996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

abs module

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 02:25 PM
#9shooter has a spectacular aura about#9shooter has a spectacular aura about#9shooter has a spectacular aura about
abs module

hey guys need some help. my abs module is messed up and im either trying to send it out to get it repaired or find one at a reasonable cost. i think Porsche sells it with the pump for over 3k trying to save a few bucks here anyone have any info that can help. thanks in advance everyone.

Old 03-15-2016, 02:42 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
I have a perfect condition ABS module that I removed from my 2002 996TT. PM me if interested.

John...

Old 03-15-2016, 02:49 PM
pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !pwdrhound Is a GOD !
Disregard post above. I just realized I sold the ABS pump a few months ago but still have the PSM pump and the YAW sensor. Sorry. Good luck with your search.

Old 03-16-2016, 04:02 PM
Kaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud ofKaizu has much to be proud of
How did you find out it's indeed the ABS module that's messed up?

I'm sure you know these cars inside out but just disclosing to other users that ABS failure is the most shown error in these cars and it has nothing to do with the ABS module.

Old 03-17-2016, 11:11 PM
#9shooter has a spectacular aura about#9shooter has a spectacular aura about#9shooter has a spectacular aura about
my mechanic chased it down. i have been chasing this issue down for a while and changed sensors to correct the issue but never worked. one of my buddies told me about a guy that knew alot about 911's so he went threw the car and traced it back to the module..

Old 03-18-2016, 06:54 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
ABS is a veryuncommon failure. What are symptoms? I have been told ABD pump before by very highly regarded mechanics and it was a boost leak. I have also broken the booster pump that gets vaccum from the engine.

If it truly is the module. May need to call LA dismantler.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:25 PM
so i went to my mechanic and was talking about how he figured it out. what kept popping up was a wheel sensor issue. all sensors have been replaced so he went threw every harness all the way back to the abs module and the wires are all good he hooked up a reader to the car took it for a ride and all the wheel sensors were reporting perfect so with the sensors all working and the wiring going back to the abs module sending signals 100 percent its pointing to the abs module . thanks heavy chevy i already spoke to them and they have what i need i was just reaching out on here to see if anyone had anymore leads to save a few. keep everyone posted on what happens

Old 08-23-2018, 12:27 AM
bkj
bkj is an unknown quantity at this point
Having the same issue!

Having the same issue with my 996TT ABS module. Please help! How did you resolve this issue?