hell of it?

Old 02-26-2018, 05:12 PM
MadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond reputeMadWhip has a reputation beyond repute
if you ever want to sell pss10s let me know

Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
I'm about to replace my PSS10's with Ohlins R&T's mainly because i can't get the PSS10's where I want them to be ride height wise.

Curious to see how alignment comes out without doing toe links or dog bones first.