996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

turbo to exhaust nuts? any better ones?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 02:00 PM
infinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to behold
turbo to exhaust nuts? any better ones?

I need to replace my nuts on my turbos that go to the exhaust. Previous owner rounded some and dont want to put those back on.

Just go with a grade 5-8 nut? copper? stainless?

thanks!

Old 05-07-2018, 05:37 PM
Third-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond reputeThird-Reef has a reputation beyond repute
Best would be M8 inconel nuts. I have been looking for them and unable to find them. Next are the plated Porsche locking nuts sold by a vendor like Pelican parts. Grade 8 nuts are not meant for high temp and will rust out in no time. do yourself a favor and search for the Nickle based anti-seize and use it with what ever you put on. Don't use the Copper based anti-seize as it plates out on the threads and makes the studs pull out next time you remove them, you could get by with stainless nuts also.

The Porsche nuts are pricey but worth every penny next time you try to remove them.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:04 AM
mxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond repute
Take your pick of either the brass or copper VW exhaust nuts.

Examples:
Copper -
Amazon Amazon

Brass -
Amazon Amazon

Out there you should be able to go to an air cooled VW shop local and pick them up.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:59 AM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
Thanks for the tip mxracer, I've been looking for something as well.

Old 05-08-2018, 12:07 PM
mxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond reputemxracer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brnrdtns
Thanks for the tip mxracer, I've been looking for something as well.
No problem.

Also of note is that the exhaust studs from air cooled VW work as well.

Example - http://www.mofoco.com/item/N144438_T...125_/3093/c165

Old 05-10-2018, 11:27 AM
nbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud ofnbressette has much to be proud of
These are what I used, I liked them because they were self locking and had a flange.

Amazon Amazon

Haven't backed off after a year or so of use.

Old 05-10-2018, 01:47 PM
infinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to beholdinfinkc is a splendid one to behold
Thanks everyone, going to get the flanged nuts. Will make it much easier to get a socket or wrench on also!

Old 05-10-2018, 02:07 PM
brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !brnrdtns Is a GOD !
I ordered the above posted brass ones.