996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Why do so many people swap out IC so frequently?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 03:56 PM
LukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to beholdLukesportsmanX is a splendid one to behold
Why do so many people swap out IC so frequently?

There always seems to be IC's for sale. Why is this part so readily swapped around? I get turbos or even exhaust as they change so many parameters, but unless substantially moving up air flow or changing the particular use of the car (one mile vs road race)I don't get it.

Every IC design swears to improve everything, even cheap off shore Ebay ones and obviously some designs fall short. But there are typically several good name/nice sized IC's for sale. After all the trouble to install/mod and tune I'm just surprised so many make it back to market.

Any insite? Are guys simply buying easy to install ones and then searching for ones with more volume or efficiency ?

Thoughts???

Old 05-17-2018, 09:46 PM
Aktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of lightAktavate is a glorious beacon of light
I'm guessing either people stepping up with turbo upgrades or going back to stock. I cant imagine many people switching between similar large ICs for fun.

Old 05-18-2018, 04:40 PM
crash41301 is a splendid one to beholdcrash41301 is a splendid one to beholdcrash41301 is a splendid one to beholdcrash41301 is a splendid one to beholdcrash41301 is a splendid one to beholdcrash41301 is a splendid one to beholdcrash41301 is a splendid one to beholdcrash41301 is a splendid one to behold
Sure wish we had this problem with coilovers....

Old 05-21-2018, 06:52 AM
BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !BauerR Is a GOD !
SRM 4.5" intercoolers are the only ones you need. Just don't waste your time and use standard end tanks

Old 05-22-2018, 02:51 PM
Former Vendor
SRM Engineering is infamous around these partsSRM Engineering is infamous around these partsSRM Engineering is infamous around these partsSRM Engineering is infamous around these parts
Contact us for our new 4.5 and 5 inch designs , thanks bauerR.

Last edited by SRM Engineering; 05-23-2018 at 05:34 AM.